Canon A1 Reviews

Canon A1 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon A1

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I have had my Canon A1 for around 25 years I have...”

Written on: 02/03/2008 by Billy Moffet (1 review written)

I have had my Canon A1 for around 25 years I have always loved using it and it has never let me down. When I purchased it, it was expensive and as an amateur I couldn't really justify the cost. Now 25 years later the initial outlay is justified at around £0.60 per year. You can't even buy a decent newspaper for that!
A classic that is still going strong and I prefer the A1 to my digital… Read Full Review

“The Canon A1 is a superb conventional 35mm camera.”

Written on: 15/06/2007 by jmrackowe (15 reviews written)

The Canon A1 is a superb conventional 35mm camera… Read Full Review

“I purchased a Canon A1 this summer when I was...”

Written on: 10/11/2003 by basebleed (1 review written)

I purchased a Canon A1 this summer when I was deploying to Iraq with the U.S. Army. I Have an EOS Rebel 2000, but on previous trips to the desert I have seen Auto Focus systems fail because of sand and rough conditions. I don't agree that this is a delicate camera. it survived a 300 mile road march being bounced around in a humvee. The sand was terrible and we hit bumps that bounced my head off the ceiling. The camera was being stored in a .50 cal ammo can and must have taken a good pounding… Read Full Review

“The Cannon A1 is a great camera for general...”

Written on: 08/09/2003 by oniko (35 reviews written)

The Cannon A1 is a great camera for general photography.you have AV for landscapes. TV for sports and movement. full manual that you can see and control in the viewfinder. as well as programme that your pet cat could use. it uses the same lenses that the F1N and AE-1 use, and look how many of those cameras are still giving great service.
its able to take a huge range of cheap s/hand lens and runs on a cheap 6 volt battery.
it has metal in the body and guts of it, not lots and lots of… Read Full Review

Oniko's Response to oniko's Review

Written on: 09/10/2003

oniko here,i have just brought a second s/hand body to go with my first one.
<br>
<br>its nice to be able to read your exposures in low light with its red lcd's.

Read 1 Comment

“THE CANON A1 IS THE BEST MANUAL SLR CAMERA EVER PRODUCED”

Written on: 09/01/2002 by JANE. (1 review written)

THE CANON A1 IS THE BEST MANUAL SLR CAMERA EVER PRODUCED… Read Full Review

42550_Jon.'s Response to 8960_JANE.'s Review

Written on: 08/10/2002

Hey- I like your review of the Canon A1, and I cannot agree more. I am a beginner to photography, and was given the A1 from my father as a beginners gift. I am looking for a flash that would best suit this camera and the pictures it takes. Please tell me which flash you would recommend for a beginner.
<br>
<br>Thanks-
<br>Jon

Ieuanfawr's Response to 8960_JANE.'s Review

Written on: 17/05/2006

Ideally you need the 199 Speedlite, but I expect they're hard to find now.

Jm Xu.'s Response to 8960_JANE.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2003

In 1986 I bought my Canon A1. A1 is a nice camera. I used it for near 17 years, but it runs very well now. I love A1 for ever!

51049_Jaye.'s Response to 8960_JANE.'s Review

Written on: 14/11/2002

Great review. I just recieved my Canon A1. I own a AE-1, which is a wonderful camera. I love it, and the picture quality is "superb". I am a Nikon_guy, who is falling for Canons, hmmmm. I know that the A1, is got to be top of the line, which it is. A great camera.

Read 4 Comments