Hotpoint BD52 Reviews

Energy Source: Electric
Oven Functionality: Bake Roast
Other Features
Capacity: 1.24 cu. ft.
Secondary Oven Capacity: 2.3 cu. ft.
Number of Racks: 3
Cooling Fan: With Cooling Fan
Other
Overall Height: 34.92 in.
Overall Width: 23.5 in.
Overall Depth: 22.72 in.

“Built in oven condensation ”

Written on: 22/08/2021 by Caravan136 (1 review written)

Just had a lovely kitchen fitted with all hotpoint appliances and like all previous reviews the oven drips condensation in to the cabinet and on to the floor when cooking, only wished I had read the reviews before, very disappointed be warned everyone stay clear of hotpoint Built in ovens… Read Full Review

“Wish I’d read this before!”

Written on: 22/08/2021

Like everybody else, my appliance drips water when cooking. The housing unit is ruined after only a few months. Told by an engineer that ‘it’s normal’. Very disappointed because never been let down by hotpoint before but will definitely never buy a hotpoint oven again… Read Full Review

“Very disappointed”

Written on: 10/08/2021

Water leaks out of oven after cooking a roast of beef. Never had this problem with other ovens… Read Full Review

“Rubbish ”

Written on: 21/05/2021 by Fluffy21 (1 review written)

Would not touch the hotpoint double oven for love or money what a bad design this oven is constantly leaks water when u cook had 2 engineers out they have said the same but hotpoint have said make some holes in your cupboards to let out heat u got to laugh that’s why u buy oven as it’s slots in to ur cupboards had indesit oven great no problems with that think I go back to indesit… Read Full Review

“Rubbush”

Written on: 24/11/2020 by AmericaCrockett85 (1 review written)

I brought this cooker sometime ago I get a load of air blowing from top of the top oven door and the bottom loads of condensation quite dangerous really and doesn't cook very good when doing Yorkshire pudding… Read Full Review

“Leaking a lot of condensation when door opend”

Written on: 17/05/2019 by thejohnparr (2 reviews written)

This oven has been a pain since I purchased it. It leaks large amounts of condensation when the door is opened. I have had to place a tea towel on the door beneath the oven to catch the water. They show no interest and the independent engineer I called in could not find a fix. Unimpressed. Suggest you do not buy Hotpoint… Read Full Review

Viiny602's Response to thejohnparr's Review

Written on: 08/12/2019

My Hotpoint DD25441X does the same... I actually slipped across the floor on the puddle of water. All I was told was I have to use a cloth to dry the inside of the oven every time I use it... I have had three Hotpoint ovens over the years ...This is the only time I have had this problem. Bought in March 2019... I can't even cook meringues. It must be a fault in the design and I really don't know what to do next.

Remember58's reply to Viiny602's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2019

This is what is happening to mine too..... the water then is running down into the cutlery draw below. Don’t know what to do!

Val7's Response to thejohnparr's Review

Written on: 14/02/2021

I agree with everything you say I hate my Hotpoint double oven, water on my kitchen floor keep having to mop it up in case anyone slips on it.
If anyone thinking of buy a new cooker PLEASE don’t buy a Hotpoint rubbish, rubbish, rubbish

Juleshop1's reply to Val7's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2021

My double oven is doing the same its a 540 I have complained and been told if the engineer cant find a fault I would be charged. Have you had a rack collapse if it not in precisely when you put a heavy pot on it? 3 times this has happened to me very dangerous

Tataina's Response to thejohnparr's Review

Written on: 19/01/2020

You will be happy with me...

Read 5 Comments

“Condensation ”

Written on: 01/09/2013 by Pottiedotty (1 review written)

Even when the oven was first fitted two seals were fitted., then the engineer sealed it with silicone which lasted a couple of months now weare back to square one. We have only had the oven 18 months and for a purchase of this cost you would expect such a large company to get it right ! My advice don't buy hotpoint oven until they fix the problems, they must know about them and choose to ignore the design issue, I was told to cover my food while cooking !… Read Full Review

Debbiebrail's Response to Pottiedotty's Review

Written on: 19/05/2014

I have this exact same oven and have the exact same problem. I had a Creda double oven before which lasted me for years and years but this replacement is only about three years old and has leaked condensation since day one. I called out the engineer and got given the same information, 'cover your food' whilst cooking. Now the fan has stopped turning!!!

Brushyb's reply to Debbiebrail's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

Hope is in the air. We had the same problem with a similar Hotpoint Double Oven which we have just purchased. An engineer called today and told us that Hotpoint have issued a fix for this problem with Hotpoint Double Ovens which is something to do with fitting either an amended bottom seal or something like that. The engineer is due back in 5 days with the "Fix" which he was not carrying

Nanny-Anne's Response to Pottiedotty's Review

Written on: 28/03/2015

I have a built in Hotpoint double oven, it was leaking so badly it looked like a waterfall three new seals later, new oven door, and a trap to catch the condensation ?.The second engineer told me they are all like it, the problem is still here. Senior engineer stuck gaffer tape to the back of the oven near the fan said this will solve problem!! They told me to wrap or put meat in a roast bag, I said Jamie Oliver doesn't, so after complaining for the forth time they said nothing they could do, yes you can Hotpoint get a better seal on your ovens, like the old ones which were thick and absorbed the moisture...now looking for a new oven that does't leak these ovens will cause a nasty accident one day if they don't address issue soon.

Pennyfinzel's reply to Nanny-Anne's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2019

Having slipped over on my kitchen floor due to the amount of water caused through leakage from my Hotpoint oven. Less than a year old and having used Hotpoint Double ovens for twenty five years, cannot understand why they will not accept responsibility for their faulty new design ? What do we do next Help !

Read 4 Comments

“Totally agree with other users about the condensation...”

Written on: 15/03/2011

Totally agree with other users about the condensation problem and the pathetic alarm. Have had ours now for over 12 months and the fan has stopped turning when you switch the oven on. Admittedley we are a family of 6 and the oven does take a hammering, but there are no instructions in the service booklet about cleaning the fan. I usually have to poke something into the back of the oven to make it go round! Otherwise it's a great looker and everything else works just fine so far :)… Read Full Review

Debbiebrail's Comment

Written on: 19/05/2014

I have the same double oven as well. I have had the condensation problem since day one and in fact called out a service engineer because of it. Now my fan too has stopped turning and like you I have to poke something in the back to get it moving. Does anyone know how we can replace the motor to get the fan back working on its own again!!! Very disappointed in this oven, having had a creda one before (now owned by Hotpoint), this is definitely not up to the same build quality by any means.

Read 1 Comment

“Bought model SG103pgx. Condensation building up...”

Written on: 29/07/2010

Bought model SG103pgx. Condensation building up between panes of glass then trickling down the inside of the oven door and out the bottom onto unit below. Long term the water will ruin the cabinet, when cooking it looks unsightly and I can't get between the panes of glass to clean it.

Cannot fault the engineer who is always on time and efficient. He has been today and is going to return to silicone mastic a seal between two of the panes of glass as he has been informed by the technical… Read Full Review

“Great looking oven, read plenty of reviews before...”

Written on: 07/06/2010

Great looking oven, read plenty of reviews before purchasing however wish I'd read the ones on here.

Condensation is a big problem with ours. Each meal cooked results in a trickle and more often than not a puddle on the floor. Our oven is mounted so its at eye height. The result is the condensation runs through the kitchen unit and door. It's stained and the floor tiles are stained below.

Long term this is going to ruin this kitchen unit and it will not be an easy job to replase.

Unhappy… Read Full Review

“The main oven leaks water (condesnsation) from inside...”

Written on: 12/10/2009

The main oven leaks water (condesnsation) from inside the glass door, under the door seal at the bottom of the oven, down the kitchen unit door below, pooling on the floor! The door seal has been replaced but fault still presists. Awaiting a visit from the engineer!… Read Full Review

“I bought the Hotpoint BD52 cooker one month ago. Found...”

Written on: 13/08/2009

I bought the Hotpoint BD52 cooker one month ago. Found that timer alarm is pathetic, you can hardly hear it from 2 metres away… Read Full Review

“Bought my Hotpoint BD52 to match the black gas hob...”

Written on: 14/11/2008 by heh diddly (1 review written)

Bought my Hotpoint BD52 to match the black gas hob that looks and cleans great. Oven sleek and modern looking but really not too happy with how long it lasted. Only use it once a week too so been used150 times max - not happy bunny tonight… Read Full Review