IMS Lettings Reviews

IMS Lettings - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for IMS Lettings

IMS Lettings

“Terrible, Money grabbing, Awful agency BEWARE!!!”

Written on: 23/06/2016 by pkThornton1993 (1 review written)

They seem proffessional as a company but its all pretend. When you have a problem they take their time to respond IF they respond. They lie about the area so they get the sale. They never told me that the property next door is rehab center that houses the patients there. So in the end as a young single lady living on her own there was always a group of men next door who came in and out all the time everyday at all hours of the day. I felt very unsecure and uncomfortable. We also shared an… Read Full Review

“ims worse agency”

Written on: 23/02/2016 by 182Reese (1 review written)

Ims is the worse lettings agency I've been with. 1st of all, the house was messy and dirty when I moved in. The day before leaving they went in my property with out consent!! I called them up to question which they denied. Then when I got the police involved they said they had gone in but because I left the back door open. I said why didn't you call me?! If my back door was open and it was that urgent you had to go in, why did you never call so I can check my belongings?! Which they never… Read Full Review

“Highly recommend ”

Written on: 19/02/2016 by Brittany480 (1 review written)

I rented from ims since August 2014 until now they do things top standard check the property regular I havnt had no problems as long as you keep the property clean no damage you don't get any problems I got my 1600 bond back in days if ever I needed another property I wouldnt hesitate to go back to ims thank you to all at ims… Read Full Review

“Worst customer service I have ever experienced ”

Written on: 11/11/2015 by Superclark (1 review written)

Where to start. I rented a property for 6 months during which time I went without hot water and heating for 2 weeks due to IMS failing to contact the landlord. After my tenancy ended I had to wait 3 months to hear about my deposit. Which was via email and informing me it was not the full amount. A further email was received with a list of issues with the property which were frankly laughable. I seriously doubt whether the property was ever inspected as the staff had left all the lights on… Read Full Review

“IMS? Ignorant Moneygrabbing ?”

Written on: 30/07/2015 by MissMagic87 (2 reviews written)

Me and my partner moved into a property let by IMS in October 2011 and for the first few weeks, all was well. However, soon after this, small problems and issues with the house started to creep up. Having gained the contact number for our Landlady, who herself gave us her number on the day we moved in - we contacted her directly about these “small” issues and was pleased when she promptly sent her partner, who was a builder by trade, round to sort these out. Shortly after these problems… Read Full Review

Harveywallis's Response to MissMagic87's Review

Written on: 09/08/2015

I'm sorry but how is this the company's fault? They are correct, nothing can be done without permission from a landlord/landlady. Surely your anger should be pointed in the direction of the owners of the house and not the managing agents? No letting agent can send out contractors to complete work without prior consent from those footing the bill in the end. I'm sure if you were the landlady you wouldn't be very happy about a surprise bill for work you could probably do yourself.

“Renter Beware”

Written on: 26/06/2015 by ydTennant468 (1 review written)

I had a terrible experience with IMS lettings and I feel I must make others aware. I rented with them for just over four years and I must say they were excellent, however the problems began when leaving in that they seem to try any little trick in the book for them to hold onto your deposit. After spending a few days thoroughly cleaning the property, it was immaculate (I know everyone says that but it really was), the young man turned up to do the inspection. He had a thorough look around… Read Full Review

Sdot123's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2015

Ive had exactly the same problem with them!! they will do anything to keep your deposit back. They are I also will be making sure everyone I know avoids them at all costs.

“Repairs”

Written on: 31/05/2015 by nwMills161 (1 review written)

Brilliant service! Thanks IMS, you replied quickly to a dishwasher repair and were professional from first contact to completion… Read Full Review

“Repairs”

Written on: 31/05/2015 by nwMills161 (1 review written)

“No repair service”

Written on: 20/05/2015 by Thornton394 (1 review written)

I've been waiting 3 months for repairs to be done. I have phoned, emailed numerous times. They took 2 months to get the first quote. They frequently ignore emails and take no action after phone calls. I am looking to report them to their trade association. 20years of renting and I've had more problems with them in 6 months. Avoid. Now trapped knowing they will try and take my deposit if I leave, on a fair wear and tear issue and a structural problem. Other issues have included them not… Read Full Review

“rented property”

Written on: 11/03/2015 by Hagangb185 (1 review written)

Fantastic service received. I was updated at every possible stage and felt the staff I dealt with really did value me as an individual and not just a number… Read Full Review

“Professional and faultless service”

Written on: 02/03/2015 by xsWarner66 (1 review written)

The service from start to finish has been exceptional. IMS have been proactive at every stage of the rental process, very impressed. I would highly recommend this company… Read Full Review

Thank you for your kind comments - IMS Lettings Ltd

“Broken boiler.....”

Written on: 25/02/2015

I moved into an IMS rented house in Jsnuary 2015. I am a single mum with a toddler. They categorically assured me they had had the carpets cleaned but they were filthy. After much emailing and contact - they finally said that the landlord couldn't find anyone to do it. The oven was also filthy and took me 4 power cleans to get in working order. Again no apology for this. But the worst is their dedicated 24 hour emergency helpline. As I write this we have had a broken boiler for 24 hours… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2015

Please supply IMS Lettings with a name and address and we can investigate and update this review Thank you

Anthon1112's Comment

Written on: 15/03/2015

this review sums them up mildly, I rented a property from these self centered lettings agents I found them arrogant nasty and gave me the sense that they had no regard for me at all, they were acting for the landlord an and just was not interested in me at all being they were all smiles when taking my cash, I always paid my rent well in advance and then came the 17 complaints that mould was in all of the bedrooms , the cooker was condemned by a professional engineer and the washer did not work, the landlord did not want to replace them but these items were included in my rent, I had no rent reduction because the appliences were not working and I ended up spending 800 of my own money replacing them, the electrics kept blowing and the engineer said the fuse box desperately needed upgrading , as I had a marine fish tank as well as children this became a constant nightmare not to mention the frozen food I lost due to electrics tripping out when I was at work, this complaint went on for 9 months before again I spent 400 of my own money having the fuse box replaces, last but certainly not least was being left with no water in the kitchen for 2 months due to taps needing to be replaces, it was only when I had had all I can take from these ims agents that I reported the landlord to city council who came out inspected the taps and enforced that they were replaced, I typed up a letter f surrender noting all of the above and much more, and I moved out. further to this I never got my deposit back or advanced rent payments or any of the money I paid for the new fuse box, I took my washer and cooker this letting agents known as ims are without doubt money grabbing pathetic dishonest ruthless modern day robbers I have ever come accros or even read about avoid them like at all costs...

Missmagic87's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2015

Exactly the same as with me, I spent so much money on the property which I rented from them - i replaced mouldy blinds as well as the curtain rail which kept falling down despite it being "fixed" and had new carpets fitted throughout - in total all of this came to around £2000 and they STILL kept my £860 deposit! Disgusting company.

Read 3 Comments

“Beware When Vacating”

Written on: 07/02/2015 by Juan176 (1 review written)

We went with IMS for our first rental as they were recommended. The signing up process and moving in/renting was excellent and the support during our tenancy was good. However we did hear rumours regarding the process at the end of a tenancy regarding final inspections and deposits. Turned out to be true. We have recently moved on and made every effort to leave the property in good condition. Now landed with a bill of £100+ for trivial minor wear and tear issues commensurate with just living… Read Full Review

“New ims tenant ”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by Forsythng234 (1 review written)

I moved into an ims property recently with a disabled child under the impression the house would be sorted when I moved in. They took a huge deposit and I got a dirty fly and flea ridden house that stank. Had to do all the work myself and every phone call I made was left unanswered. I still have heard nothing 4 weeks on and even the landlord now has agreed the service is awful. He has now given me his number so I don't have to deal with ims any longer. The derby team come across as very nice… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2015

09/03/2013 Please be advised we have not received any more information about this review - which leads us to believe it is not genuine - IMS Lettings Ltd After sales

“Dreadful company”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by TarynCannon72 (1 review written)

I live next door to a property managed by IMS and they have interest or regulation of their tenants. They shirk all responsibility just taking the money for nothing. They continually place disruptive anti social tenants in the property and refuse to deal with any of the consequences. The current tenant ia slowly destroying the property by chain smoking and allowing their four dogs reign free. Terrible cheap agency with cheap values… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/12/2014

12/12/14 - Please be advised we have not received any more information about this review - which leads us to beleive it is not genuine - IMS Lettings Ltd After sales

Read 2 Comments

“From a landlords point of view....terrible at best!”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by KaelPoole (1 review written)

This review is regarding the branch in Derby. I stupidly wanted to pay as little as possible to rent out my property. As the saying goes 'you get what you pay for'. The tenancy agreements they secured for me were never more than 6 months long even though the tenants always seemed to want to stay in the property so I was charged each 6 months for a new tenancy agreement. Fixtures and fittings were removed from my property, gardening tools removed, smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors… Read Full Review

“Worst letting agent”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by Demarion47 (1 review written)

I have found my whole experience as a landlord terrible, I have no idea how they won awards certainly not for customer service. The staff are immature, do not know how to be professional and have to be chased constantly for work you pay them to do... Manage your property. Do not use them!! But it comes as no surprise when their senior managers act the same way by ignoring letters/emails sent to them. Would never use them again and definitely will not recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

Read 3 Comments

“Unbelievable costs”

Written on: 05/06/2014 by Cfvdgjvfgbn (1 review written)

I have recently vacated a property managed by IMS, leaving it in an excellent condition. Having spent a great deal of time ensuring the property was in at least as good a state than that in which my family and I found it. To my utter amazement, the company have asked for almost £500 of the deposit money to be retained by them for what they deemed necessary work. This is an unbelievably huge figure for what was consistently described by their own inspections team to be an immaculately kept… Read Full Review

Aftersales's Response to Cfvdgjvfgbn's Review

Aftersales's reply to Aftersales's Comment

“Thank You IMS ”

Written on: 09/05/2014 by Barton443 (1 review written)

Not many people nowadays take the time to write a positive review. After hearing a friend say she had seen bad online reviews about IMS Lettings I felt inclined to put her right and the sites that she had read! I had been in an IMS property for 3 years, no problems whatsoever, friendly staff, their fees (despite contrary opinion) are actually lower than most agents in Derby. Whilst in the property the tenancy renewal fees were also very low compared to our previous agent, the property… Read Full Review

Thank you for your kind comments - IMS Lettings Ltd

“Value for money”

Written on: 07/05/2014 by 93Randall (1 review written)

I have been a landlady for a long time without any hitches, after five years I am STILL only paying £36.00 a month for a fully managed service which I believe is terrific value for money. The staff are always helpful, knowledgable, professional and I have been and continue to be very satisfied. After three changes of tenancy all of which were found promptly there have been no issues, no hidden fees or inflated price hikes. Thank you IMS, keep up the good work ! (fabulous advertising too. I… Read Full Review

Thank you for your kind review IMS Lettings Ltd