Ikea Kitchens Reviews

Summary

Read user reviews of Ikea Kitchens from customers past and present, and share your own experiences with others by submitting your own review here at Review Centre.
Ikea Kitchens - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ikea Kitchens

Ikea Kitchens

“ikea kitchen rubbish”

Written on: 20/09/2022 by tonygee6969 (1 review written)

ive bought a kitchen from ikea, they sent it to the wrong address about 5 times although I kept telling them the correct address. Parts were missing you cannot get hold of them on the phone, unless you wait an hour then they put you on hold and hang up, when I went to the store and explained this they told me it automatically hangs up if you are on hold for more than 15 minutes so they do this one every time. the cooker takes about an hour to heat up and the kitchen itself is cheap rubbish the kickboards just fall off and you dont have corner posts so it looks awful.

“Worst customer service ”

Written on: 20/09/2022 by AnneGribbon (1 review written)

We had an ikea kitchen installed less than 3 years ago. Have had problems with the washing machine, cooker and most recently with the fridge freezer. IKEA take no responsibility and we seem to be bottom of the queue for customer service with the manufacturer Whirlpool. We’ve now had no fridge for more than 4 weeks. 3 engineer visits, one cancelled at the last minute, and now have to wait another 8 days for another engineer. Truly shocking customer service

“Awful, do not use!”

Written on: 15/09/2022 by AdriannaBarnett (1 review written)

We ordered our kitchen in June, it arrived quickly 3 weeks later. We were told the worktop/ sink would arrive a week later, never turned up on the day/ time they gave us. Ignored emails, couldn’t get through on the phone. Eventually when we did got told it had been damaged. We were offered a full refund but this wasn’t what we wanted, we want the matching worktop/ sink that goes with the kitchen. They agreed to reorder and the delivery date was on Monday this week, waited in all day and nothing. Emails ignored and cannot get through on the phone! It’s causing us so much stress, we have a kitchen but unable to use!!

“Appaling "service" - avoid at all costs!!”

Written on: 02/09/2022 by tsGill386 (1 review written)

I have had an absolutely appalling experience with Ikea Kitchen Services. The subcontractor they used to carry out the installation work was unprofessional and left my kitchen unfinished. Work started on 19th April 2022 - I was told by Ikea that it would take 4-5 days to complete. We had no working kitchen facilities for almost 3 weeks and on the last day the fitter said he'd be back in a few days - that was the last we heard from him after paying over £2k for supplementary works. Almost 5 months later it's still not finished, no one is responding to me and I've now been forced to submit Small Claims Court applications against both Ikea and the subcontractor. In total I have paid over £10k for my kitchen. The subcontractor also got a gas engineer in to cap the gas supply but didn't provide me with a new gas safety certificate which I had paid for - highly illegal and dangerous. My heating now won't turn on so I'm having to get someone round to figure out what's wrong. Ikea may be a bit cheaper than other companies but take my advice and pay that bit extra for a decent service. I wish I had read more reviews before going ahead with Ikea!

“Nightmare ”

Written on: 25/08/2022 by MCSNATCHER (1 review written)

IKEA contract out their installations to a 3rd party, you have no choice in the matter but if things go wrong with the installation as it did with us, they won’t help you resolve the problem and state “the issue is between you and the installation company” It is extremely difficult to resolve issues with IKEA installation team (Birmingham) constantly fob you off, ignore emails and phone calls.Things were so stressful for us we ended up having to pay someone to deal with the company on our behalf.If items weren’t in stock they would send another similar item instead which we would then have to organise to send back and seek the original item costing us extra time and money.Save yourselves grief, stress, worry and extra expense and go with another kitchen installation firm that is not IKEA

Gary0865's Response to MCSNATCHER's Review

Written on: 26/08/2022

Totally agree with this review. We thought getting Ikea to install would be an advantage but Ikea Kitchen Services (IKS) are the weak link and totally uncontactable. We were a worktop short and as a result our fitter wasn't able to install the sink or hob. Umpteen emails and phone calls have produced no results and five weeks later we're still washing dishes in the bath! Absolutely never, never get Ikea to install your kitchen.

Read 1 Comment

“The worst experience ever”

Written on: 31/07/2022 by KaitlynMacKenzie (1 review written)

I have never been messed around and disrespected as much as Ikea kitchens did. The sales person disappeared on multiple occasions, I had to chase every single step of the way. When I finally managed to pay, the wait was 4 months. When the kitchen arrived, turned out no installation had been booked (in spite of a confirmation email). The earliest installation was a month away, my tiny flat was full of boxes so I asked for a refund and a collection. Turned out the collection also was going to be in a month time. When they finally collected the kitchen, the refund wasn’t authorised due to missing items they had failed to deliver. I have spent hours and hours on the phone trying to get this sorted. After a year since I first engaged them I finally managed to get this shambles of a company out of my life. In 2 months time I had a kitchen from a normal kitchen provider. Don’t waste your money, time and nerves. Ikea kitchens really do not care about their customers one bit.

“Fridge freezer guarantee ignored”

Written on: 29/07/2022 by JoannaW39 (1 review written)

We bought an Isande fridge freezer which went faulty start of May this year, with the alarm repeatedly triggering because the freezer can’t reach temperature resulting in the compressor running constantly and getting dangerously hot. Our guarantee is still valid for this item. So far we’ve not been able to get a replacement because IKEA refuse to communicate with their UK regional Electrolux teams who manage guarantee repairs. We’ve had four attempted repair visits from Electrolux’s regional representatives each resulting in no fix and now are stuck with a defective unit. The last engineer allowed me to photograph his report form saying the fridge freezer cannot be economically repaired, which was sent to Electrolux. IKEA say all we can do is raise an internal complaint which so far is getting us nowhere, so I want to warn all potential electrical item purchasers to avoid IKEA as they do not honour their guarantees any more. You don’t want to be without a fridge freezer when the UK reaches 40 degrees C, as we have been.

“Aggressive, incompetent fitter”

Written on: 17/07/2022 by Krausedn1970 (1 review written)

Amazing product from Ikea, incompetent service and installation from Ikea Kitchen Services and their subcontractors, who are nothing like the Ikea brand they are associated with. I could write an essay but I’ll share a select few facts about our kitchen installation disaster: - Kitchen delivery scheduled months in advance, we moved out and had our kitchen removed a week before and we then get a call from IKS telling us the delivery is delayed by 6 weeks. - Kitchen worktop installed and was bowing at one end, had to be replaced which took almost 2 years - this included re-fitting hob and sink (which was broken during removal and had to be replaced). - Waste water from new kitchen tap leaked immediately, took me a while to realise it was pooling under the base units until I could smell the stale water; admittedly fixed promptly after reporting but with no apology. - Subcontractor brought their own subcontractor who dropped units and damaged them before they even got installed, said they would replace them with new ones but didn’t. (I think the kid was fresh out of school, he had less experience with Ikea assembly than myself.) - LED lighting in drawers installed incorrectly: all too low and with just one screw so they were easily knocked out - When chasing to get remedial work done, often had no replies to emails for weeks on end and no phone number to get back to relevant department. I had to reach out to an IKS director on LinkedIn to get things moving and even got legal advice from a consumer lawyer to nudge them into booking a date to fix the installation issues. Above issues are non-exhaustive, in almost 20 years of home ownership it was the worst tradesman experience I’ve had. Do not trust Ikea’s installation service. Dealing with IKS was like using a business from the 20th century, not customer-centric at all, very poorly run company surviving on Ikea’s brand reputation and consumer demand for new kitchens. In summary, only buy an Ikea kitchen if you’re fitting it yourself or have your own professional lined up who has experience with the unique requirements of an Ikea kitchen (i.e. different height units than standard, no service gap behind units, etc). Otherwise, avoid Ikea Kitchen Services.

“IKEA kitchen”

Written on: 20/06/2022 by Bubbles1704 (1 review written)

Kitchen is fine! The fitter originally provided though did awful prework. We sacked them and now they are taking us to court! Replacement fitter was great though. So we have an ok kitchen but also a court case to deal with! With a poorly child and death in family I wish I went to a local kitchen provider in first place so I didn’t have to deal with all the drama that has accompanied the kitchen!

“Dreadful communication and organisation”

Written on: 08/06/2022 by Olsonlq1947 (1 review written)

Here goes…. I had an IKEA kitchen installed in my last house which was great, loved the products and the process was seamless down to a fantastic installation team from Worcester, so thank you, Skye, from Wednesbury I moved again so decided I’d repeat the process… a big mistake… never go to Nottingham IKEA kitchen department Firstly, I couldn’t get a measure appointment because I didn’t have a Nottingham postcode. A month later they arrived but couldn’t do the plan, so I had to travel an hour each way to achieve that. I booked a planning appointment in store, and the first chap I saw was great, really helpful, and listened … I had to go back but couldn’t see the same guy, so saw someone else, who caused total chaos. The right hand doesn’t talk to the left hand and thanks to her my kitchen was delayed another six weeks. Even worse, she changed the original order and missed off the cost of the microwave which I later had to pay for separately so that didn’t help my budget. Her communication skills were totally disjointed, so much so that at one point she wrote that she’d finished her bit and the installation team would take it from there. Except they didn’t communicate at all. Nightmare It was only through sheer determination that I actually got it sorted, but no one seems to know what they’re doing and to be honest, having to phone up every day is no joke. It’s a great pity that such a team let down the reputation of a good product, the kitchen is great. But at what cost. I would not recommend Nottingham at all, and that’s a pity …

“Do not use ikea kitchens! ”

Written on: 25/05/2022 by ufDavies165 (1 review written)

Please do not go with ikea kitchens. We booked for a planner to come to our property, told him what we wanted and everything was great and agreed we would like to go forward. Was waiting over 3 months for a response to get booked in, kept being told someone would call us but no one did. Should of realised how awful they were but figured they were short staffed due to covid. Eventually had to go in store to get everything finalised and receive an installation date. Started receiving boxes for the kitchen 3 months before installation was due to begin, so was struggling to move around our living room for months. Then we started being told our installation date was going to be pushed back by a month, eventhough a date had already been agreed and confirmed. Fitter turned up and started dumping his own rubbish in our back garden, destroyed our grass, left rubbish and waste sat in our garden for over a month and kept claiming he was sorting a skip, would sometimes only stay for 3 hours and then leave, would sometimes not turn up at all and wouldn't let us know, kept asking for us to pay the full amount within 5 minutes of him arriving when he hadn't even touched anything yet and we were told we didn't have to pay for anything until he had finished and we were happy with the work but that wasn't the case, he kept lying about the amount we had paid him and claiming we had underpaid him when we hadn't, was very rude and disrespectful, got plastering all over our doors and windows, new skirting boards, new living room carpets, utensils and items that were in the living room. Stated beforehand he was going to use sheets to protect everything and then didn't bother. We told ikea we wanted wooden shelves throughout and glass cupboard doors, they did the complete opposite and kept delivering items we did not ask for. The kitchen was severley delayed because alot of items was not available when installation was being done. We are currently still waiting for a cupboard door and have been waiting since November. Keep being told it will be sorted soon and nothing happens, we are wanting to sell the property and can't until this item is sorted. Not only that but you price you are given is not correct, they keep randomly adding prices on top and charging you for stuff you haven't asked for. Absolute joke, was considering going with IKEA in the future for future kitchens in our properties but will go with howdens instead.

“Seems like I had a lucky escape”

Written on: 22/05/2022 by wwMcGraw141 (1 review written)

My kitchen is quite small, with an awkward shape and has old tired fittings and features that could do with modernisation. In order to do this, I went to IKEA as they offer many different options and ideas and a comprehensive planning tool. Having opted for the £35 measuring appointment I promptly got on the planner and put down some ideas to take to the in person consultation (the first of many over a year) and got some very helpful suggestions by a competent chap. After the changes made at this meeting the layout has stayed ostensibly the same, I have only varied the top cabinets because I can't find a configuration that I like. Went for another appointment to try and finalise details but there's no guarantee of getting the same person, which means there is no continuity, so ended up starting again and there was faffing trying to create an upstand. Thoughts of kitchen renovation paused for a year due to other commitments, but recently resumed this, so went back to the planner, thrashed out a scheme for the top cabinets and booked an appointment. This appointment is the subject of this review as honestly, it makes my blood boil. I went along prepared, having created good CAD plans of the kitchen to supplement my 3D views on the planner in an effort to help get my ideas across. This particular consultant saw my previous ideas and plans, then took it upon themself to criticise and tear apart every single element of the kitchen design, offering unwanted opinions and judgements instead of making helpful suggestions to make improvements based on the tiny issues being raised, generally acting like it was their kitchen, their house and they had the right to spend my money to create their magnum opus dream kitchen. Their attitude was completely wrong, out of order and not productive. As an aside, had I been aware it would be a design review, not a helpful consultation I would have come with a different mindset. The consultant even looked me up and down (including under the table) and commented on what I was wearing, I cannot understand why they thought I wanted an opinion on this and it's so unprofessional / inappropriate. Basically this appointment turned me, an otherwise willing customer, into someone who will never buy a kitchen from IKEA and I think this should serve as a warning to anyone that the service might be incompetent, rude, patronising and pretty demeaning. It was extremely unpleasant, plus I have been told later that the butler sink they recommended would have caused my chosen worktop to 'blow out' due to damp, so the suggestions aren't exactly based on any technical or product knowledge. These people give real engineers a bad name in my opinion. in conclusion, this overall experience was an utter joke, however, I am glad my kitchen plan didn't meet with the consultant's approval because based on the reviews of IKEA customer service post purchase it has saved me from many many problems. I also plan to boycott IKEA generally because I have gone off the idea of buying cheap hateful disposable junk that poses as furniture.

“All the gear… no idea ”

Written on: 06/04/2022 by Annies235 (1 review written)

The kitchen itself seemed perfect…. It’s just a shame they couldn’t organise delivery or installation… 4 months on no kitchen, with another 2 months to wait if we do want one. Please go anywhere else , it’s not worth the stress . Dates are around 3 months out and the timeline is totally inaccurate. Stock is always partial and never enough to complete the order but they expect payment for partial stock They won’t contact you, you will spend a lot of time chasing the next steps in the process No direct line, no complaints procedure and no ombudsman … kitchen Russian roulette

Janita003's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2022

I’ve had the same experience. Ive have had a half installed kitchen for the last six weeks. haven’t received any date for completion or any response to my calls emails text messages or visits to store. Beware, buy elsewhere!!!

Mark6871's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2022

And unfortunately when it does arrive the quality is terrible. Doesn't last and not fit for purpose

Read 2 Comments

“Worst customer service ever”

Written on: 04/04/2022 by Dawnmc15 (1 review written)

We went to ikea and planned a pantry room with one of the kitchen designers on 17th Dec. We were happy with design and cost so wished to proceed. We were told they’d arrange a pre install visit just to finalise measurements then we could order our kitchen. As it was just before Christmas we knew the visit might be early in the new year so we didn’t worry too much about it. By 12th January we still hadn’t heard from IKEA so we started to enquire what was happening. Long story short we got a series of unhelpful, borderline argumentative emails from a customer service rep who was insisting someone had come out on 24th Dec to our home and the report was uploaded to our record, also that the price had gone up by £300 based on this visit. This went back and forth stupidly with the woman not answering our request for a call until she finally realised she was wrong and explained the wrong report was uploaded to our file. Eventually a fitter arrived to measure on 17th Jan, he was fab confirmed everything but due to delay the very soonest he had available to fit was 28th March. We weren’t happy but it was the best we could have and at least things were moving forward. Our pantry/kitchen was installed over 3 days (28th -30th March). On day one the fitter realised their went enough cabinet legs and reported this to IKEA. They invoiced me for the £12 required and the fitter had to go and collect them meaning he had to stop working to do so, meanwhile a customer service rep calls out to our home whilst he’s gone, seeming annoyed that he wasn’t there as she was calling to check progress. Well perhaps it would have made sense for her to bring the missing items as she was coming anyway, and as a gesture of good will for free as it was their mistake? No that would make far too much sense for IKEA. We also have a large larder cupboard that was supposed to be fitted with soft close drawers but the wrong hinges were supplied and the drawers can’t be installed because the wouldn’t be able to open past the larder door. We were supposed to get a call back from a customer service rep who told us he’d check in, he also said get in touch in the meantime if he can help. Well he doesn’t answer emails, and when I’ve tried to get through I was cut off twice as soon as o explained I needed help with an issue. The fitter finished last Wed and in his report he explained the kitchen isn’t finished the way it was designed (although his work is excellent I have to say). Still waiting on IKEA acknowledging me or getting in touch. It’s incredibly irritating and disappointing because their products are great, but their customer service is horrendous. I would seriously rather pay more to a kitchen company than go through dealing with them again. Do yourself a favour and stick to only buying things you can build yourself and don’t need any customer service with!

“Kitchen from hell”

Written on: 17/03/2022 by Cop01 (1 review written)

They advertise you can do the installation yourself or they can organise a professional. What a laugh the professional (Nu-Innovations) haven’t a clue. They blame the IKEA designer but really the mistakes he has made shows total incompetence and of course leaves you with a higher bill to rectify them. No support whatsoever from IKEA.

“We sent the kitchen back! ”

Written on: 05/03/2022 by Marquisep194 (1 review written)

After spending a lot of time and energy back and forth to IKEA in Reading we decided to send the kitchen back! A long boring story but the kitchen designer put together a kitchen that would have ended up being a complete botched job with bits cut here and there to make it work. Couldn’t access the portal where my plans were and the response from the store was “oh yes that happens a lot and there’s nothing we can do!” - great a £5k kitchen and no plans!!!! Worktop failed validation meaning I’d have to shop elsewhere. Quality was poor when we started putting cabinets together with the doors not even meeting. One set of drawers didn’t even fit the unit! Once I spoke to management they were excellent however and a full refund has been given. Have gone to Wren kitchens and would highly recommend.

“9 month kitchen install”

Written on: 10/01/2022 by Kelsief2938484 (1 review written)

IKEA had a helpful design team, and I had my kitchen measured twice by them before starting. Paid upfront, and a 5 to 7 day project is still ongoing 9 months later. I wish I knew my rights up front, because I wouldn't have used IKEA - there is no escalation path or support process IKEA sent the wrong sized worktops 3 times. I had no running water or power in my kitchen for a month (and all the materials/ cabinets, crockery filled my lounge. No progress has been made for 6 months, and I keep being told they can't find a fitter - which I do not believe given the fact it has been 6 months. Don't use IKEA for a kitchen installation.

Riya693's Response to Kelsief2938484's Review

Written on: 11/02/2022

Hi, you are not alone, we are at 4 months now and wish we had seen these reviews before placing the order, the service is pathetic!

Read 1 Comment

“ kitchen installations team installed second hand...”

Written on: 28/10/2021 by Horton147 (1 review written)

IKEA took payment upfront it 5 months to supply worktops and backing boards for my kitchen. I use IKEA installation service their installation team took two weeks to install a small kitchen, there no water or electricity for two weeks and there fitter use second hand electric fittings and second hand copper pipes , Also electrical work carried out by unqualified electrician

“Definitely avoid”

Written on: 09/09/2021 by Stillnokitchen (1 review written)

Terrible from start to finish. Booked a virtual planning service, had someone come round to measure. So far so good. Then the problems started. Every plan we were sent had mistakes-each time we sent corrections, theyd then make more mistakes! We went through over 20 correction rounds, it was so frustrating. Then the installer came to visit, took loads of notes. These were all then lost, and the installer told us they had no records of the visit. When we challenged this, asking them to look again, they without explanation cancelled our installation date. We had already been waiting 6 months for the installation! We have now cancelled and are applying for a refund as the service has been so awful-and yet again they make it so difficult. Spending hours on hold to that bloody ABBA music. I’ve never had such terrible customer service ever! Avoid like the plague!

Reviewtime101's Response to Stillnokitchen's Review

Written on: 03/12/2021

Which company did IKEA use for the installation?

Riya693's Response to Stillnokitchen's Review

Written on: 11/02/2022

i agree, we are suffering too and wished we read these reviews earlier! IKEA IS TERRIBLE !

Read 2 Comments

“A nightmare ”

Written on: 06/08/2021 by Babancu (1 review written)

We went for a kitchen planning appointment in November 2020 and we were promised that is 1 week job. We finally got a starting date on the 26th of April 2021 and the real nightmare started. The delivery was wrong about 70% so the joiners stopped the job and made another order; every order, for 4 times came wrong, with the wrong items or the wrong size; the 1 week job took almost 3 months to be finished and we had to employ someone else to align everything and tidy up all the joints. Moreover, we had to return all the wrong items and issued a refund, but wait…… we have to phone a number at a central office and confirm that we allow that refund. It is end of August and we still try to get the refund money as that number takes over 30min to answer and after that you have to pass all security questions. I’m not sure what they’re playing at but my personal opinion is that they hope some people might just give up. How come they don’t return the money to the same account that was paid from?

Reviewtime101's Response to Babancu's Review

Written on: 03/12/2021

Which company did IKEA use for the installation?