Cooke & Co Estate Agents Reviews - www.cookeandco.com

Cooke and Co Estate Agents - www.cookeandco.com - Ask a question now

“Unsavoury characters - not to be trusted”

Written on: 19/05/2017 by Herndonad184 (1 review written)

I have had very unpleasant dealings with the owner of this company and one of the female members of staff in Margate. I've never come across more unpleasant and unprofessional people in my life. Not to be trusted. I am really surprised they have been open for as long as they have but I suspect underhand tactics have played a large part in this, preying on vulnerable low income tenants in my experience. They have recently started trying to improve their reviews by getting all the employees… Read Full Review

“Poor service”

Written on: 18/04/2015 by Knight193 (1 review written)

Twice I have politely left a voicemail asking if they would remove a lettings board from a property which was rented over 8 weeks ago. It's still there, even though the first message was 3 weeks ago. Had previous dealings with the business regarding a property and it was okay, but we won't be dealing with them again. Shame, but if you can't get the simple things right... … Read Full Review

“Friendly staff”

Written on: 13/10/2012

I went into Cooke & Co to see what properties were avialble to rent and they were all very helpful and friendly towards me, there seemed to be a very good office atmosphere and were accomodating when wanting to view. Thumbs up to cooke & co...one of the better agents in northdown road… Read Full Review

“Treated Like an individual”

Written on: 28/09/2012 by boardman99 (2 reviews written)

I have recently had the pleasure of dealing with Cooke & Co in Cliftonville. The owner Damien Cooke valued my property and was understanding and seemed to really care about us . This is only the second time we have moved and we are moving away to be close to family. His value was in the middle of the two other agents but the fee they wanted to charge was cheaper and we would not have to pay for photos like one agent wanted us to. We had three agents out but Mr Cooke's approach was so much… Read Full Review

Damiencooke1's Response to boardman99's Review

Written on: 29/09/2012

Thank you very much. We are pleased to have been able to help

“Rude and incompetent”

Written on: 18/09/2012

I am looking for an investment property as a cash buyer resulting in my first contact with this company, it is, I hope, definitely the last. I emailed our interest in a property for sale but after no response, called two days later. They were "just about to deal with it" when I rang. I was told that they need to give the tenants 48 hours notice of a viewing and they would telephone as soon as they could arrange an appointment. I was asked if I would like details sending out and confirmed that I… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2012

My name is Damien Cooke and I am the owner of Cooke & Co estate agents. I remember this call , it was last week on Tuesday. A lay phoned up to say she had emailed wanting to view a seafront property. It was through a third party site And we do get a lot of these daily. The property in question is hard to view because it requires 48 hours notice. Unfortunately we did not call the lady back to tell her this and this was our error. When the lady called and spoke to us she was aggressive and rude to my female negotiator Vicki. In the end even after apologising the lady was still angry and would not accept any explanation or apology. Vicki is a very pleasant person and would not have been rude. She did though have to end the call due to this ladies rudeness. When I returned to the office I immediately telephoned her to apologise and try to arrange the appointment. This lady one again was rude this time to me and although I apologised several times to her she would not accept it, i even asked what she wanted me to do but she remained unmoved on her angry and rude stance. Therefore I told her that we no longer want to do business with her. I do say the customer is always right until they are rude. We want to sell clients houses but neither myself or my staff should have to deal with rude unreasonable clients.

Read 1 Comment

“'Rude', 'Aggressive' and 'Bullying' ”

Written on: 10/09/2012

Seems a familiar pattern: the reviews talk of both rude and aggressive manner from Damien Cooke and the terrible service and Damien Cooke replies (paraphrasing I admit) 'It's your fault'. I have had experience of this also and it is far too long to go into here bvut I am sure Damien Cooke will reply that we all have an axe to grind. And we do. We have received apalling service from someone in the service industery. Yes, I too have been on the end of that 'bullying' and 'agressive' attitude but… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2012

My name is Damien Cooke the owner of Cooke and Co.

I take time to look at all reviews for my company and enjoy it when my three offices get countless thank you cards and repeat business.

For the record I am 41 and Cooke & Co was founded in 1992, 20 years ago this year.

When a customer complains I do try and resolve the issue in a reasonable and fair manner taking into account the customers feelings and position. If I don't know about. Problem I can't help

I have no axe to grind with any reasonable person. i am surprised at this person as they were buying a house a long time ago but don't outline what the problem actually was. I cannot see how I can bully someone to buy a house. In the real world his simply would not happen. We pride ourselves in not using such tactics.

We are proud members of governing bodies such as the national association of estate agents and abide by there codes of conduct. We advertise this fact strongly. In addition one has to remember that this association is joined, costs us money, is voluntary but makes us accountable.

We don't push people into giving us reviews but we are starting to tell clients about this page.

We have been in Thanet for 20 years through good and bad times, we are still trading successfully when other have not been so fortunate with lots of repeat business from happy customers.

We will always accept mistakes and apologise when we make them. If we can't solve an issue we direct clients to our member schemes for an independent viewpoint. This has happened 5 times in 20 years. We were held accountable twice foe errors we made and resolved the issues on both occasions. This is not the actions of an owner who takes customers for granted.

Finally I will say that we will always try and help and love to deal with fair and reasonable people, I will not accept aggressive or rude behaviour towards my staff or myself and will defend them if this happens.

Finally I don't enter into wars but will always look at situations on an individual basis and try to resolve them fairly even if this men's financial cost to me. I don't do wars.

Read 1 Comment

“Looking after my property”

Written on: 13/08/2012 by peterjonesinvestments (1 review written)

I am so pleased to have found Cooke & Co Letting Agents. The staff are both professional and hard working having looked after 40 of my properties in the Thanet area for over 10 years in a very challenging location. Tenants often do not want to pay rent even though my properties are in excellent order but through their use of guarentors and rent guarentee they secure the rent for me. Also their inventories are thorough and this prevents tenants leaving the property in bad order. Well done Cooke… Read Full Review

Damiencooke1's Response to peterjonesinvestments's Review

Written on: 01/09/2012

My name is Damien Cooke and I am the owner of Cooke & Co.
Thank you for this review. We are so pleased to help clients and give a good service to all

Read 1 Comment

“Rude and what I consider bullying.”

Written on: 05/03/2012

I don't have much to say except for this: these people are the last that you want to deal with. Let's say a 'friend' is staying at a property of theirs, they have in my opinion overpriced the rent by around £75-100, but the point here the problems start is when you try to speak to them. This friend spoke to them to discuss a renewal of the tenancy, my friend went to discuss a cheque that had been passed to one of their agents and ended up in a heated argument with non other than what claimed… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/09/2012

My name is Damien Cooke and I am the owner of Cooke & Co. I am suprised at the contents of this review. We do not take cheques as rental payment and have not done so for 5 years. This is made clear to all tenants and is also put in writing. It is not at management or staff discresion.

Read 1 Comment

“I submitted an offer on a property with Cook and Co...”

Written on: 16/10/2006 by rootbeeruk (1 review written)

I submitted an offer on a property with Cook and Co Estate Agents on 12/09/06. According to the Ombudsman's rules they're supposed to pass it on to the vendor ASAP, like, within 2 hours.

Cooke didn't get back to me until 2 days later (14/09/06). And even then it was just to refuse to put my offer forward UNTIL I disclosed my financial arrangements to them! The sheer cheek of it!

Not good!… Read Full Review

Damiencooke1's Response to rootbeeruk's Review

Written on: 01/09/2012

My name is Damien Cooke and I am the owner of Cooke & Co. I am sorry if you feel you were treated unfairly but we have a duty of care to our vendors and follow their instuctions. In this case the vendor wanted prrof of funds before considering offers. Please dont shoot the messenger