Pentax K100D Super Reviews

Pentax K100D Super - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pentax K100D Super

Pentax K100D Super
Pentax K100D Super

“For me-graduating from a snapper to someone who wants...”

Written on: 06/08/2008 by mbimad1011 (16 reviews written)

For me-graduating from a snapper to someone who wants better pictures, the K100d i bought 2nd hand on ebay-with some trepidation I may add- but it is wonderful for a 1st timer to good dslr cameras....excellent value for money..and as the k100d super (with dust vibration removal) came out k100d prices dropped… Read Full Review

“I moved up to the K100D from a Canon A95 exactly one...”

Written on: 22/01/2008 by Barso (2 reviews written)

I moved up to the K100D from a Canon A95 exactly one year ago, at first
the prospect of learning a DSLR seemed daunting, but after reading the MANUAL several times and basically playing with the settings it became very easy to use. The 18-55 kit lens is a very good kit lens. Going back to other points made about pixels I can also say 6million is the right balance for a good A3 and A4 prints.

A note for any potential DSLR newbies the Pentax K100D SUPER can be had for 279.00 at Argos this must… Read Full Review

“I could hardly be happier with the K100D. It is an...”

Written on: 07/01/2008 by geofferiah (1 review written)

I could hardly be happier with the K100D. It is an absolute steal and could easily be priced much higher.
For the casual snappers, just set it to auto and fire away. If you are coming from a compact, the results will astound you.
Do not fall for the megapixel sell as 6.1 is enough for a sharp A3 enlargement (or more). Unless you are printing larger than this you are just wasting memory card space with higher resolution. For this reason I believe 6.1 megapixels is something of a sweetspot for a… Read Full Review

Justwally's Response to geofferiah's Review

Written on: 01/02/2008

Thank you for the information about: ---> The use of k-mount lenses (I have loads of them because I own a Pentax k1000 and k1000se). ---> The confirmation of my decision that 6.1mp is suitable to task. ---> The mention about AA batteries (never can get enough info here, however). ---> Photo quality, viewfinder experience, low-light experience (I take night exposures frequently), and the comparison with another camera for contrast. All in all, a stunning find in reviews, thank you!

Read 1 Comment

“Don't worry that it is only 6 MP. I also use a Canon...”

Written on: 05/07/2007 by drndy (1 review written)

Don't worry that it is only 6 MP. I also use a Canon IXUS with 7 MP. The picture quality from the Pentax K100D is better. Print high quality pictures up to A4 on home printer… Read Full Review

Justwally's Response to 296730_drndy's Review

Written on: 01/02/2008

I found this review unhelpful because... ---- What was their experience with batteries, battery life, battery types? I am committed to using a common, rechargeable battery (AA) for all my portable electronics gear and this model claims to use AA batteries. ---- What lens/lenses/lens-types did they use? I have many, many Pentax k-mount lenses. ---- Was there an "all-manual" mode, and what did they think of it? If I am to purchase a Pentax digital SLR, I would like it to replace my film-based, all-manual k1000 and k1000se...does this camera compare? ---- Is the built-in flash suitable for most purposes? ---- Did they use an external/hot shoe flash?

Read 1 Comment