Marks & Spencer's Coffee Shop Reviews

• Quality of Service

Marks and Spencer's Coffee Shop - Ask a question now

“Overcharged!”

written by Barton146 on 19/04/2024

I've just been charged €3.50 for a decaf black coffee in M&S Henry Street. Staff are very nice. The coffee was ok, but that is a very high price to charge. I am sorry I went in now! Next time I'll go to Arnotts or one of the dozens of coffee shops around the area.

“Lovely staff”

written by Karap343 on 02/12/2023

Went to M&S cafè culver. Was served by this lovely young lady, her manners and people skills were amazing, very patient with us when choosing our food as it was no turkey toasties left ! Well done M&S for hiring a very polite young lady, will be going to the cafè very soon again ! :)

“Couldn't believe the dust ”

written by Jrrrrrrrr on 15/09/2023

Today myself husband and grandaughter has lunch at Martlesham store Ipswich . The food was very nice but I couldn't believe how dirty the area around us was .My grandaughter of 3 stood up to grab the wood behind us and it was so dusty and dirty disgusting her hands were filthy, I had to wash her hands before she could carry on eating . Marks and Soencers you need to clean food areas better such a shame .

“Sad Decline of once mighty M&S”

written by marysam on 13/08/2023

Three of us having grocery shopped stopped for a snack @ lunchtime. What a dissapointment. My husbands soup came in a new smaller bowl(less soup). As a Coeliac I am limited to choice so had a cheese topped Baked Potato. When it arrived could not believe the megre amount of cheese. Asked for more which they supplied.Coffee came in new SMALLER Cup,no saucer,less coffee. At £9.15 for small potato/coffee think this is poor value. Friends sandwich OK,coffee mediocre.

“Overpriced and poor”

written by ImaGoodun on 10/07/2023

Anlaby branch, I paid £15.90 for two bacon baps and two cappacino. The bacon baps were half the size of previous visits, and the bacon was very tough, nearly pulled our teeth out. The coffee was just warm. No problems with the staff, but not value for money.

“Fantastic work”

written by Jones112 on 14/06/2023

I visited M&S aintree cafe store with my husband today, and watched how a young girl helped two elderly people with there order and then went of her way to talk to them both at the table taking drinks, and open source for both their toasties, it’s made our day seeing the care and time she gave them both, and am very sure by the interaction she gave them, it made there day too. Well done.

“Very disappointing indeed”

written by Carolinepicker on 23/03/2023

My daughter and I visited Banbury store today and was very disappointed at the time it took to bring us a bacon roll,a piece of walnut cake and 2 pots of tea. The size of the teacup is more like a small coffee cup and it was served with no saucer( what’s that all about) And to top that off you don’t get a biscuit with it anymore. I’m afraid I shall not be using your cafe anytime soon.

“Eggs Benedict ”

written by Archiethedog on 14/03/2023

Went into Colchester Marks and Spencer cafe, had coffee and eggs Benedict, which was nice, but cold,and I think it would be nicer to have bacon instead of ham. The service was excellent .

“Poor all around”

written by LyricBallard on 16/01/2023

Went to Yeovil and endured a very poor lunchtime. Service was up,to 30 minutes late and quality of presentation very amateur. I was lucky to get two eggs on my Eggs Royale, though no muffin only plain bread. Our next door table was told they could not have what they ordered as “they had run out of eggs”! What happened to the food hall stock’s downstairs. Felt sorry for the poor lady who was trying hard ….but we won’t be going again any time soon.

“need a new menu very poor ”

written by loracm on 14/01/2023

Popped into marks to have lunch. I wish I hadnt. It was very over priced and poorly presented. No thought has gone into the menus at all, aweful. For marks I would have expected better. My lunch was a bacon ciabatta and my husband a Shakaha, So in reality it was a dry roll with streaky bacon and absolutly nothing else, no dressing no salad no nothing. His was a slop of tomatoe that looked like it had come from a tin with two poached eggs in the middle.Both of us walked away deflated and wish we had waited and gone to tescos cafe instead. Most definately would not recommend marks again.

“Rising prices poor service and "button coffee"!”

written by Suzannewainwright on 13/12/2022

Running up to Christmas on a Tuesday...The management have done away with the barista coffee makers and now you wait in a queue for 15 mins for someone to press a button and slosh a bit if hot millk in it. There is no inviting aroma of coffee, no little short bread and no saucer. I won't be giving M&S my custom again. £3.40 for this... Total "beancounter" rubbish.

“Very slow service”

written by FinnPuckett118 on 01/04/2022

I met a friend today and had to wait ages to be served in the queue. Only one other person in front of me wanting a coffee. Very frustrating. No apology. Please can you put more staff on serving drinks whilst also paying for food to avoid queuing.

“Why can’t I leave a tip!! ”

written by ladybirdonmyhand on 08/12/2021

Is it just covid and lack of staff that have turned the cafe into more of a canteen? Such a limited choice of cake too I thought it would have improved by now. . I was hoping for a mince pie and cream or a truffle log with my cuppa. The staff are stuck in a mask all shift it must be stressful for them I asked to leave a tip to show my appreciation but was told it isn’t allowed!!! Come on Marks and Spencer

“Tasty one”

written by AnjaMartin on 11/11/2021

The coffee is very strong and has good taste too. The place is quit clean. I enjoyed having coffee over there.

“top quality coffee”

written by Sa-Evans on 31/08/2021

Marks and spencer always provides top quality coffees. They are now serving lunch as well.

“good one”

written by Wild-X on 18/03/2021

Nice cafe. I like their toasted tea cake and its one of my favorites from them.

“Okay”

written by Ojassha on 28/01/2021

Marks & Spencers Coffee is tasty, but the service was very poor. They don't treat customers properly.

“BISCUIT WITH COFFEE IN MARKS AND SPENCER CAFE”

written by on 19/03/2018

I find it very sneaky that Marks and Spencer have decided to hide their biscuits under the counter, have instructed their counter staff not to ask the customers if they would like the biscuit with their drink, will not put out a notice informing customers that they now have to ASK for the biscuit. They have not stopped providing the biscuits but the customers are thinking they have been withdrawn because they are not now regularly put on the saucers. The next thing is that Marks and Spencer will say there is no call for the little biscuits and they will then stop providing them. VERY SNEAKY MARKS AND SPENCER - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

“Unprofessional - poor quality”

written by 114Downey on 21/01/2018

Decaffeinated is horribly weak - even the staff It it ! If Starbucks can produce strong decaf, why can’t M&S ? Also, the standard of the flat white is generally poor; more like a milky coffee dumped in a cup. Marks & Spencer really ought to train their staff in proper coffee making methods . I’ve tried several outlets and the standard is very hit and miss.

“Staff, Service, Drink”

written by KadenSmith81 on 28/11/2017

Excellent service ,purchased luxury hot chocolate which was delicious and made by a very friendly smiley member of staff .Went there with my friend today Sunday 26/11/17. at 12.51 . This was my first visit and we will be going back .For me the way staff treat the customer is equally important as the quality of food and drink purhaced. Marks Spencer Salisbury.

Asked by Havkney on 11th October 2021 Report this content
Our M&S cafe at Cramlington, Northumberland says they are not allowed to sell cheese scones anymore, although they do make & sell them at their bakery! Any idea why?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site