Etihad Airlines Reviews

• Quality of food

Etihad Airlines - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Etihad Airlines

Etihad Airlines

“Lost our bag and got food poisoning”

Written on: 12/02/2018 by Missnix66 (3 reviews written)

They have failed to respond to requests for compensation for the loss of our climbing equipment. We lost around 1500£ of equipment in one case. They have been very clandestine and dismissive. On top of that on the return flight I got salmonella poisoning.

“Flight from Munich to Abu Dhabi”

Written on: 02/11/2017 by McLaughlinrv328 (1 review written)

This was a good flight in Business Class. Food was good. Personnel was quite good as well.

“worse airline flown”

Written on: 28/07/2016 by PaulaSanders24 (1 review written)

I had a terrible experience with Etihad coming from new York - they cancelled their flight due to technical issues, but then lets 300 passengers with no idea on what to do: no communication, errors in flights transfers, no transport to temp accommodation, rude staff at JFK - in the end, I had to go back to emirates who gave me helped me sort out a flight back. mismanagement, disregard for people - esp. the elderly and people with children - never seen an airline act like that.

“Customer service dreadful”

Written on: 26/07/2016

Flew London to Colombo Business class. Lounge at Heathrow very pleasant staff very friendly and helpful, food presentation was good. The seat on the A380 was good. Flight crew on the flight from London to Abu Dhabi were friendly however I felt that they needed more, Business class was full I think 70 people. Before take-off was asked what drink I would like after take-off and want time I would like to eat. The service was very slow. Was not serviced a drink until 90 minutes after take-off and dinner was nearly 2 hours later than the time I requested. What is the point in asking if you can’t supply as requested. Arrived in Colombo But suite case did not. Etihad had staff milling around with a list of passengers whose cases had not arrived. My name not on list, had to que to fill in forms, after about an hour I was told my case was still in Abu Dhabi but would be flown out on the afternoon flight and would be delivered late afternoon. Was given a receipt with contact number. Case did not arrive on the Friday evening. The number given was only contactable 8am to 4.30 pm. Saturday office was closed. Tried to contact Etihad offices in Colombo Saturday morning, only open to 12.30 and closed Sunday. No one picked up the phone. The hotel were very kind and said they would try to assist. Finally got a call Saturday evening to say case had arrived at airport. This was delivered early hours of Sunday morning I sent an email complaint to Etihad through their website on the Saturday and to date 10 days later still have not received any response. Only an automated one to say someone would get back to me, sent a chaser email and still no response. On my return complained to check in staff and was passed to a supervisor who said he would ensure I got a response and was given 45 pounds. But still no response It’s clear once you have paid for your ticket they could not give a dam about customer service. I think they must have paid for the 2016 award. The Etihad Experience A remarkable journey, yes it was, but one I do not wish to repeat

“Cabin luggage ”

Written on: 29/06/2016 by Aliiftekar (1 review written)

I have a set of Delsey luggage and I take them anytime I travel abroad without any problems. But in Etihad they found my hand carry luggage is oversized and I have to check in as extra luggage. I paid $300 extra for a 7lbs hand luggage. Disgusting, I'll never travel with them at all. Beware they are robbing you.

“Comfortable flight”

Written on: 02/05/2016 by zuO'Reilly461 (1 review written)

Flight from Moscow to Abu Dhabi was comfortable, on time. Cabin crew were very nice and smiling. Food and drinks were tasty. Also alcohol was served. E-box system is a nice feature, which helps relax and calm down. I will recommend my friends this airline.

“Avoid this airline”

Written on: 26/04/2016

Check in and flights all on time. Service on board was terrible staff were rude if you asked for anything. Not at all value for money. My teenage son did not eat for 10 hours as food was disgusting.

“extra baggage”

Written on: 08/12/2015 by imsyser (1 review written)

as an airline it pretty much compares good but not necessarily better than any other. I did buy my ticket through an agency and that seems to complicate things as you cannot do any changes other than through them and this becomes the expensive part other than when away you cannot seem to access certain priviledges like buying extra baggage since the website doesn't allow this and when your agent also tries, this after numerous overseas calls you are running even high costs since the last resort happens at the airline at almost double the costs!!! this is not only unfair to the client but costly and since you are requested to try and claim back costs ( when their systems were down or so they say) no one responds and the agent claims they will only deal with client. now what to do and they claim top 3 / 5 in the industry.

“ETIHAD Food”

Written on: 13/11/2015 by RRMAC (3 reviews written)

I have recently flown 4 flights with ETIHAD, Edinburgh to Hong Kong via Abu Dhabi and return to Edinburgh. The food on all 4 flights was very poor quality and on 2 occasions uneatable. On 2 of the flights there was no choice of main meal i.e take it or leave it since that is all that is left. I have flown with many other airlines and never encountered such poor food. ETIHAD food makes Macdonalds seem like 5 Star. If you must fly ETIHAD take a packed lunch!

“ETIHAD Food”

Written on: 13/11/2015 by RRMAC (3 reviews written)

“Worst Airline Ever”

Written on: 31/10/2015 by Janiah454 (1 review written)

I chose Etihad for a round trip flight from New York to Abu Dhabi due to it being the best price option - big mistake. I've flown on at least 20 airlines in my life and Etihad was by far the most uncomfortable experience ever. The seats are as hard as a park bench, and I spend the entire flight squirming as my back throbbed from sitting in the seat. As a petite female, I don't need much room but I was crammed in my tiny hard seat. During the flight, I couldn't even get to my carry on bag under the seat in front of me because there was not enough room to reach it. My expectations for airplane food are extremely low, but this food was straight up disgusting. On the way to Abu Dhabi, they served two meals, both Indian curry. It was totally disgusting and stunk up the plane for the entire flight. I requested a special meal on the way back, which was inedible except for the candy bar, then endured another round of curry for the second meal. The bathrooms were disgusting and it was clear that no one on staff was monitoring them at all during the flight. The only positive of this experience was the inflight entertainment. They had a good selection of movies and tv shows to somewhat distract you from the tube of hell you're strapped into for 13 hours. If this were a short flight, it would have been more tolerable, but it's very clear that Etihad does not have their game together when it comes to long haul travel. I'll never fly this airline again.

“Etihad - very poor”

Written on: 09/09/2015 by mkSims16 (1 review written)

Desk staff at check-in were very rude - we were a few kts over our baggage allowance...the lady smiled and said "it's all about the money, sir" and tried to charge us £50 for each kilo over the allowance! The duty manager was little better - he told us to go to a desk to ask for a solution that he knew was unavailable. He said to return and ask for him when we had an answer - in the meantime he left the check in area! Etihad check-in staff has a complete lack of respect, fairness and customer focus. The seat on the flight was a good size and the entertainment system was very good compare to other airlines. The whole flight experience was spoilt by the first contact with Etihad check-in staff. I would avoid using this airline based on this experience.

“worse airlines ever”

Written on: 18/07/2015 by Reynolds25 (1 review written)

you are the worst airlines ever.... you sell reserved seats for higher price and you make travelers suffer in the airport waiting for next day or day after flight... I believe you are bad and cheap airlines and any other airline is better then you.... please challenge me to give you more details on how miserable you are!!!!!!!!

“The worst airliner ever. They cheated me”

Written on: 28/06/2015 by 105Crabtree (1 review written)

Back in April, wanted to book a ticket for my brother from Cairo to Hong Kong. I came across Etihad (have never heard about it before then). It was my first time to do business with this airliner. With good faith, I book a return ticket for my younger brother to visit me in Hong Kong. He lives in Alexandria/Egypt. He was supposed to be travelling On Friday 19th June from Cairo to Hong Kong where I have been preparing and getting ready for his arrival. He didn't sleep at all Thursday night as he was excited. He took a taxi from Alexandria to Cairo more than three and a half hours. He left Alexandra at 7am and arrived at Cairo airport at around 10:45 am. His flight was scheduled at 1:30 pm. When he got to the check-in counter, they refused to check him in saying that he was required to obtain a letter form an immigration office somewhere in Cairo and just told him there was no way and he should go back home!!! What a shame!! They have been sending us email almost every day begging us to upgrade to a business class. They have NEVER told us anything about such weird regulation. I called them all the way from Hong Kong but they refused to talk to me. I called their UAE hotline and they gave me no details. They put me on hold for 20 minutes and after that told me a manager would be calling me in an hour. After 4 hours nobody has ever called me. I called them again and again till I gave up. I became tired. They only contacted me when I posted my story on their Facebook page. After long wait they came back telling me that the check-in was denied due to incomplete document (what a lie). That was NOT true as everything was furnished with care. They said there was an article published in a newspaper in Cairo back in March stating that people traveling to Hong Kong for the first time should have an approval letter from the immigration in Egypt. My God, they risk peoples travel plans depending on an article in a newspaper. I asked them to email me a copy of the newspaper. They never came back to me and never emailed me anything. I called them again and was answered buy a bloody customer service associate who only know how to prove a customer is the one to blame and that they were always perfect. She was so rude. At that time I did some research on the internet and foud out scores of other victims. Tens of them lost their luggage for several months and never got them back. They never got any assistance nor compensation. The airliner employees ignored them until passengers gave up. Finally I asked them what could be done. They said an approval letter is required and it could be obtained at somewhere in Cairo. I sent my poor younger brother to the address they gave me and their was the SURPRISE. The officer told him they have given no such instructions to the airliner regarding travellers to Hong Kong. The officer-in-charge told my brother they is no such letter and he is free to travel. After long wait, their a guest relation officer sent my an inept email only telling me that his company is not liable for anything and that we are liable for everything. I asked him to email me a copy of the instructions given to them by the authorities in Egypt that people travelling to Hong Kong for the first time are required to have an approval letter, they didn't acknowledge ,my email and never replied to me. I believe they don't have any instructions. How could they depend on rumors in the newspapers or whatever?? That's devastating. Now they want me to pay for a new ticket. Be careful of those scammers. Don't risk you travels with those shameless rude swindlers. They shamelessly blocked me and deleted my posts on their Facebook page and sent an email to ma telling me that my case is closed and that they will never respond to me.

“no customer service”

Written on: 16/05/2015 by Hadassahp361 (1 review written)

I have flown them 3 times. All flights were delayed. Airport check in is the best part. Very efficient and friendly. Cabins are cramped with business class seats lie flat but short and not cushioned well. Food is average at best with drinks clearly below average. I have never been first class but business class drinks are cheap and below average quality compared to other airlines. Customer service after flights is non existent. I did not receive all my miles for flight and it is over 3 months since flying. I have sent several emails with poor responses. One response sent 3 months after stated miles were credited. When I showed the statement it they clearly were not.

“No Food while you travle for 22 hours”

Written on: 12/05/2015 by Brynn131 (1 review written)

Hello I booked a ticket for my mother thinking that this is good airline and she will be comfortable with her flight. NOthing to my imgination she was treated trible and not even given food. First i book my mothers ticket from Mumbai to Washington Dulles airport USA 2 months in advance and with Etihad they gave me option to select the seat. My mother was just operated in december 2014 and she was travelling in 4 months of her surgery. So i booked her isle seat on the right that way she can keep her left leg streched if needed. while at the checkin counter the etihad representavinve changed her seat for the long 14 hours flight and she had to travell in th emiddle seat. This was tribble for her. When she realiszeed that her seat was changed she went back to counter and the person did not take her request and asked her to make the arrangements in abu Dhabhi. Now at Abu Dhabhi she was not given her requested seat. When contacted the customer service they said we only reserve seat but at any time can take the seat away and not honor it. This is riduculous. Why give an option if you are not going to honor your own word? While traveling back I called the call center repetativetly to make sure she has poper wheel chair access, veg Jain meal and her requested seats as mentioned in itinary. Now this time they gave her wheel chair and seats but did not give her proper food. So are you expecting us to fly wihtout food for 14 hours? She is strict vegiterian Jain and will not eat anything other then that. After making all these request and arrangements months in advance Etihad cannot proviede service this is ridicluous. I am annoyed and will not suggest anyone to travel in this airline. They have no call center to register complain and they only ask you to email to which they reply at their own convinience ( which i felt like weeks after the pain). Hate the service Hate the Airline. Please do not travel untill unless you want to suffer...

“Young Airlines with great potentials - Needs improvements”

Written on: 08/05/2015 by Paramesh (1 review written)

I flew from San Francisco to Abu Dhabi and then to Kathmandu. Then back from Kathmandu to Abu Dhabi. flight got delayed and missed. They were kind enough to fit me in flight to Los Angeles next morning and provided with voucher to spend a night at the airport hotel. I upgraded my ticket to Business class from SFO to KTM. Compare to other international airlines, their service is poor in business class standard. It took hour and half to get my drink after plane took off from the ground in Business class - KTM To ABU. On the way back, I decided to try Economy class from Abu Dhabi to USA and found out it was the most horrible flight experience I had in the past twenty six years flying back and forth from USA to other countries. Ok, let me make it clear, it was all about flight attendants. Sixteen hours of journey itself is not that easy. One needs to be hydrated constantly to keep with the long journey. However, attendants treated passengers like they are looking for free food and handouts. It was the most pathetic scene. If they can not provide "free" food or drinks, how about selling? I think the management in Etihad Airlines is extremely poor and I would be hesitant to fly agin.

“The worst travel experience in my life”

Written on: 25/03/2015

We had transit flight from moscow to colombo via abu dabi. Despite the fact the first flight arrived on time, we're were not put to the second flight with no reason explained. Next flight was in 24 hours. Etihad transfer service desk managers promised to provide visas and hotel, took nesseasary papers for visas and asked to come back in 5 hours to check if the visas are ready. After 5 hours, they said come back again after another 5 hours. Still, 40 passengers are in the airport, without visas and place to sleep. It's almost 12 hours after arrival to abu dabi.

“awful experience”

Written on: 03/03/2015 by maxie187 (1 review written)

We flew from Sydney to manchester. Ok so we're in economy but I have had better seats on short haul flights - very uncomfortable. The cabin was freezing it was like being in a flying fridge! Complained to staff but made no difference. Food awful. Never again with etihad.

“Worst company!!!”

Written on: 18/02/2015 by Stanislav_Shir (1 review written)

I am a diplomat of the Russian Embassy in Jakarta. I have been robbed on board of the flight heading from Jakarta to Abu-Dhabi on January 23,2015!!! Irresponsible staff didn't take any measures. Didn't call to police or ground service. Measures have not been taken, careless attitude to their job! No any guarantees that your safety on board of the aircraft will be provided! Management tried to discard my case, refused to take any actions or measures. I had no other way except to go to police to put in an application for official investigation. Three such cases were registered on boards of Etihad aircrafts at the same week on the total sum of about 70 000 U.S. dollars. Will struggle for compensation from Etihad!