Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

4.3
  • Speed of response

• Customer service

Media Gallery for Rescue My Car Breakdown Cover - www.rescuemycar.com

“Good price and good service”

written by Chris468 on 04/06/2024

The website is easy to use and the annual cost is not too expensive.

“very reasonable price”

written by cvMcPherson338 on 18/05/2024

As I don't drive as much as I used to or the distances I needed a reasonably priced breakdown cover in case I did have a breakdown. Most of the other breakdown companies charged a great deal more than Rescue My Car. So for my requirements the price and cover is excellent value. I have already told many of my retired friends about Rescue My Car as many of them like me now retired do not travel the distances that we used to do. I am sure that they will be getting a quote when their breakdown cover is due for renewing. I am partly disabled and would have liked to know if there is priority given to disabled drivers.

“Fair service but poor email messages”

written by Lesliebl309 on 12/05/2024

Website is ok and works well. Renewal reminder offered me 10% discount but did not give it when applied to renew. There was no cut off date shown and should have offered and given discount.

“Superb Customer Service”

written by LoganBrady438 on 03/05/2024

It's a no brainer for me to renew my breakdown cover with Rescuemycar again. I actually can't believe how good they are. I've had to use the breakdown service several times over the last few years and the response on each occasion has been really efficient, hassle free,unusually brilliant service. It's quite rare these days, but they really are at the top of their game.

“Competitive priced multiple vehicles”

written by roadrover1 on 23/04/2024

I received my renewal which was competitive against other companies for 2 vehicle cover and the process was easy to complete online.Would be happy to recommend to any family and friends.Have not needed to use service so will update if this is required.

“Rescue my car”

written by MileyHarrington242 on 23/04/2024

Been with this company for a few years now,only used them 2 or 4 times but have always sorted my problems out

“Happy Bunny”

written by Kennedyp37 on 19/04/2024

I have been a member of Rescue my car for many years as far back as my motorcycling days and when I needed help they always responded very quickly and very professionally. My last call out was a puncture in pouring rain and late night but was dealt with quicker than the time given. This is a service you need behind you, but hope you do not have to use.

“Warning: You will be responsible for their parking fines”

written by jonchapple on 08/04/2024

I was issued with a £100 PCN (parking charge notice) after Rescuemycar.com recovered my car and decided to leave it overnight in a location where parking is prohibited. Rescuemycar.com have rejected my request to reimburse me for the cost of the parking fine, pointing to its general cover exclusions, which state that is not liable for charges incurred by companies other than those it authorises. This is despite the fact the parking fine was issued as a direct consequence of a decision made by its authorised recovery agent – a decision I would not have made myself, and one that could have easily been avoided by a) parking elsewhere, or b) purchasing additional parking time at the location where my vehicle was left. The company has confirmed to me that it is its official policy that, should it or one of its agents recover your vehicle and knowingly leave it parked illegally, the customer is the one responsible for resulting parking charge. I am currently seeking to recover my costs through the Financial Ombudsman service. So be careful: the breakdown cover might look like a bargain, but it could cost you more in the long run.

“Rescued me very quickly ”

written by Smuty on 03/04/2024

Had a burst tyre and was towed to a nearby garage who replaced whilst we waited good job

“FAST”

written by aviater on 29/03/2024

Could not start vehicle. called RMC and was told a mechanic be with me in about an hour. 10 mins later got a call from the guy who was 5 mins away. He sorted it and sent us away. Nice chap too. Call centre answered straight away, good. Did not promise the earth then fail, gave a reasonable time which was beaten easily. Can't really fault it.

“Policy renewal”

written by Jenniferj99 on 28/03/2024

I Have again renewed the rescue policy for my daughter as it give me peace of mind when she is travelling for work or pleasure

“So easy to deal with ”

written by PhilipShears on 15/03/2024

I am so happy with Rescue my car.So professional in dealing with breakdowns.

“Competitive Pricing”

written by BrisaRose on 28/02/2024

Before renewing I used a comparison tool and this was by far the best quote for the required cover. Significantly cheaper than better known breakdown companies. Have not spoken to the customer service team this year, but have previous contact has been very good (have renewed multiple times),.

“7.5 hours to a garage. 3.5 hours for them to turn up! ”

written by wqSilva128 on 25/02/2024

7.5 hours to a garage. 3.5 hours for them to turn up! Police attended after 35mins. Emergency status in Bangor N Wales. Caused 6 mile tailbacks. No faith in this bunch. I hear all are the same! Breakdown and likely cause to your pure misery.

“Equal of the big names”

written by jtchivers on 20/02/2024

I rarely leave reviews, but having had to rely on the service of Rescue My Car a couple of times over the last year or so, I've been impressed with the service and value for money. Most of the time, I rarely need recovery and hadn't done for a few years, but when you do need it, you want it to be good. Having been let down by one of the big names and found their costs prohibitively expensive, I decided to give Rescue My Car a go. Seemed like an especially good deal, including both my daughters and me on the policy and with European cover too, but I admit I was concerned about how things might play out in the event of needing recovery. I needn't have been. On both occasions, Rescue My Car delivered. Very impressed and happy to recommend.

“Efficient fast service”

written by on 12/02/2024

Very good staff in the call centre, breakdown arrived quickly and the operator was very helpful. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

“Happy”

written by Viviana1956 on 09/02/2024

I've never had to use the service, but feel happy that I would be treated well as I've got family members that are very ????

“Reliable breakdown service ”

written by Daniella378 on 05/02/2024

On the few times I’ve needed assistance, they have always been prompt. Driver’s are always courteous and obliging.

“Complications online”

written by Paul22202 on 26/01/2024

Going online to renew was not straightforward. Although my current policy had not expired it was not showing at all other than 'pending' which referred to the renewal aspect. Phone call was quickly answered and helpful but surely should not have been necessary? Then trying to work out if the auto renewal was on or off (which is what I wanted) was far from obvious. Seems a good value deal but have never needed the actual breakdown service. Hopefully it would be smoother running than I found the website. Woukd have liked a 'Rating' on the ease of using the website ie: poor.

“Fantastic service”

written by FEY58 on 18/01/2024

luckily I have only had to use Resucemycar once. you are always worried how well they will perform , I am glad to say they were excellent and their mechanic was very help, only had to wait 20 mins at a very time of night, Hope i never have to them again, but if I do at lest i know they work.

Asked by vierama on 18th April 2023 Report this content
do they cover for european cover also cars older than 16 years?

Asked by Orjan on 19th November 2016 Report this content
Will this cover include my wife?

Answers (2)
Report this content Tomainzy Written on: 23/11/2016
Do yourself a favour, drop these like a hot brick. Join the RAC.
Report this content bobosullivan Written on: 23/11/2016
The cover is for the vehicle so cover would be for anyone driving the vehicle
Asked by Dazslater007 on 10th June 2015 Report this content
Does it matter how many miles you have done to get the parts and labour in the breakdown cover price?

Answers (1)
Report this content Tomainzy Written on: 10/06/2015
When you take out the policy, they will normally ask the age & mileage of your Car anyway. So, they are already aware. However, ALWAYS read the 'Key Facts' & Small print. Better safe than sorry.