Brewers Fayre Reviews

Brewers Fayre

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“going downhill”

Written on: 25/08/2017 by fiRoach355 (1 review written)

went to brewers fayre in stoke what a disappointment staff have no interest in you food poor will not bother in future need a good sorting out… Read Full Review

“Good but could be better”

Written on: 01/05/2013

I visited your restaurant recently and I was appalled by the service of one particular waitress who I over heard discussing with another member of staff my weight and how much I was eating. I was disgusted as this is not good customer service and it has made me not want to visit again however we were served by a girl who offered to take our drinks to the table and was polite to us throughout she is a asset to our company… Read Full Review

Gisellev.'s Comment

Written on: 16/06/2014

Wow. If you were positive if was you she was discussing, you should have put her in her place.

Read 1 Comment

“Distinctly Average”

Written on: 27/10/2011

Clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and efficient at counter but then felt forgotten and waited 15 mins between starter and main course. Food ok but could be improved,just felt a bit too processed and was not particular good value for money at lunchtime. I have heard the buffet nights are good and the free top ups on £2.50 Costa coffee are ok too - How long you want to stay and how may cups of coffee you drink though would depend on getting value???… Read Full Review

“Staff”

Written on: 25/10/2011 by freda59 (1 review written)

Food good, nice atmosphere, comforable but a severe lack of staff, only one person taking orders so queuing occurred. Staffing level needs to be looked into. I will be back because I like the food but lessons need to be learned where staffing is concerned… Read Full Review

“chinese buffet”

Written on: 17/10/2011

not enough choice of food. food was very much like pre packed supermarket chinese food. i know it was only £5.99 but i have had a lot nicer in proper chineses for the same price… Read Full Review

“Portway Pub Review”

Written on: 17/10/2011 by tonyeasdown (1 review written)

Our visit was a late afternoon, the place was very busy and had many children running about. Food ordering was good, but we were not told of any delays in supply of food. Whilst waiting for food to arrive, a lady server was confronted by another customer who complained of a wait of over one hour. Alarm bells rang! The waiting staff did appear to be in disaray. However! I questioned this with the server and was assured that our order would be within 30 minutes and sure enough our order arrived… Read Full Review

“Pleasant atmosphere, easy system of ordering and...”

Written on: 21/07/2008

Pleasant atmosphere, easy system of ordering and paying makes for a smooth visit. Very dirty chairs - tables appear not to be cleaned adequately at times. Cutlery doesn't always seem clean. Menu cards usually sticky and stained with food - unpleasant to handle Although we have had issues with cleanliness, i.e. dirty chairs etc., we have always found the staff very helpful and the food good value for money… Read Full Review

“2 pots of tea were just to say warm so I asked for a...”

Written on: 11/07/2008 by anniep (1 review written)

2 pots of tea were just to say warm so I asked for a teabag and hot water. The waiter took both pots away and heated them in the microwave. That was ok but as I had already filled the cups what was left and had been heated was only a thimble full and I did not get another cup, I was left with the one filled with cold tea… Read Full Review

“All that chain restaurants like Brewers Fayre are...”

Written on: 31/07/2006 by Adamreviewer (11 reviews written)

All that chain restaurants like Brewers Fayre are interested in is money; nothing else, and it no longer matters if the quality of the food is abysmal, because no-one ever complains anymore.
My experiences of Brewers Fayres has been a mixed bag. Some have been excellent, yet most have been rather disappointing.
The food is merely average and very overpriced, and isn't fresh; you can immediately tell the food is pre-packed.

Overall, average - disappointing… Read Full Review

“Apart from the last and final visit to the Brewers...”

Written on: 16/05/2006 by evs (1 review written)

Apart from the last and final visit to the Brewers Fayre in Alresford, the standard is such that it would encourage you to return, but regarding our visit on a Tuesday afternoon 9/5/06 to the premises (just off the double roundabout) having received lousy service, we did not even get a chance to order.
They may have been temporary staff, so maybe later in the year they will have got back to their usual good standards… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to evs's Review

Written on: 17/05/2006

evs.......I know there's no chips in Bath because there's no Devizes for Chippenham but do you really need to go all the way to Winchester for a meal?.

Read 1 Comment

“We visited the Woodend Inn, Huthwaite,on 7 August 05,...”

Written on: 16/08/2005 by Diane037 (1 review written)

We visited the Woodend Inn, Huthwaite,on 7 August 05, where my daughter ran into a poorly placed cross bar on play area equipment - injuring her nose and receiving a large blow to the head. Please do something about this play equipment before someone else has an accident. Letter of complaint sent to Woodend Inn and Head Office… Read Full Review

Elaine Barker's Response to 206423_Diane037's Review

Written on: 03/07/2006

A Friend and I visited Brewers Fayre Hornbeam Park Harrogate North Yorkshire this lunch time. On leaving the Restaurant via the accessible means as I have a Wheelchair. I was SOAKED!! On passing the back entrance to the kitchen with a fence round, WATER was thrown over the fence. It startled me and I opened the gate and shouted that I was displeased - A nice lunch time meal was ruined, PLEASE MENTION THIS TO THE STAFF INVOLED AS A SORRY WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE... but too busy smoking their FAGS!!! One disappointed Lady. I await your reply
<br>Thank you, Elaine Barker

66Mosquito's Response to 206423_Diane037's Review

Written on: 24/04/2010

I found this review not helpful because...i visited this inn with my granddaughter and my son and his partner.my granddaughter enjoyed the play equipment but because she is just 4 y o we kept an eye on her. you cannot expect the busy staff or other parents to do it for you.

Read 2 Comments