B&Q Reviews - www.diy.com

B&Q www.diy.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for B&Q www.diy.com

“Bad positions of items”

Written on: 22/08/2022 by MrEaves (1 review written)

Wanted some filler for small repairs in ceiling and walls, went to the filler section by the paints etc, not much choice, there was about 4 or 5 polyfilla tubes, and 1 dial, tubes read as for fine cracks, smooth finish, one was really light weight, I wanted a filler to repair a little damage up to 2mm deep, I picked up a tube, that felt okay good weight etc, this was in the polyfilla section, applied to 10 areas on ceiling and wall, went to rub it down NO will not rub down wife seen it moisture resistant polyfilla, nothing on the tube about rubbing down and painting says it’s for gaps along skirting and door frames which you do rub down and paint. This is NOT a filler it’s a silicone sealant, should not be with normal fillers, and should be with other silicone products poorly signed by polyfilla, now it’s on my ceiling and wall now what B&Q?

“Never again”

Written on: 31/07/2022 by Jimbo54 (1 review written)

Went to B&Q High Wycombe to get a Tao washer. Found what I wanted, went to pay....no operational manned tills, big signs saying "selfscan only" and lots of teenagers running round pointlessly with handheld terminals, doing nothing. That is not good enough. Left, went 100 yds to Wickes, got twice the number of washers for the same price....no queue, served by a polite and effective human. I will NEVER go to B&Q again, they hate their customers

“delivery fail! Took my money but no goods delivered.”

Written on: 15/06/2022 by Billie111 (1 review written)

Took my money £500 failed to deliver… won’t talk to me ! Builder waiting for stuff. Terrible service. Terrible customer service… I am left with no money and no order. Horrible!

Billie111's Response to Billie111's Review

Written on: 18/06/2022

Update..second delivery fail ! Waited all Tuesday to be told it would arrive Saturday…guess what ? Phoned them this morning,Saturday, to be told it would now be delivered Tuesday ….Will let you know how much more of my life this Micky Mouse outfit waste.

Read 1 Comment

“Customer toilets still closed!”

Written on: 14/02/2022 by 379Haley (1 review written)

Customer toilets STILL closed.

“Help with a refund”

Written on: 13/02/2022 by NabilaAlam (1 review written)

My builder bought the wrong locks and barrel for my patio door which cost me about £120 so it was upsetting when he not only ran off with my keys but also the receipt. I spent a good 2 months trying to get the receipt (and keys) back but eventually went into the Ilford branch of B&Q armed with my credit card bill (with several B&Q transactions) and my fingers crossed that I would get a refund. I was lucky to be served by someon who spent a good while trawling through all the transactions on all the days I was in the store. She showed patience and diligence and honestly didn't give up until she found the transaction and reproduced the receipt for me! Although it had been more than 45 days, the manager agreed to a refund as there was proof of purchase. the assistant was a silver lining in an already stressful situation for me and I am eternally grateful for her patience and kindness! I would highly recommend B&Q to all.

“System needs overhauling”

Written on: 01/02/2022 by MickyMiller (1 review written)

I wanted three worktops delivered, placed an order, and paid but was refunded for two as they were out of stock. One being no good to me, I tried to reorder. I waited a few days and tried again. It transpires that if there is no stock in 'the hub'(whatever that is) I can't place an order- nor can they give me a replenishment date. I found locally that there were twenty-two worktops in stock of the type I needed but no system to deliver them from the store. So I was in limbo. I rang the ironically named 'customer care' number and was greeted by an Asian man probably working from home with a thick accent making it hard to understand him, drawing mucus from his nose into his mouth, and constantly spitting it out. While admirable that he was working through illness, it was the most uncomfortable of experiences. I didn't get to place an order for the reasons given and think the system and policy sucks.

“WALLPAPER FAULTS”

Written on: 09/11/2021 by Greenwoodqu316 (1 review written)

Just opened a package of 10 rolls of wallpaper ordered and delivered via the website. Three rolls were a different batch number from the remainder. Five had the plastic packaging stained with what looks like blood that on two rolls had also marked the paper. Presumably quality control during picking and packing is non-existent. My decorator is tearing his hair out. Will never shop at B&Q again.

“Excellent trade team”

Written on: 24/09/2021 by Yoddler (1 review written)

B&Q Washington have the best trade team (in my opinion) having used the store regularly over the past few years. Nothing is too much for them and their professionalism is outstanding. It says not to mention names but they are exceptional when dealing with the different trades that use the store daily. It makes it much easier when needing to buy essentials for doing jobs where staff are always there to help. J

“2 months waiting, no order to show up”

Written on: 08/09/2021 by sdLittle60 (1 review written)

We ordered a clearance kitchen from B&Q online as advised in the store to ensure they had stock. We did this and purchased everything we needed online seemingly without a problem, immediately after contacted customers services to ensure that the items where in stock as the waiting time for delivery was over 2 months. We didn't want to wait and not get the items. Everything was in stock and it was a bargain price, so we were willing to wait. We waited the entire time, from 01/07/21 to 03/07/21. Had the kitchen ready to just attach the new doors and fronts. On the day 02/09/21 I received a call from the delivery driver to confirm a delivery time the following day. So all looked good why would we think otherwise, I took this as confirmation. The day of delivery came and I received a call from B&Q customer service stating that one of the doors was not available. As a result due to it being a clearance item, she was going to cancel the order and refund us. Absolutely stunned that it had been left after confirmed delivery, we had been left with a kitchen with no doors or fronts. The price was bargain price but we had made and had it confirmed as in stock only to be left with no clear explanation only the apparent poor stock control. We have made a complaint but even that seems to be dealt with poorly as we are still waiting. Not sure how they can get away with taking payment and leaving us for the entire 2 months only to let us down last minute. really bad experience.

“False Signage”

Written on: 01/09/2021 by Kadinh106 (1 review written)

We purchased a hot tub/spa from B&Q, we purchased from them as their signage stated that the price which was £7500 was fully installed, however, when we purchased the tub and arranging delivery, we were advised that we had to pay a further £750 for installation!! I have contacted their customer service several times to be ignored or patronised! I have photographs of their signs which incidentally after my enquiry to customer service were removed! Would never recommend buying a big purchase from them, their aftercare is nothing less than shocking! All costs should be clearly signed prior to purchasing!

“Thank you Tobi... ”

Written on: 11/08/2021 by Lungstee (1 review written)

Every time I go into my local B&Q, Newbury Park, it is hard to get the 1-2-1 help and advice. My luck changed today when I saw this guy, Tobi on the other aisle and asked for help to find what I needed. Tobi did not hesitate! A first. He took me to where the letterboxes were and took the time to show me and explain, even getting a tape measure to make sure I got the right stuff! Very rare. Young man, you made my day. Thank you. 5⭐s for you.

“B&Q DO NOT CARE ABOUT DISBALED PEOPLE”

Written on: 05/08/2021 by Dixon341 (1 review written)

B&Q does not care about disabled people. I ordered a kitchen from B&Q to be delivered. I was told when ordering as i am disabled the delivery drivers would deliver the products into my bungalow. the day of the delivery the driver was rude and said that he doesn't care how disabled i am he won't bring the kitchen into the bungalow. i have to take it in myself. He could see i am disabled but didn't care and was very rude. Contacting B&Q they just kept stating it is kerb side only, even though i was told they would bring it in. Basically if you are disabled and unable to carry the heavy kitchen parts in yourself, they won't help you. They take your money and then don't care, basically B&Q doesn't care about the disabled.

“Poor communication”

Written on: 16/07/2021 by Tari1 (1 review written)

I bought stones. Paving slabs and sand for delivery on 5th of July. The 5 out of 6 bags of sand were ripped and sand coming out. One of them had tape on top to stop sand coming out. Contacted customer service via email and send video of the bags. They asked me to send the receipt and reference number which I did and upto now they have not responded to me. Poor complaints service Please improve

“The most unpleasant and disappoint experience”

Written on: 28/06/2021 by erikoliveira (1 review written)

B&Q was the most unpleasant, disappointing and terrible experience ever when shopping online. Firstly, the store processed an order, made me pay for it and only after they messaged me saying that the items were out of stock. Secondly, once I tried to pay with my debit card and the website couldn’t process it, I finished paying via Paypal. My surprise was that they charged me twice. The paypal that was the confirmed one, they processed a refund but the other one, I had to contact my bank, get details and pass them the info to have this cancelled. Basically, I paid twice for an order with items that were out of stock and have to wait for a week to have my money back only because the store is the most disorganised and unprofessional I saw in my life. Never, never more.

“Lady on the till was AMAZING”

Written on: 15/05/2021 by Jamesphilpott (1 review written)

I went to B&Q trunk road Middlesbrough, I am renovating a property near the store, so this was my first time visiting this particular store, as I am not local to this area. The customer service of a lady on the till was, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. If all your staff were trained like this individual I think your stores would thrive. Thank you.

“Home delivery ”

Written on: 30/04/2021 by Jmh6767 (1 review written)

Ordered compost and they failed to deliver on the specified day despite customer services insisting that it would be, (this was after a 32 minute wait on hold) My recommendation is if you want something delivered use Wickes.

“high quality”

Written on: 29/04/2021 by Theo-Wes (7 reviews written)

Got the perfect furniture from them for my new kitchen. They provide everyday DIY products with high quality.

“Bad, Bad, Bad”

Written on: 24/04/2021 by 269Nichols (1 review written)

You wait for ages for your order to arrive, then on the delivery day they make an excuse saying they can't get down the road because the truck is to big. Then, they just leave and don't respond - I have no idea where my items are and no idea when it is going to be delivered, customer service is non existent and you cannot get through on the phone. The company is the most unhelpful company I have ever known, the delivery drivers can't problem solve or think and get round obstacles, they didn't even attempt to drive from the other end of the road where the road is wider. Bin men drive up every week, I have builders skips dropped off and they all manage. B & Q drivers just don't bother. Poor Poor Poor.

“Appalling service - avoid!”

Written on: 18/04/2021 by YadiraCardenas (1 review written)

Spent about 2 hours trying to place an order before giving up because the website constantly crashing. Eventually managed to place the order the next day. Was told it would be delivered in the morning but didn't arrive until fine 3pm without any notice that it was going to be late. One of the items missing, one fence panel that was warped and not properly treated and another one is broken. Was told by the delivery people that customer services would be in touch and have tried to get in touch through the website but no response.

“Awful Online Experience ”

Written on: 30/03/2021 by markstringer (1 review written)

I’ve used B&Q for years. I spend thousands via my trade account. Recently i’ve had to use the online ordering to get a door for a customer. The order took over a week. Then I used the online chat and I was told it would be a few more days. So I waited and after more than 2 weeks today I’ve used the chat again and have now been told that it was never in stock and I should have been notified of this. So i’ve waited 16 days having paid for a door that was never in stock with zero communication. It’s the epitome of poor ecommerce. How can they get it so wrong.