B&Q www.diy.com

B&Q www.diy.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for B&Q www.diy.com

“Bad manager ”

written by Marques476 on 05/06/2024

I can't warn people enough to stay away from B&q Ilford. I got a plant on Sunday it died within one hour it was a outdoor plant. I returned it with receipt I was spoken to by the angry rude aggressive manager she smirked and said not her problem refused a exchange or refund. She should be sacked. Do not buy plants from Ilford store they are diseased and they know it so won't give back your money

“Garden sumner folding chairs”

written by 1966Lewis-Alt on 31/05/2024

Good chairs strong and well padded and comfortable good height only criticism is due to padded material leaving out in rain material gets saturated and takes forever to dry . Covers should b available to protect them

“No customer support for over 2 weeks, Ridiculous!!”

written by JayButler on 27/05/2024

I ordered gardening supplies for my aunts bday. It took 6 days to arrive and when it did the largest part of the order wasn’t delivered.(4 large bags of fertilizer) I emailed them for 2 days and then nothing. No contact or further messages, still no delivery date. The present is ruined. Worst customer service I’ve ever had to deal with. All I need to know is an approximate delivery date. Have since spent 2 days sending emails… nothing! Ridiculous, avoid at all costs.

“Do not buy a kitchen ”

written by Cynthiay278 on 26/04/2024

Warning. Do NOT ever purchase a kitchen from B&Q. My kitchen was faulty within 6 weeks of receiving it, I made my first complaint then it took 2 years of emails, house visits, store visits . This made me ill with stress . The kitchen manager said the kitchen was faulty and needed replacing. The surfaces were awful The cabinets rotted and had an oil leaking from them. I was offered a replacement 3 times but this was never honoured . They have now offered me £250 !! Rude, unhelpful staff. £5000 down the drain and needing a new kitchen

“Please find your own contractor for bathroom installation”

written by Aliceg23 on 04/04/2024

I really do hope you are reading this before you are trying to navigate B&Qs shambolic complaints structure because you have been fooled into thinking they are able to fit that bathroom they have sold you and you are trapped by a finance agreement that started taking payment before the bathroom was even started... And if you are at the point of being enticed by their 0% finance deals, it would cost you less to get a loan from the bank and pay the interest as their fitting costs are extortionate and around double what you would pay a independent bathroom fitter. The fitters they use are not employed by B&Q and B&Q do not oversee the work whatsoever. If you have an issue with a contractor, in my experience, the issue is most likely going to be directed back at you so make sure have some fight in you. To set the scene: Bathroom was due to start beginning of January 2023 but I had a call the day it was due to start to say the fitter had been signed off due to injury. Next fitter kept delaying, hardly ever turned up, was rude, terrible job. B&Q Regional Manager agreed in March 2023 whole job needed redoing - this took until November 2023 to start. My concerns with this contractor were not taken seriously and I was told to let him finish. Only taken seriously when water started coming through the ceiling in the room below the bathroom and I emailed the CEO 70 times in one day. I will try and summarise 18 months of hell and the 600 pages of evidence I submitted to the Ombudsman. - Bath and taps not fitted properly (second attempt at this) so water was unknowingly running behind the bath until floor and ceiling reached saturation point and leaked into room below. - Discovered stud wall they built was not secured and was held in place by silicone which is not meant to be loadbearing (they had tried to secure a piece of wood with a screw not thick enough to go through said piece of wood...). If someone fell into the wall it would've moved. B&Q not fussed by the safety implications of this. - Only toilet in the house left leaking and unusable, hot and cold taps plumbed in the wrong way, shower plumbed in too low to comfortably shower under... - No protection used when filling and sanding walls (these were walls of new plasterboard that had been skimmed, but badly) so the bathroom, hallway, carpets, kitchen, including inside the cupboards of my small two bedroom home were filled with a thick layer of plaster and paint dust. - Thousands of pounds added to the bill, when contractors changed, over due to the first one apparently having taken incorrect measurements. - No heat proof mats used when welding so left floor scorched. - First contractor had a plasterer in before the old bathroom was removed and stopped replying to my messages when asked about this as the bath, toilet and sink were all moving locations. - Unable to live in my home as a direct result of their incompetence for over 6 months. - Only one bathroom in the house and no safe washing facilities in the house from January 2024 to April 2024. - Contractors lost my front door key. Twice. On another occasion left the door key under a pot on the doorstep (obviously without my permission). - Hundreds of hours spent chasing emails, sitting in store waiting for someone to speak to me, trying to get through on the phone, trying to reorganise meetings that they cancelled last minute. - Management staff are unable to deal with complaints in a constructive way. Combative and evasive attitudes. - Received emails meant for other people; one included all the details of someone else's kitchen that had been ruined. - Someone else's bathroom and kitchen were dumped out he front of my house. - Carpet stained by water from a plaster bucked, wooden floor scratched, light fitting broken. All of these were visible in photographs but were denied which was mind boggling. - Tiles not laid flat to the wall, discoloured/chipped tiles laid, tiles not cut the right size so gaps left, grout and silicone left smeared over tiles, white grout applied using dirty cloth so brown, holes in grout, spacers left sticking out of grout. - Multiple layers of wet paint applied over dirty walls so it then bubbled up. - Silicone looked like it had been done by a child. - Paint, filler, plaster left on the door and window frames. - Ceramic of new toilet chipped, new skirting board scuffed, drawer fronts of vanity unit damaged. - Recesses not built square. The list goes on. And on. And on. It has taken me over a year to get my money back to be able to get someone else to redo it. To finish on a good note though, they did hang a mirrored cabinet and it didn't fall off the wall. Small win.

“Disgusted ”

written by Amanda0007 on 21/03/2024

I purchased a 'Square Reversible Straight Shower Bath Screen' thinking it would be of good quality from B&Q but how wrong was I... I employed a plumber to install it but on fitting the screen he informed me there was a tiny gap between the hinge and the start of the seal so it LEAKED!! He then sourced a good quality thick replacement seal which is massive improvement on the cheap flimsy one. So far this new seal hasn't leaked and actually does the job its supposed to do! I then contacted B&Q to complain but weeks later still no response. I then chased them again and I was fobbed off by them informing me I have to contact the seller KU Bathrooms & Kitchens! Why SHOULD I be contacting the seller!? I was then informed I should of submitted a report nearer the time and theres nothing they can do! What!? You ignored me for weeks and want a report!? What report!? I then did a review on their website (a bad one obviously) and had an email to say it was live on their website, it wasn't. Chased them 3 times and was fobbed off with 'their escalation team will be in touch' nothing... so I went through all that stress for weeks on end for nothing and out of pocket, thanks B&Q. All in all I am absolutely disgusted with the whole ordeal. I thought they were a reputable company who looked after their customers l. I will never ever purchase anything from them again.

“Trash yr hs when u B&Q it!”

written by NatashaMaxwell on 17/03/2024

Customer of 30 years who gave up car 20 yrs ago for...the environment. It was a simple job...until I did what B&Q said "Check availability on website". The matt emulsion turned out not to be available but..they sent everything-else that I can't use before the...matt emulsion... so now I am stuffed with house in chaos and my health is suffering. So much for best foot forward... they depart from core business by adding other suppliers but for get that central to any DIY is sequence of job and...availability. cancel 1 part of the order cancel it all. All I needed was matt emulsion that *was* available not some external supplier that wasn't. Oh & they dont understand the implications of their own delivery charge. My order *was* above but because they failed...I have to i) go to nearest store or ii) make new order with a delivery charge? If I knew they had departed from accuracy of availability I would have a living room instead of a bomb site.

“Do they receive proper training or just thrown in?”

written by GloriaMcCollum on 06/01/2024

Me and my partner bought a kitchen along with fitting (£7,000) from B&Q (york - monks cross). I have never experience such atrocious customer service in my life. We were passed from 3 different designers, the fitter didn’t measure the space correctly and when it came to actually fitting the kitchen there were so many design flaws that we had to wait over a month to have it completed. A young family left without a working kitchen or even a sink. We then had refunds worth £900 as the design (pull out cupboard, drawers etc) were not practical meaning they would have never worked in the first place, our dream kitchen slowly becoming unachievable. They then had problems with the refund system which was blamed on us (?) and after several emails finally they came to the realisation that it was their system error.. (still dealing with this now - kitchen started in Aug’23) I have come to the conclusion that no one that works there knows what they are doing and would never recommend buying anything from them!!

“BnQ delivery over the road woke me up at 7:20am - Not...”

written by AshLeelmb on 04/01/2024

BnQ sent a big delivery truck to a customer of theirs who lives over the road from me at 7:20am and the banging I could hear while they were offloading the customers items was loud and it woke me up. I went over and complained but they said that they'd been sent there at the order of the customer through BnQ deliveries but BnQ could have pushed back on this and told the customer that they won't deliver this early...saving me being woken me up! So I then called the complaints team and they wouldn't log a complaint unless I had the order number of the customer...which I don't have and I'm not prepared to go over to the neighbours who I don't know to ask for it as it's an awkward conversation with them and I don't want to create any bad feeling with my neighbours. And I think it's pretty ridiculous how BnQ won't even log a complaint without the customers order number for the delivery, rather than just use the address and attach the complaint to that instead, because not all complaints will come from actual customers! BnQ, you're pathetic!

“Self scan no choice ”

written by Rodriguez236 on 02/12/2023

I will admit it’s not my favourite diy store so I don’t go often. Today I walk in to buy a few bits an yep no tills. Self scan or nothing. If I had not been with someone else I would have left my trolley at the till and walked out. But as some of the stuff wasn’t mine I had no choice but to go ahead without causing embarrassment. Not only was it self scan but if you wanted to pay cash you could only go to one specific self scan till. I will not return

“Disgusting company!”

written by Marsh352 on 16/11/2023

We bought 12 shelves for our online business we were about to start, the shelves arrived damaged, scratched and had missing parts. We made several attempts to resolve this with B&Q and was constantly ignored for weeks, to the point we HAD to build the damaged shelving as we needed it for our online business. Eventually after weeks and nearly months of emails, calls, and writing to our MP, B&Q responded. The angry advisor from the executive customer relations department lied to us, mislead us, spoke over us, spoke down to us, was patronising and put this whole experience as the worst I’ve ever had. The CEO also ignores his emails, clearly doesn’t care about his customers or how much they’re being mistreated!

“Awful experience ”

written by LauraWigg on 20/10/2023

So far it has taken them 6 months to complete an en-suite project which included 4 days of fitting and it’s still not finished. The Customer Care Team are poorly trained and don’t know how to resolve issues that don’t fit their simple ‘ChatBox’ type of question.

“Be warned all . ”

written by Vanceqo433 on 18/10/2023

Brought powerstation online. Broken down in month. B&q saying contact verified seller clever stuff international. Did that they fobing me off for more then month. Contact b&q again they said will raise issue. Contacted by verified seller clever stuff int. They send label to return unit and will issue refund. Packed back in original packaging and sent it back. Now 2 weeks after nothing from eather of those 2 companies. B&q dont wanna know. Clever stuff int private lim company (address on gov company house) no comunication since. So left without product and money. Avoiding completlly b&q and going next door to screwfix or any other shop juat not this 2. Save yourself hastle is stay clear from them if you care about your hard earned cash. Be warned all.

“Kitchen Planning”

written by ParkerParker on 08/10/2023

From start to finish our kitchen planner was helpful, knowledgeable, patient, funny and a joy to interact with during our two hour planning appointment for our kitchen. He listened and made suggestions which were practical and enhanced the design. The two hours flew by and we left with a fantastic plan! Thanks B & Q Liffey Valley Dublin.

“20mm gravel ,online pic shows flint NOT 20mm crushed...”

written by grahamgeorge on 01/09/2023

Arrived on time but when unloaded the bulk bags contained 20mm crushed granite. After a number of phonecalls where they point out that the listing does say colour, size and texture may vary, I was told that this is because it is a natural product. Nothing wrong there except their picture quite clearly shows flint NOT crushed granite. Now because I was being firm about my complaint and insisting they fulfill our contract they put the phone down and are apparently cancelling the order. Not remotely interested in Trading Standards. I thought I was buying flint gravel but get stonewalling instead. Am I really the first perswon to complain about this?

“AVOID”

written by possetflyer on 23/08/2023

All ok until delivery, pieces missing and no help. Parts of kitchen don’t make sense.

“Shocking! No customer service, not delivered goods ”

written by Yamilet487 on 16/08/2023

Warning: do not buy from these online. Shocking! They have my money, I have not had item delivered and they don’t answer phone in Customer Services.

“New kitchen”

written by MrandMrsClover on 25/07/2023

Fantastic service from the Colchester team in buying our new kitchen. From planning, product choice, delivery and after sales nothing was too much trouble. Kitchen looks great and would definitely recommend B and Q .

“Diabolical customer services ”

written by Lissaj on 22/07/2023

If I could give Zero stars I would. I ordered the “Milano solid oak glass top dining table” costing £199 through b&q seller “Royal Comfort”. The table arrived damaged with a scuff on glass top. I contacted b&q seller straight away and provided photos as evidence. I advised I wanted a replacement. Firstly they took 5 days to respond! After a number of emails in the course of a month, it was clear the seller was not obliging and just kept offering discounts to keep the table. I was so fed up of no resolve and after much discussion and dispute the seller offered a 20% discount if I would keep the table. I accepted this and a refund of £39.99 was agreed. On the 14/7/23 I had an email from b&q and the seller confirming I would get the refund, but on the b&q email it stated “the refund would be processed once the item had been returned”. I have contacted the market place seller, they have said they have sent the money to b&q and I have contacted B&Q on several occasions and they have advised the refund was processed on 11/7/23. Today I rung b&q to advise I had NOT had the refund and also check my with PayPal and nothing pending. The lady from B&Q was very rude, would not let me speak, kept talking over me and would not listen to anything I was trying to say. She also refused to give me her name. So far I am absolutely disgusted with all correspondence with b&q and have had a terrible experience. As well as ringing B&Q customer services, I have also emailed B&Q a formal complaint through and had absolutely NO response! The customer care team is diabolical. In store, they are great, but please avoid any orders in line and definitely avoid and sellers through B&Q.

“Worst customer service EVER ”

written by hwCross24 on 21/07/2023

500 euro pool with huge burn hole will do nothing to rectify in time for a child’s birthday disgusting behaviour from a company avoid like the plague

Asked by billisabel on 9th February 2014 Report this content
I notice that they advertise Pull out Drawer tray systems Page 78 in your Kitchens Buying Guide, however they only seem to sell 500mm trays, do not also sell 600mm units as well? It seems to me that if they don't they should. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site