Admiral Car Insurance Reviews - www.admiral.com

Admiral Car Insurance - www.admiral.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Admiral Car Insurance - www.admiral.com

Admiral Car Insurance - www.admiral.com

“RUDE - WRONG - WASTE OF TIME - ”

written by PHILPICKLES on 29/11/2022

Cancelled a policy with them and they processed a refund. Thought that was the end of it how wrong i was, received a default on my credit file dated th 24th November 2022 from admiral, so i rang them and they stated i owed the £237.40 so i questioned the refund there words it was our mistake. So a letter arrives 29th November asking for payment this letter is the first communication with them dated the 24th November, the very day they put a default on my credit file DUE TO THERE MISTAKE BE VERY VERY CAREFUL

“"Sprat to catch a mackerel" - Tacit Renewal”

written by on 24/06/2022

Beware of this insurer, the only customer interest they have is in obtaining your Debit / Credit card details so that they can increase premiums and hope that you miss their increased renewal quote enabling them to implement their tacit renewal clause and take your money, if you question them about this the answer they give is that its done to protect the customer in the event that you forget to insure your vehicle, you try getting your money back!. Do not trust this company if you are a long term customer.

“avoid this company”

written by vladysmd on 04/03/2022

All was good until had to make a non-fault claim. They decided to write-off my car. Copart has collected the vehicle in 2 days, only after collection Admiral came back with "market value" offer which was in fact a "trade value". I'm working in motor industry for over 5 years and provided them valuations from CAP Hpi and AT Dealer Portal, platforms that are mostly used for underwriting vehicles in UK. They came back with a total increase of £300 which is still over £1000 below retail market value. I'm raising a complaint with Financial Ombudsman Service.

“well done”

written by jeffers9090 on 16/02/2022

i would like to thank all concerning my recent claim. .right from the start i felt welcome..i am sooo pleased i chose admiral t0 insure my car. i would strongly recomend to everyone...

Jeffers9090's Response to jeffers9090's Review

Written on: 17/02/2022

all good thank you all, regards

Read 1 Comment

“LittleBox Failure and False Claims”

written by on 04/12/2021

When taking out a policy for the first time, a black box (Admiral's LittleBox) can get the price down, in my case by £1700) though their boxes do NOT use the normal data that you would think of. Instead they use location it is parked in the day and at night, how many times you've stopped or braked (inner city queuing traffic triggers this one) and what time you drive. This was combined with me having to PROVE that I did not crash a car that did not leave the driveway... at all... for the entire duration the case went on for. Over that two month period, I had to send photos (that they lost), evidence from my college that I was a student and could not have been driving, apparently I should have taken the numberplate off my car, shown to CCTV, then replaced for that to be evidence and then a crash engineer had to come out to verify (this was nearing the third month). FINALLY I had to call 4 times to get them to write it off my insurance which they have refused to because I "am still more likely to crash now". Back to the black box, they will flag anything and everything possible... speed bumps? Red Flag. Driving at 4PM? Flagged. Music playing in the car? (They say they don't use this, but feedback told me to play low-tempo music and not rock) Red Flag. All of this makes it impossible to drive the car and they will not let me complain as they refuse responsibility.

“Avoid them”

written by Jack1979 on 07/02/2021

Disgusting company and I will never ever use these again! Increased my premium by £190 just because I got 3 points. I Was going to go elsewhere aswell as my new quotes were £100 cheaper but I couldn't be bothered and thought I'd stick with elephant and admiral and now it its costing me £300 more than if i'd of moved. £190 for 3 points.

“Refused non-fault claim, paid from my policy to one at...”

written by Nthl on 06/06/2019

I was found not at fault of accident after 2 years of investigating 30 sec video clearly showing how the accident happened. For over a year I was driving damaged car which later failed MOT. Admiral refused to repair my car both before and after it failed MOT. At the same time Admiral paid £4,250 from my policy for car rental to the driver which was found at 100% fault. I paid for repairs myself. At that time Admiral was pushing to settle claim with 50/50 liability split which I was declining. Admiral claimed that they did me a favor not asking me to pay my policy excess !!! while I paid for repairs to my car. Cost of repair of my car was estimated to be around £7,000.00 In summary - admiral paid from my policy to person which almost killed me and was found 100% liable of causing the accident and I (the victim) was told I'm not due any payment. Admiral found nothing wrong with such outcome.

“Irresponsible Insurer, dont go near them”

written by Juxster64 on 16/01/2019

My son crashed his car, they have been a joke of a company at the claims level, the most important part of the journey for the client. Car was badly damaged, he had to fight tooth and nail for a courtesy car, only to then be told on the day they wrote the car off, he had to give his courtesy car back, no offer made to him yet, no sign of an offer coming, so he can do nothing at all until they make the offer and complete the claim. He uses the car for work, so now has to walk an hour and half to work. He has had to contact them at every point except when they rang to re-take the courtesy car. No one he speaks to ever knows whats going on with his claim, he was given a claims handler but has never spoke to her. There are some good inusurers out there but Admiral are just rubbish and irresponsible. Never ever again!

“usless”

written by Annag288 on 17/08/2018

my car parked up and admiral customer crashed into on 7th june 2018 repaired but not properly we are still waiting for car to come back after numerous independent assessors and repairs we have paid for which they said the niose was coming from then found it wasn't noice from back drivers side which was hit they said it was coming from front had repair but sill noise admiral don't like to pay it seems I have been on phone constantly since the 7th june but they don't care just rang again today to be kept on hold for 20 min and then said they couldn't help and would ring back a phone call that I have been waiting for for 3 days please don't insure with them we are have problem and we are not insure with them going to ombudsman now see if they can help

“useless , unprofessional ”

written by jacenty79 on 16/04/2018

Description of the accident Friday 23.03.2018 on road Stinting Ln. Shirebrook My car Mazda 6 hit a dog (English bulldog ) running on the street WITHOUT A LEASH OR ANY ATTENTION. The owner of the dog (Dark Red Vauxhall Corsa ) was in the car at the time, she opened the door of her car, grabbed the dog and escaped from the place of accident. I got in the car to turn off the engine and turn on the emergency lights and then the owner of the dog escaped from the scene of the accident After a short investigation I found out where the wounded dog is : Vet address , Name of Dog owner , address dog owner even mobile phone I reported an accident to the police I contact my funny car insurance ADMIRAL I thought that I was lucky because the car behind me had a camera and everything was recorded Fortunately, I had a legal cover !!!!  EXACTLY -- ADMIRAL LEGAL COVER - its mistake , useless , unprofessional a group of people who should help and be on your side , unfortunately not in this company. They got all the details of the owner of the dog from me , number of report to police , they promised to take care of everything , they promised to refund costs incurred due to an accident , everything looked professional and in accordance with the purchased policy Unfortunately, it was not After watching the video of their unprofessional expert they said : I reviewed it with my manager yesterday and we were both of the opinion that it is unlikely that the collision with the dog has caused the extent of the damage to your vehicle Had the dog have caused this damage then I would have expected your vehicle to have run the dog over meaning that the dog would have ended up I have also reviewed the file this morning with our advocates here at Admiral Law that agree with our conclusion that it is unlikely that the dog would have caused the damage to your vehicle AND NOW THE MOST FUNNY CONCLUSION On review of the dashcam footage it appears as though there may be some potholes in a similar location to where your vehicle collided with the dog. ON FILM IT IS CLEAR WHAT HAPPEN (DASH CAM CAR FROM BEHIND MY CAR SO VIEW ITS PERFECT ) I thought it was a joke when I read this letter unfortunately it wasn’t joke

“dissapointing.”

written by mglockwood on 09/04/2018

Had a good quote for my first car and then had the big sell on insuring the house and a second car. The house quote was competitive so I took this out as well. Ten months later the second car came up for addition to the policy. Had a very difficult time trying to get a full price for the year but eventually I was told it would be around £350 pounds. Online quotes were £145+ including Admiral who quoted £280 on line. They then wanted to charge me £29 for not taking up the policy. I then thought I should check my other renewal prices. My first car Admiral quoted £460 on the phone, quotes online were around £260. The house insurance Admiral quoted £180 on the phone, online they quoted me £95. BUYER BEWARE!

“Would not recommend”

written by kjMcConnell387 on 01/04/2018

In November 2016 to 2017, I took out car insurance with Admiral. When nearing my renewal date I got many quotes for my insurance renewal. I found many cheaper options so I decided not to stay with Admiral. (When I originally took out the car insurance with admiral, I opted out of auto-renewal.) When I received more quotes from Admiral for renewal, I ignored them as I had insured my car with a different insurer. They sent many letters saying I owed them money for cancelling the insurance. Then they also began sending emails saying the same thing. I felt they were harrassing me, so I replied to an email asking them why they were harrassing me as I had no car insurance with them any longer as I had took out insurance with another provider. They did not reply to me, until I received a letter a few weeks later saying I owed them even more money and I needed to pay it now. I still don't know why they are asking for money. I wasn't on auto-renew. I did not renew my car insurance with them, therefore I do not need to cancel insurance at all. It seems just a sham to me, these big insurance companies seem to be able to treat ordinary people like dogs and also seem to get away with. They bully and harrass us, and yet still seem to be able to do whatever they want. Where is the fairness with companies like this? Why are thay allowed to get away with this sort of bullying and harrassment of ordinary people and not be held accountable for it? At the end of the day, we HAVE to insure our cars, so why is it such a minefield? It should be much more transparent so everyone knows why they are charged and what they are charged for. This would be much better for normal people.

“Auto Renewal ”

written by AidynGauthier on 11/03/2018

This company inflate the premium and hope you forget about you renewal date by sending an email 6 weeks before it is due. Once you auto renew at the inflated price your have no choice but to pay the increased amount. I did a price comparison and could have saved over £200 by switching.

“increased the premium without my knowledge. black box...”

written by ciprian10 on 12/02/2018

increased the premium without my knowledge. black box is a joke. stay away

“Renewal Quote Process ”

written by Mikeinho on 02/02/2018

Every single year, after completing yet another period of no claims, my initial renewal quote goes up. And every single year, I call them up, we do a merry little dance, and they end up reducing my renewal premium. It costs you money to take my call and have someone clack away at a keyboard for 10 minutes. Save yourself the bother. Stop wasting my time! Just quote me your best price and let's be done with these unnecessary conversations. Anything less is just an attempt to take my hard earned cash. Your staff are always great on the phone, but do we really need to do this over and over again? Come on Admiral... sort out this nonsense.

“Little box joke”

written by Jamesonu129 on 18/01/2018

How this company have been voted top car insurance provider is beyond me. My son of 17 has been insured with Admiral since October and was issued with an advisory in December that he needed to improve his performance. They use a Bronze, Silver and Gold scoring system and he was in the bronze segment for driving after 10 pm and not slowing down smoothly enough. We monitored his driving habit over the next 30 days and he was 27 days at gold and silver and 3 days at bronze. Admiral now wish to cancel his policy. When I phoned to discuss, they were totally useless and were not able to give a reasonable explanation telling me to organise alternative insurance. I have since heard similar experiences from other young drivers. Admiral should stick to insuring Miss Daisy and 40 year old plus drivers in 1.0 litre engine cars. Absolute disgrace and be advised not to go anywhere near this company.

“Great renewal price”

written by AbrahamElliott133 on 28/11/2017

I don't normally post reviews however I am very impressed with the service I have just received from Admiral. This is the first time i am renewing with them after holding a policy with them for a year. On renewing my policy they reduced my renewal quote by over £100 which was cheaper than any other quote I'd received for being a new customer with other companies. This is the first time I have received a cheaper quote when renewing a policy with any insurer in over 14 years. Thank you!

“No interest in the customer, expect you to chase them....”

written by Bowman253 on 26/10/2017

No interest in the customer, expect you to chase them. don't even send you documention, lousy reminders, unhelpful at every turn. Website awkward to navigate. Do your homework and go elsewhere, there's plenty of reputable company's out there.Avoid like the plague.

“rude, any excuse to avoid payment”

written by Armanio89 on 17/10/2017

horrendous service throughout claim. Harassed continually by calls despite many requests to use email due to work. complaints made continually but poor response. would never use again.

“unfair renewal policy”

written by qxGuzman360 on 07/10/2017

I recently went to renew my Motor insurance policy. I have protected No claims protection. I requested a quote 6 weeks ago and my quote was for £262.00 for a standard no fills policy. I accepted the quote and attempted to pay for the policy. The online app came back with an error please contact call center !! When i got through to an agent, I was told that I had given them all the required information regards my driving claims. He told me I had a claim 2 weeks prior which I had not included. I said that it was a no fault claim so wasn't a claim. He said it had to be included. After me arguing the fact that it was a no fault claim he said he would need to revise my quote. The new quote came back at £ 780.00. I asked how can a protected policy quote almost treble in price for one claim ? The agent said we don't recognize no claims on renewal quotes. How can an insurance company of Admirals size think this is a fair practice. I won't be using Admiral insurance ever again.

Asked by Ciaran2612 on 2nd January 2018 Report this content
Can anyone help me please. Little black box has estimated my mileage at 5000 miles annually. However, I have drove 1,200 miles since box got installed in August. My policy is for 2000 miles. I didn't realise the miles were so low on my policy. Does anyone know how much top up miles are for per 1000 miles? Also, what happens if I go over my annual miles. From all the negative reviews I assume there will be a high cost to purchase top up miles. I appreciate any answers.

Asked by ferno on 23rd June 2016 Report this content
What are they like when dealing with a claim specially high value sports cars?

Answers (3)
Report this content MikeAChap Written on: 24/06/2016
As I don't have a high value sports I can only give you my experience dealing with Admiral with a claim. They made it very easy to do everything over the phone. No long and complicated forms to fill. We've had to make three claims in the last few month. One accident and two windscreens. On each occasion Admiral where just brilliant.
Report this content Sambora79 Written on: 24/06/2016
I would debate that. For a non-fault claim I made when insured with Admiral it took 18 months to get the settlement. The value of the car was £650 so I'd recommend looking elsewhere, especially with a high value vehicle. I was left with no car seat for my at the time 1 year old daughter, her pram was trashed because it was in the boot (rear collision, no brake attempt made), the loan car was taken from me after just 4 days despite having not yet received payment for the loss of my car then they deducted £150 as compulsory excess so only actually got £500 back from the £650 I had paid 2 months prior to the accident. Their market values are a lot less than others insurers so please shop around. They may be cheaper than others but their services are slow and quite frankly amateur
Report this content Hollybugs21 Written on: 25/06/2016
As I have never made a claim cannot comment but I think I would look elsewhere for insurance especially since the value is high.
Asked by weecarol on 24th August 2015 Report this content
I may cancel my van insurance after four days of buying the insurance. I know I have to pay an admin fee, but would you know how much I will be refunded? I paid £155 for the year.

Answers (1)
Report this content jfrsr Written on: 25/08/2015
it all depends on the cancellation fee. however they should only charge you pro-rata for the time you have been insured, plus the cancellation fee. it is worth bearing in mind though that they may not refund any optional upgrades you have with your policy like breakdown cover etc. you can work it out roughly by taking the £155 premium, dividing it by 365 (giving you the daily cost of your cover = 42p (roughly)) and then times that by the number of days you have been insured - take this away from the £155 premium you originally paid, and this will give you the remaining pro-rata refund you should be due for the unused cover. hope this helps!