Going for Gold Reviews

Going for Gold - Ask a question now

“Popular daytime quiz show hosted by genial broadcaster...”

Written on: 11/01/2007 by Anonymous101 (1 review written)

Popular daytime quiz show hosted by genial broadcaster Henry Kelly, this quiz threw together contestants from all over Europe as they battled for the prestigious Going for Gold crown. The questions came thick and fast as our masterful Irish host presided over proceedings. Going for Gold was on our screens for something like a decade between the mid-eighties and mid-nineties, it was a pure joy to behold and I for one miss it terribly. I can still picture Henry saying "who am I, what am I" as the… Read Full Review

Lee2008's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 01/02/2007

This was a brilliant quiz show, this show was on on weekday mornings, so young fans of this show like myself had to play truant from school for an hour to able to watch it!
<br/> I dont think my schooling suffered to much as a consequence of having to resort to this. I even used to pretent to be ill so i could stay off school, but my old Dad was a strict disciplinarian, he even took my straight to school once from the dentist, having just had two molars removed. As soon as he drove off, i turned round and headed for my nans house.

252776_Anonymous101's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 02/02/2007

Oh my days, your dad must be a old school "Victorian Dad" like mine.

Read 2 Comments