Marks & Spencer's Coffee Shop Reviews

• Quality of Service

Marks and Spencer's Coffee Shop - Ask a question now

“Very slow service”

Written on: 01/04/2022 by FinnPuckett118 (1 review written)

I met a friend today and had to wait ages to be served in the queue. Only one other person in front of me wanting a coffee. Very frustrating. No apology. Please can you put more staff on serving drinks whilst also paying for food to avoid queuing.

“Why can’t I leave a tip!! ”

Written on: 08/12/2021 by ladybirdonmyhand (1 review written)

Is it just covid and lack of staff that have turned the cafe into more of a canteen? Such a limited choice of cake too I thought it would have improved by now. . I was hoping for a mince pie and cream or a truffle log with my cuppa. The staff are stuck in a mask all shift it must be stressful for them I asked to leave a tip to show my appreciation but was told it isn’t allowed!!! Come on Marks and Spencer

“Tasty one”

Written on: 11/11/2021 by AnjaMartin (14 reviews written)

The coffee is very strong and has good taste too. The place is quit clean. I enjoyed having coffee over there.

“top quality coffee”

Written on: 31/08/2021 by Sa-Evans (8 reviews written)

Marks and spencer always provides top quality coffees. They are now serving lunch as well.

“good one”

Written on: 18/03/2021 by Wild-X (7 reviews written)

Nice cafe. I like their toasted tea cake and its one of my favorites from them.

“Okay”

Written on: 28/01/2021 by Ojassha (12 reviews written)

Marks & Spencers Coffee is tasty, but the service was very poor. They don't treat customers properly.

“BISCUIT WITH COFFEE IN MARKS AND SPENCER CAFE”

Written on: 19/03/2018

I find it very sneaky that Marks and Spencer have decided to hide their biscuits under the counter, have instructed their counter staff not to ask the customers if they would like the biscuit with their drink, will not put out a notice informing customers that they now have to ASK for the biscuit. They have not stopped providing the biscuits but the customers are thinking they have been withdrawn because they are not now regularly put on the saucers. The next thing is that Marks and Spencer will say there is no call for the little biscuits and they will then stop providing them. VERY SNEAKY MARKS AND SPENCER - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

“Unprofessional - poor quality”

Written on: 21/01/2018 by 114Downey (1 review written)

Decaffeinated is horribly weak - even the staff It it ! If Starbucks can produce strong decaf, why can’t M&S ? Also, the standard of the flat white is generally poor; more like a milky coffee dumped in a cup. Marks & Spencer really ought to train their staff in proper coffee making methods . I’ve tried several outlets and the standard is very hit and miss.

“Staff, Service, Drink”

Written on: 28/11/2017 by KadenSmith81 (1 review written)

Excellent service ,purchased luxury hot chocolate which was delicious and made by a very friendly smiley member of staff .Went there with my friend today Sunday 26/11/17. at 12.51 . This was my first visit and we will be going back .For me the way staff treat the customer is equally important as the quality of food and drink purhaced. Marks Spencer Salisbury.

“Very good food and drink and excellent service at...”

Written on: 27/02/2017

The Marks and Spencer cafe in Winchester is excellent. Staff are fantastic, always helpful to customers and efficient in their work. They are friendly but also professional. They make good coffee, unlike Southampton which is Luke warm nearly cold even after telling them. Cafe is always clean and tables cleared promptly even when busy, which they always are.

“So slow”

Written on: 20/06/2016 by RhiannaRobb475 (1 review written)

I have always enjoyed m&s coffee but why does it take so long to make!! Every store I have been to of late is the same and the service is so slow. You see enough staff so I don't know the problem but puts me off going there again.

“Run out of food on a Saturday afternoon”

Written on: 18/06/2016 by scoobs123 (1 review written)

Bluewater cafe revive at 14.00 on a Saturday afternoon. Very busy, long queues and when we got to the counter, were told no baked beans or tuna left for the jacket potatoes. Ok, tried ordering a king prawn salad, was told there was no salads! No apology or alternative offered, not even a smile, very poor service. Why then did the person on the table next to me have cheese jacket potato with a side salad? Cancelled food order and just had 2 x teas instead. Give a dirty tea cup, when asked for a new one, was scowled at and thrust at me, asked for 2 x teaspoons, all gone, had to go to another counter. All in all, very poor service which is a shame as food is generally very nice and reasonably priced. Won't be returning for a while. Very disappointed

“Poor service and a long wait”

Written on: 18/05/2016 by Fanningzx267 (1 review written)

On our visit, lunchtime. There were no chicken curry left to go with the jacket potato. This was at 12.30pm,so a few customers had asked for this, but were told none left. We ordered something else, had to wait for 30minutes. This is at the Metro centre, Newcastle. Lots of tables had not been cleared and cleaned. Service very slow, not the service you expect from Mark's and Spencers. Think they need to review their cafes, always slow service, not enough staff serving customer's and cleaning tables. Kingston park cafe is just as bad.

“Has Marks and Spencer withdrawn coffee loyalty card...”

Written on: 21/01/2016

Since last week my local M&S has withdrawn free coffee loyalty cards. I was told that the Sparks card would continue scheme of tenth coffee being free - so far it has not! Does anyone know what is happening? Local staff did not know either.

“POOR FOOD CHOICE”

Written on: 16/08/2015 by slpo (1 review written)

Every time we visit the coffee shops in Marks and Spencer there is the same poor cake choice - would it not be possible to have Cheesecakes or something other than sandwich cakes, scones and the occasional pastries. The time it takes to get a coffee is ridiculous - the queues are always long and sometimes we can't be bothered to wait and go elsewhere.

“Disappointing during refurbishment”

Written on: 29/03/2015

During the Winchester branch cafe refurbishment, iyour charge the same prices yet we have to have takeaway cups and paper plates not good enough and the seating just not acceptable coildn't get a pushchair or wheelchair around the tables. Just not acceptable. I'm visiting today and if the cafe is still under changes I will most certainly go elsewhere.

“bad experience”

Written on: 21/03/2015

I had a latte ( I like the coffee, but sometimes I think it is too hot, I usually order take away coffee- latte) and I ordered a ham cheese toastie for my daughter;( this was the first time staying in); tables were not clean- that was my first impression; we had to wait for the toastie for more than ten minutes; then- it was burned; I waited a second before I went to the waiter and asked for a fresh one, not burned; everyone looked at me like I did something wrong, finally we got the toastie- my daughter liked it, but I saw the staff laughing ( I hope they did not do something with the toastie...), anyway, I will never come back to M&S coffee place- Widnes, Cheshire

“Lovelystaff and food”

Written on: 17/11/2014

I went with a friend to Winchester Marks and Spencer coffee shop 17th November at 10 30 am. I visit frequently and always enjoy it, lovely staff and lovely food. On this occasion it was not so enjoyable and thought you should be aware. Many comments were being made from other customers in the queue. There were al large number of new staff swarming the place, obviously not knowing what they were doing. Two of the permanent staff who were lovely were trying to teach them. One of the new staff was very stroppy and said in front of everyone "I am not doing the washing up" something I have never seen in Marks and Spencer before. A very bad attitude indeed. Please please please keep the lovely permanent staff together. They make this coffee shop the lovely place it has always been . Thankyou.

“poor tasting gluten-free rolls”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by Aydan427 (1 review written)

I wonder if the person who buys the gluten-free rolls for the MandS Coffee Shops has ever tasted them. I enjoyed a delicious bowl of tomato soup today but the snack was spoiled by a revolting-tasting roll and I had to ask for some butter to spread on it. Certainly won't order this item again.

“fab !”

Written on: 05/04/2014 by Mitchellnv1968 (1 review written)

lovely food, especially toasted sandwiches, scones and cappachino, nice treat