Pyranha Micro 230 Reviews

5.0

Pyranha Micro 230 - Ask a question now

“I decided to leave reviewing my Micro 230 until i'd...”

written by john on 18/09/2006

I decided to leave reviewing my Micro 230 until i'd improved as a kayaker and could give it a fair rating. After owning it for a few months i've used it on still water, a few rivers and the Irish Sea and i think it's an excellent kayak. Changing from an 11 foot kayak to one which is around 7 was difficult at first, i didn't feel at all stable and with the kayak being smaller, the "cockpit" is smaller and its more difficult to get out so i was worried about capsizing ( i haven't mastered eskimo rolls yet :-(. )
My fear was misplaced though because it is in fact very stable under most conditions and resultantly i've only capsized as a result of poor technique. Although i'm not a kayaking expert the guy i boat it off was (he instructs and has over 30 boats) and he recommened i buy this one because its very versatile and very stable. These qualities make it a great kayak for someone who wants use if for still water, surfing or white water and have a great time without needing to be an expert at kayaking.