Minolta X-700 Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Summary

Manufacturer: Konica Minolta
Features:
  • Programmed automatic or manual exposure
  • Camera body only; lens sold separately
  • Programmed auto flash
  • Date/time imprinting
  • Exposure override up to 2 stops
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Minolta X-700 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Minolta X-700

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I recently bought the (x-700) from a yard sale with...”

Written on: 11/05/2011

I recently bought the (x-700) from a yard sale with the zoom lense and the flash for $10.00. Have not tried it out yet....BUT when I look through the view finder I cant see anything (and yes the lense cap was off...lol). So I took the lense off to find the MIRROR inside is in the UP position. What I want to know is IS that normal?? or did I buy a nice broken camera??… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2011

As far as I know, the mirror locks-up when the batteries go out, so try a new battery (or new set of batteries, not sure)
    I don't know much about this Minolta, but I had the same issue on a Canon ae-1 program about a couple of years ago, the new battery did fix the problem; and no, that ain't normal, the mirror should be always down, I hope this helps a little bit, just my two cents.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2011

maybe there's no battery and the mirror is in the middle of it's cycle. the model (I own one) DOEs have an instant return mirror and should go dowm after exposure.

Read 2 Comments

“I have read the other reviews. I bought my Minolta...”

Written on: 18/09/2003 by mrhoudini (2 reviews written)

I have read the other reviews. I bought my Minolta X-700 35mm SLR Camera second hand off Ebay, and it appeared to be well cared for. Since then, I have used it and it appears to be fine. I haven't had any problems so far. I know that the current X370 is now made in China, if possible make sure any manual Minolta camera you may buy is made in Japan, because they're made better.

There aren't many quality, manual cameras you can buy new anymore. New X700s are available but rare, and the don't… Read Full Review

Joekelly's Response to mrhoudini's Review

Written on: 23/11/2007

I owned a Minolta x 700 for ten years mid 80,s, I banged it about a bit to say the least, it was a great camera at the time, I had the md1 and 1.4 lens ,I used to take photos of local matches ,with a Tamron 70-210, ,great days, i just cant settle with these all singing dancing electronic wizards, when I seen one on ebay I had to have it,£35,just a nightmare getting the drive for it, someone always outbids on the last few seconds,Minolta md lenses are as good as any today,

Read 1 Comment

“I don't really know what to say here, except that my...”

Written on: 31/05/2002 by lily in the mud. (1 review written)

I don't really know what to say here, except that my experience with this Minolta X-700 35mm SLR camera has been bittersweet. I travel a lot so it doesn't weather well under tough conditions, plus it's heavy and awkward to deal with in a hurry. The AE modes are limited, as well… Read Full Review