Minolta X-700 Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Summary

Manufacturer: Konica Minolta
Features:
  • Programmed automatic or manual exposure
  • Camera body only; lens sold separately
  • Programmed auto flash
  • Date/time imprinting
  • Exposure override up to 2 stops
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Minolta X-700 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Minolta X-700

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Over-rated as a 'real' camera. Program mode suits...”

Written on: 31/12/2009

Over-rated as a 'real' camera. Program mode suits absolute beginners and that's about it. The supposedly inferior X500 is a far better camera (most informative finder I've seen in an SLR). I like Minoltas - their lenses are amongst the best and make it worthwhile buying into the system. If you're on a budget, the X300 is a fine 'entry level' camera. Higher spec. XD series (aperture AND shutter priority AE!) is very decent, and there's always the XE, built in collaboration with Leica, don't you… Read Full Review

“I loved the camera, but after I bought it I heard the...”

Written on: 06/05/2005 by gmcgrana (1 review written)

I loved the camera, but after I bought it I heard the shutters gave trouble and my X700 would eventually go the same way. I bought it new in 1993. I had it in Nepal, Pakistan, Iran and all over and it served me faithfully until 6 weeks ago at my sisters wedding the shutter jammed. I have several other troublesome Minolta bodies but as they were second hand I assumed that they had not been cared for!! Hence I was very disappointed as I had taken good care of the X700.
    Unfortunately I cannot… Read Full Review