Dell Dimension 3100C Reviews

2.8

• Ease of Set Up

Dell Dimension 3100C - Ask a question now

“Dell Dimension 3100C has been a good work horse...”

written by blazingbotty on 23/03/2009

Dell Dimension 3100C has been a good work horse computer, but no frills (except perhaps the monitor). There is a feel of solidity and reliability about the tower. It is also very easy to access the inside (a simple and strong release mechanism). It has a headphone socket on the front which is a nice feature (if used the audio out in the back of the motherboard is muted). Disk drive works at 90degrees to normal drive position - fun. Add a wireless device and an external hard disk and you have a lovely work station.

“It's simple, thin, and easy to use.”

written by on 08/05/2008

It's simple, thin, and easy to use.
Simple click system to open the 'hood'
Droppped it once from approx. 1 metre, no internal damage at all, not even the hard disk.
good price - quality ratio
DDR2 memory, not the outdated DDR.

No room for 2nd hard disk
No included wireless card (costs just about nothing these days)
Only PCIX x1, no x16 (don't bother, the videocard wouldn't fit anyway)

“My toner was broken. When I sent it back, as far as I...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by takeuchikaz on 19/02/2008

My toner was broken. When I sent it back, as far as I am aware I have not yet received a refund. I emailed and called several times, but again as far as I am aware they either have not yet replied to my email or the person responsible is "on the phone." I am making a formal complaint...

I do not recommend Dell to anyone. They sent a defect product as far as I am concerned and I am finding it difficult to get a refund.

“The Dell Dimension 3100C is slim (18" x 4"). Has 4 USB...”

written by fearfeasa on 15/04/2007

The Dell Dimension 3100C is slim (18" x 4"). Has 4 USB ports but no wireless card. Option of 160Gb and 19 inch flatscreen monitor.

“The poor customer service after buying a computer is...”

written by tsayed on 26/12/2006

The poor customer service after buying a computer is what will make me never buy Dell again. After purchase if you need to contact Dell expect to be dealing with call centres in India who are completely inept and unhelpful and if phoning their technical assistance expect to be on hold forever - I doubt this dept. even exists! They never even bothered to respond to my numerous complaints via email regarding the poor service. Only buy if you know you will never have to deal with Dell after your purchase.

“This is Dell's budget desktop computer where you get a...”

written by theclague on 03/09/2006

This is Dell's budget desktop computer where you get a 17" TFT monitor and system that includes an Intel Celeron 3.2GHz processor, 80Gb Hard drive, 1024Mb RAM, DVD-RW drive for £360. This is all tucked in a very smart looking thin profile case.
The monitor is crisp and quick to refresh as all Dell monitors are. The computer is quite (in fact unless the DVD drive is working it is eerily quiet) and everything works excellently. I have had no problems with hardware or software. On the back it has TV-Out, 4 USB, 2 line-out and 1 line-in. On the front it as 2 USB and 1 line out. If you want a good lokking, well stocked computer for day to day use, internet, multimedia and general gaming this is unbeatable.
As always Dell's customer service is very good too.