HP Color LaserJet 2600n Reviews

• Print Quality

• Ease of Set Up

HP Color LaserJet 2600n - Ask a question now

“I bought this as a replacement for the umpteenth ink...”

Written on: 05/10/2008

I bought this as a replacement for the umpteenth ink jet that werejust not man enough for my needs. Although somewhat bigger, heavier and a lot more robust than my inkjets, it has proved to be a brilliant machine for both letters and photos.

My work takes me in and out of many schools and these seem to be in every office. I have spoken to a number of school secretaries who all agree with me that they are excellent value for money, despite being around three times the price of a cheap and nasty inkjet.

Yes, the toner replacements look to be expensive, but I've had the machine 5 months and we are just about down to 50% of the black and around 65% left of each of the other 3. We print quite regularly and average around 30 sheets a week with a mix of text and photos.

It was a doddle to install and runs nicely plugged into the router and easily allows printing from both the laptop and PC via the network.

Despite previous reviews, I have found that HP does a driver for vista, but I verify it as I run from XP.

Most definitely one of my better puchases.

“I bought this as a replacement for the umpteenth ink...”

Written on: 04/10/2008 by scr8pe (4 reviews written)

I bought this as a replacement for the umpteenth ink jet that were just not man enough for my needs. Although somewhat bigger, heavier and a lot more robust than my inkjets, it has proved to be a brilliant machine for both letters and photos.

My work takes me in and out of many schools and these seem to be in every office. I have spoken to a number of school secretaries who all agree with me that they are excellent value for money, despite being around three times the price of a cheap and nasty inkjets.

It was a doddle to install and runs nicely plugged into the router and allows easy printing from both the laptop and PC via the network.

Despite whats said in previous reviews, I have found that HP does a driver for vista, but I cant verify that it works as I run from XP.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Cannot use the printer's 2400dpi mode, as the...”

Written on: 24/12/2007

Cannot use the printer's 2400dpi mode, as the cartridges only last a few pages. even at 600dpi (the only other setting) the cartridges make colour printing an unbelievably expensive option. A set of 4 cartridges cost far more than the complete machine with 4 already installed!

“Throughout the Vista beta programme of 5million users...”

Written on: 03/02/2007 by m25man (7 reviews written)

Throughout the Vista beta programme of 5million users they failed to deliver a driver for this HP Colour LaserJet 2600n.
Despite a promise by HP to support it soon, now Vista is launched and still no drivers.

If you want a replacement SoHo laser with a touch of colour and are using Windows XP then this might suit your needs.
If you are a serious user with photoshop or work with more complex colour applications then buy a printer with more memory

If you already own one of these DO NOT BUY A VISTA PC!

If you have a Vista PC DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!

Be warned, HP have done this before with other models, like the HP1100A.
They simply abandon support for a product even though it is still widely used and in the supply chain.
There are still many of this model out there on the shelves, and they are being sold off at crazy prices, this rings my alarm bell... will we ever see a Vista Driver?
Maybe they are just being dumped because they can't make it work.
Buyer beware.
Until there is Vista support, Don't buy this product.