Honda CRF450 Reviews

4.6
  • Build quality

• Reliability

Honda CRF450 - Ask a question now

“I've been riding since little and about a mounth ago i...”

written by on 10/08/2009

I've been riding since little and about a mounth ago i decided to save up and get a 250 so i had to sell my honda cr 125. i have just bought the Honda CRF450 crf 450 2006 and took it out yesterday "RAPID" the bike is a great bike for aniwhere and i would recomend everyone to get one

“Outstanding bike in my opinion, however you need a...”

written by HondaGuy1976 on 07/11/2008

Outstanding bike in my opinion, however you need a fair bit of cash to keep them happy, apart from this minor obstacle I would recommend one to anyone. honda have produced a cracking race machine and it has shown. The throttle is extremeley responsive and with even the slightest twist you have her on the back wheel. Its a rush just listening to the engine tick over....."get one"!

Tourk's Response to 416019_HondaGuy1976's Review

Written on: 03/04/2009

I have notice that many of the CFR 450's for sale all say "Top end just redone" So it sounds like this is a common thing?

“Easy to ride when needed, really happy with it, well...”

written by on 06/03/2008

Easy to ride when needed, really happy with it, well worth the money, better than my previous yz250 4 stroke. Than you Honda what an achievement, perfect for my farm.

“Love the bike to bits, suits any type of riding style,...”

written by AndrewL on 02/02/2008

Love the bike to bits, suits any type of riding style, the bike is happy to plod around all day but will try to headbutt the horizon in any gear with a twist of the throttle. Well done Honda!

“Wow what a beast. Just sold mine as i didn't use it...”

written by 2lippy on 11/01/2008

Wow what a beast. Just sold mine as i didn't use it nearly enough but the 450 is onw power house, like one of the other reviewers, I have ridden sports bikes and this crf scares me a lot more than anything else ive ever been on. Awesome bike! Get one if you dare.

“Never Had Any problems with bike so far.. Immense On...”

written by on 07/01/2008

Never Had Any problems with bike so far.. Immense On and off the road. Stunt Machine ;)

“I have had this Honda CRF450 bike just a month. it is...”

written by siraff on 12/09/2006

I have had this Honda CRF450 bike just a month. it is awesome. I also own a FZR1000 exup and a Fireblade and I've ridden some really fast bikes like GSXR-1100 turbo and a modded 'busa. None of these bikes are as scary as the CRF! If you twist the grip 1/4 inch or more at any revs, it's either going to spin the wheel or wheelie. It may not have the power (or even the power-weight) of the other bikes but the way it makes it so viciously from nowhere, and the set up of the chassis means it tries to rip your gloves off as soon as you look at the throttle. On the good side, once over the initial shock of the front wheel nearly hitting you in the face due to a snappy third gear wheelie, it's actually a very well balanced chassis. Once you get the balance right, you find yourself with the front hovering about 1 ft over the ground, with the back just about slipping and it just accelerates like nothing else I've ever ridden. The only letdowns so far have been the front brake fluid seeming to disappear and leave me without a brake (don't know why, couldn't find a leak and now it's topped up, it's fine) and as I brought it as a 4 yr old race bike, the clutch basket needed replacing (normal wear and tear for this kind of bike). It's hard to kick start but not as bad as some big 4-strokes and usually goes 1st or 2nd kick. Oh, and a brand new back tyre lasted 1 race and 1 practice session until it was trash, but that's the price for all that torque. It's well worth every penny.