Kingston Communications www.karoo.co.uk Reviews

Kingston Communications www.karoo.co.uk - Ask a question now

“We wish that we had never had the lightstream...”

Written on: 10/09/2017 by jmMurray409 (1 review written)

We wish that we had never had the lightstream installed. The engineers made a complete hash of the installation & after having a "free" call out, we had to pay for a booster box. This did not improve the system one jolt and we are still unable to get a decent signal anywhere in the house apart from where the router is. However we are offered our neighbours systems all over our house!! We pay a fortune for the system & when I complained yet again, they will not sent an engineer out unless we pay about £125. It's a complete shambles & the customer service is non existent.

“Never experienced an ISP this bad!”

Written on: 26/01/2017 by 302Connell (1 review written)

This company is f'd if any competition ever enter Hull.

“Just worst ISP”

Written on: 05/01/2017 by Eddykcsucks (1 review written)

Don't go for it!!! It's a rip off for non existing services. Also do not upgrade. As the speed will get to the minimum anyway, the only thing you will get is the high bill anyway.

“Totally rubbish product and service for a rip off price.”

Written on: 29/11/2016 by zafone (1 review written)

My daughter has moved to hull to attend the university there , so i have subscribed KCOM broadband who have the monopoly in this area and they make good use of this as they charged extortionate price for a very substandard product and service. Surely this must be against the competition laws. I will never again complain about Virgin or BT. Its shame i could give them a minus rating. I feel sorry for their employees who are polite and understand what garbage of a product they have and to get anything sorted you have waits of up to 1 hr to get through this is not a one off occasion as we know as we call regularly.

“Terrible, daylight robbery. It's like going back in time.”

Written on: 27/11/2016 by RichGertrude (1 review written)

2.62 Mb/s connections speed at the moment. I had a quicker connection back in the nineties, this is absurd. I'm at my partners house in Hull tonight but I live in South Yorkshire. I pay £20 per month for a 152 Mb/s connection and get a constant minimum of 100 Mb/s. When are KC going to stop robbing the public of their money by selling them what is clearly a terrible and out of date service. I'm on the phone to them now to complain, I started in the queue for support at position 4815 minutes into the call and I'n only at position 36. Why on earth do my fellow Hullites put up with this ! I called them last night at 17:50 and the support team had all gone home. 17:50 on a saturday night and they just walk out of the office. THIS is what you are all paying for.

“unrelible”

Written on: 22/11/2016 by glacialviper (1 review written)

very poor speeds, usual verbal diarrhoea from customer service saying its router when the hardware I have is latest, read a few articles online about how poor it is and the extreme denial some of the "higher" staff about these reviews, they're legit.. KC is terrible and the reviews glowingly speak from experience as I have, unfortunately there isn't any competition, convenient for them isn't it? they're parasites and they're getting away with these poor services for hard earned money Hull really is a deprived area always on the end poo end of the stick, flip side the people here are great, can't say the same for KCs pr though.. always verbal diarrhoea

“Absolute Joke”

Written on: 19/11/2016 by 472McNally (1 review written)

What a load of rubbish....0.8 to 1.2mbs download speed at £40p/m.hello!!!!!!!! Rang up to get the usual bull about how they can't guarantee wireless speeds,well I'm sorry but it's all wireless nowdays but netherless I plugged in the ethernet cable as requested to get a proper reading,1.2mbs.Absolute garbage. Then told to try changing the router channel...went from 1 to 6 to 11 and then every other number.Still garage. 'Oh well your router is quote old now'....hello it's the one you sullied. Get better speeds from 3g and 4g. Total rip off

“Have always had good service”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by HaydenFuller (1 review written)

I find the reviews here very perplexing, in fact I doubt the legitimacy of many of them. .with the ADSL connection I always had good enough speeds for all the downloads necessary. With lightstream I have great speed at a great price. Remember when comparing prices make sure you are comparing like with like on speed and add ins such as line rental.

“Took for fools”

Written on: 19/10/2016 by Kaleigh256 (1 review written)

We are been completely ripped off in hull as the Internet service is rubbish,couldn't watch a film at weekend because of the buffering,waste of money,need to get other providers.

“Want my money back”

Written on: 02/10/2016 by mjTilley278 (1 review written)

Internet speeds of 0.12 download or less .. told it's going to take FOUR WEEKS to just move from one exchange to the other. I pay £50 a month for this rubbish. My patents have just as disgusting service as I do, except I think due to their age (they are 70) they are told it's their router to blame and so they need to pay to get a new router) Having che led it with mine .... it was NOT the router at all!

“worst company and customer service”

Written on: 27/09/2016 by Kasey402 (1 review written)

Poor internet for several weeks. Spent two hours last week trying to sort out slow and lack of broadband. Nothing over the weekend. Now have wires all over the hall to test speeds and access some service. They say could be the router, excuse me they provided the router!! Just dreadful and as a home worker this is too stressful. Kcom is useless.

“Utter JUNK”

Written on: 20/09/2016 by Kyleighv283 (1 review written)

How do they get away with such garbage they call 'broadband'!? two years ago we had 19mb download speed, over the two years it has dropped (as has the whole villages) to 10mb! Constant disconnections (3-10 a day!) They tell us we need Lightstream! my neighbour has lightstream 250mb download speed on a business plan, but they will NOT LET US HAVE IT!! They also say within the next two years they have no plans to offer Lightstream to private residences despite the fact it's in the village!!! PATHETIC!! We are seriously considering getting a 4G plan from EE or somebody, just to get away from the hideous KC! If I could give them a minus score I would! People with Virgin, BT, Cable etc think yourselves lucky!! we have to pay nearly double for what you get!!

“Total garbage”

Written on: 10/09/2016 by Magdalena446 (1 review written)

How long can they get away with this overpriced useless service . My internet connection seems to deteriorate week by week surely someone can do something about this overpriced snail paced service . Sorry KC but it's just not good enough the people of Hull deserve better . It's about time we got the service we pay for .

“Like dial-up but slower”

Written on: 30/08/2016 by SammySantiago (1 review written)

Been forced to be a customer for years due to their monopoly in the area. Consistently very slow speed. Incredibly frustrating. Tech support have no answers. If there was another provider available I would leave in a heartbeat. I actually get faster speed using 4G on my mobile device via EE.

“Constant disconnections and DSL down”

Written on: 18/08/2016 by BraedonStephenson (1 review written)

As title say - constant disconnections and DSL link down. Complain to Kcom every year and every year they said its my router / modem / pc. Without changing anything, but after complaints it goes back to normal connections yet I still have not changed any of my hardware or software. Isnt this obvious? Kcom robbing me of connection until I complain. Then next year will happen again.

“Just don't bother!”

Written on: 16/08/2016 by Joshuar84 (1 review written)

Kingston Communications are awful. They have a monopoly on the area and for that reason overcharge for a truly poor service. How their average rating is as high as 1.3 I do not know. Broadband is incredibly slow for the most part and, in my area, cuts out when the train lines go down! They are unable and/or unwilling to do anything about this, which clearly wouldn't be the case if they had any real direct competition, as everyone I speak to about them want an alternative. Shame KC.

“Hull Monopoly for broadband - awful and overpriced.”

Written on: 15/07/2016 by wilsr1 (4 reviews written)

I have no idea why Hull hasn't got competition, but having just moved into the area I am now paying £17 a month more for a lesser service! My advice is to AVOID moving into their "monopoly" area. At least I only have 11 months to suffer before I move away.

“KC(Karoo) offers a worst service than in a 3rd world...”

Written on: 25/05/2016 by ThaddeusHolden (1 review written)

Have had the service for 16 years now and during that time day after day week after week month after month year after year if has failed. I have spent a fortune on computers routers cables modems making sure my set up is the best ever. The problem is once 'connected' to the 4th world service that Kcom or karoo as it used to be called the trouble starts.Bascially you pay for 10MBS and are lucky to receive 2 mbs on a good day.The tech helpline always starts off by blaming your router computer cables etc.Well after all the checks 100% of the time is is the fault of KCom(Karoo).I have had their engineers down to fix their neverending problems many many times over the years. The problem with this company is it is run by idiots who know nothing about internet technology.They are so far behind now they have become a national joke for the slowest ISP in the country. I am sure they strive to acheive the wooden spoon year after year. Avoid like the black plague.Just run for the hills.Read a book instead or find a hobby if you like in Hull or he surrounding area. Please can review centre offer a rating less than 1 star.0 stars would be appropriate for this heap of scrap.

“Disconnection issues constantly, not on my end.”

Written on: 21/05/2016 by DeludedPlayer (2 reviews written)

Its on their end, absolutely terrible service I would not recommend this to anyone except my dearest enemy, and even then I'd have second thoughts - they say they provide a "maximum of 5mbps" (I don't even get that maximum of 5mpbs, most of my stuff downloads at a rate of 0.4kbps, so thats so fun)) in my area - 5mpbs? How stupid is that for the money you pay? There are areas in this country where you can get 20pmbs for half the price, this is absolutely pathetic and so unprofessional its not even funny. Normally, because I am quite close to the server host, I have 30-60ping (latency), nowadays I have up to 600, how ridiculous is that? that is 6 second delay on everything I click, impossible to play games, watch youtube videos or even browse the web! In conclusion, a better stable internet provider couldn't move to this area faster, they would make so much money and this company would sink into the sand faster than eating a hot bowl of soup holy. (PS: Had to remove about 4000000000084569089340890 "banned words")

“Terrible internet”

Written on: 20/05/2016 by 71Keene (1 review written)

Now had to call their technical support team twelve times over the last two days as my computer showed me connected but every time I went to a web page it would tell me I had no internet for the last two days all that can say is that the fault was with a port at the exchange, now that are saying it's the rooter and best what that now what to charge me for a rooter, karoo is just terrible