Richer Sounds Reviews - www.richersounds.com

Richer Sounds www.richersounds.com - Ask a question now

“Appaulling company, we would not buy from Richer...”

Written on: 23/08/2022 by 462Myrick (1 review written)

Appalling company, we would never buy from them again. They attempted to charge for delivery whereas the television was advertised as "FREE" delivery. The actual delivery was problematic throughout, the drivers were rude, unfriendly and in so much of a rush they damaged the staircase wall. Richer Sounds excuse was that deliveries times are scheduled and they don't have the time to be polite and careful in customers properties. They refused to compensate us for the damaged wallpaper say that the wall looked like bare plaster even though we are disabled pensioners incapable of doing any DIY. After much argument Richer Sounds reluctantly agreed to refund the incorrect delivery charge, adding that we could buy a tin of paint with the refund. Their moto is ""We genuinely want you to be a customer for life". Well they failed miserably in our case.

Written on: 25/08/2022

Hi,

Thank you for your review, although I was sorry to read your comments following a recent purchase you made from us.

To clarify, the Samsung QE65QN95a which you purchased is a ‘last few to clear’ item which usually can only be collected from the store holding stock. Whilst the vast majority of items are available for delivery, unfortunately due to cost and size this product cannot be mail ordered from or transferred between stores which we very clearly advertise on the product page of our website. However, in attempting to go above and beyond, the Plymouth store did agree on this occasion to arrange a 3rd party courier to collect and deliver the item actually charging you less than the courier charged us for the service.

I’m sorry you felt the courier themselves were impolite and can only apologise for this, I understand however that at the point of delivery you requested they also remove your old television from the wall for you which they agreed to do, even though this is not a service they offer. As a specific amount of time is pre-allocated for each drop on their route this possibly explains their brevity.

We have now refunded any costs you paid for delivery plus further compensated you for the small mark to your wall which reported the courier had made. As agreed with you this has been processed as a credit towards your finance agreement. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of this further please contact me directly.

Regards

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service

Jstvj1's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2022

You keep referring to "last few to clear" delivery charges apply, but as I have said numerous times nowhere did your website advert state anything like that. You have since admitted that the advert I responded to when I purchased the television did offer FREE delivery but you are now back tracking saying it is an IT flinch because I used a mobile phone. What absolute and utter nonsense.

More importantly, the refund you say has been paid credited is untrue. To date the loan account shows no such credit so you are also being untruthful in this respecy

You company is a shambles and the poor service and attitudes obviously steps from the very top. I would never recommend Richer Sounds or ever bit from you again.

Read 2 Comments

“LG Smart TV Problem ”

Written on: 07/03/2022 by 573miriamg (1 review written)

Excellent service from a very professional Branch Manager at Prestwich Store, very helpful. Also received a first class service from Richer Sounds Service Dept. Gave me great advice which enabled me to fix the problem straight away.

“Good service, competetive prices....”

Written on: 21/10/2021 by freemansteve (1 review written)

Bought Cambridge Evo 75, B&W 606V3 speakers and a pair of subs. At the last minute I decided to change the order as I noticed the prics of Q Acoustic 3060s had dropped - no problem; the order arrived next day and was correct. Very happy with the service Richer gave me. And I love the idea that the business is part employee owned - if only more retailers had the same model, then living in the UK would be far nicer!

Freemansteve's Response to freemansteve's Review

Written on: 21/10/2021

Err V2 not V3 :)

“Excellent follow-up service”

Written on: 20/10/2021 by thehomecorrespondent (2 reviews written)

I made an online purchase of a Denon Tuner with a Goodmans surround sound speaker system which I had installed whilst building a new room - but did not use them for about 4 weeks. When placed live after a day or two of working the Goodmans sub-woofer wouldn't power on. I contacted Richer Sounds online customer service at 3pm on a Friday afternoon, the day it happened, they arranged an immdediate appointment for me to attend their shop in Southgate and by the Monday morning I was back at home with a suitable replacement. Impressive service from a retail chain that it is a pleasure to deal with.

“Sony TV and Oppo Blu ray player”

Written on: 21/05/2018

After much deliberation, I popped into my local Richer Sounds shop in Bath and was greeted by Will. Cut a long story short, Will and the rest of the team are very knowledgeable, excellent at looking after customers and incredibly professional. I have bought stuff from this store for some six years now and each time the team have looked after me. So a big thank you - you guys are an excellent example of what Customer Service should be like. A special thank you to Will for spending over an hour with me explaining the pros and cons of each tv that I was looking at. In the end I bought a Sony AF8 and it is brilliant.

“Prstwich store”

Written on: 18/05/2018 by Pablo439 (1 review written)

I have just bought a Panasonic TV and sound bar from your Prestwich store and i was really impressed by the person who served me, he was so helpful and informed in all areas to my questions . i would certainly recommend a visit to the Prestwich store ask ask for the person I dealt with.

“Turntable purchase Bromley ”

Written on: 28/04/2018 by nigeltandy (1 review written)

After buying a Bluetooth turntable for my daughter which she absolutely loves ( great that kids now love vinyl again ) I went back to the shop for some advise on my existing system . The guys were super helpful even though I was not about to buy anything at that time ! Would definitely recommend them!

“refused to refund to TV which was cracked!”

Written on: 06/04/2018 by wxPugh340 (1 review written)

I understood that Richer Sounds had a reputation for good customer services however this was certainly not my experience. We bought a £500 LCD television from them in the sale and then stored it in a safe place until work on our house was finished. Upon unpacking and turning on the television that TV display was cracked. Richer Sounds customer service were frankly rude and implied that I had damaged the TV myself even though I sent them pictures which clearly showed the protective wrapping still on the TV. Moreover the record from their courier documented that the box was damaged upon receipt. We were not called back when it was promised that we would be and their team were exceptionally arrogant and smug. In future I will take my business to John Lewis!

Written on: 13/04/2018

Thank you for your review, although I was sorry to read your comments.

Customer Service is our top priority so it’s obviously disappointing to learn of any occasion where we have a dissatisfied customer.

We do ask our customers to check and confirm the condition of delivered goods within a reasonable amount time. In this case, the TV was delivered over 4 months agao and that is why we’ve been unable to offer a replacement on this occasion.

So I may get some more information and hopefully resolve things directly with you, I would be very grateful if you could you contact me.

Read 1 Comment

“Amateur hour at the Cambridge branch”

Written on: 05/06/2017 by Precious228 (1 review written)

Avoid this store like the plague. He would have done a better job. I won't go near the place ever again. The usual UK contempt for customer service.

Written on: 05/06/2017

Hi there,

Thank you for your review although I was sorry to read your comments and offer my sincere apologies.

Customer Service is our number one priority so it’s of course disappointing to read of any occasion where we have a dissatisfied customer.

So that I may investigate the matter further and resolve it to your satisfaction would you be so kind as to send me a message via the contact us section of our website with your details?

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Operations Director.

“Compete RIP off”

Written on: 25/11/2016

I've bought the a Samsung Tv model UE55ks7000 on the 17-11-2016 and a Denon AVRX 520BT on the 18-11-2016. On the day of these purchases I was told that if these items where going to be reduced on Black Friday they would refund the difference. Well guess what? Both reduced Tv by £40 avr by £20 only offered me refund of £20 for the avr not the Tv. Their excuse was it was a pouches older than 7 days. I think it's an absolute rip off and will not recommend any one to deal with these ametures not at all happy

Written on: 28/11/2016

Hi there,

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Operations Director.

“Brilliant service”

Written on: 28/10/2016 by JazlynDugan1958 (1 review written)

Needed a new TV as we've just recently moved house so plenty more space to have a larger screen mounted on the wall. Called to see what they could recommend for my budget and to meet my needs. After about 20 minutes of chatting to the advisor, he suggested a 55" OLED LG TV which will be great because we love our films and as an added extra we get SkyQ included for 12 months, which has saved us even more money in the long run. Can't fault them for their knowledge.

“RUBBISH”

Written on: 31/08/2016 by molly1155 (1 review written)

My TV broke and was recommended richer sounds clearance as a place to get a good refurbished bargain, so I looked and found a 60 inch sharp refurbished TV for £299 in Hull, I rang hull and they said yes we still have that TV and I reserved it. All this went fine until i did the 120 MILE ROUND TRIP to collect the TV. I arrived and he brought the box out, opened it and it had the wrong TV in so he said he would need to speak to the warehouse and find out where the TV is but as it was the bank holiday I would have to wait and they would ring me, so i was left without a TV. I waited and called a few times until 5 days later I once again called customer service and as the manager in hull was off i wanted an update.... HERES THE UPDATE, THE TV DOES NOT EXIST it was a TV beyond repair but someone logged it on the computer as refurbished and logged as sent to Hull to be sold, so because of richer sounds i went out and bought 3d glasses ready for the TV i waited 5 days without a TV and I had to do all the chasing up as they could not be bothered to call me back. I asked if they could do me a deal for another TV but the answer was no not at that price, I had to give it 1 star but really it should be a 0 star as I have come away with no TV just a 120 mile round trip. Thanks

Richer Sounds's Response to molly1155's Review

Written on: 23/09/2016

Thank you for your review although I was obviously sorry to read your comments and offer my apologies.

Customer Service is our top priority so it’s obviously disappointing to read of any occasion where we’ve dissatisfied a customer in such a manner, of course the correct TV should have been in the box as advertised and the store should have been more prompt in keeping you updated with a resolution following that discovery.

Please be assured that we do take such complaints seriously and I will be sure to investigate with the both the branch and warehouse managers to see how this was allowed to happen and ensure steps are put in place to prevent the same reoccurring in the future.

I understand you’ve been in touch with my Customer Service Manager who is in the process of resolving this for you.

Of course if I can be of any direct help feel free to contact me via the customer service contact form located within the contact us section of our website.

“Faultless service.”

Written on: 06/02/2016 by glennfaulkner (1 review written)

Went and bought a TV yesterday (Friday) and being a tight so and so opted for the free 3-5 working day delivery. Imagine my surprise when on answering the door today (Saturday) here was my telly. Fantastic service, thanks folks.

“Always helpful”

Written on: 12/01/2016 by LinesLyons (1 review written)

What a great experience, after dropping my amp for repairs, it came back 3 days later and the best thing was that I didn't have to pay! The sales service has always been excellent but the proof of whether a company really cares about its customers is when there are problems and I'm pleased to say that Richer Sounds lived up to its reputation. 5*** service. Couldn't ask for more.

“Very helpful”

Written on: 30/12/2015 by Robinsonpd316 (1 review written)

the person I dealt with  was brilliant. He fixed my hifi in Bromley when other stores couldn't help.

“no reply customer service”

Written on: 08/12/2015 by Trent481 (1 review written)

i purchased a philips soundstage online from richer sounds the item arrived but without a paper receipt and no online receipt up to now i have made 5 attempts to contact richer sounds and i have not received a reply from them they where fine taking my money but now i have no receipt from them to use the 6 year warranty that i purchased from them this is no way to treat a customer so people do not be swayed by richer sounds offering you a 6 year warranty because you may end up like me without any warranty i tried to write a review on richer sounds website but up to now it has not been published because it is a negative review of richer sounds

Written on: 09/12/2015

Thank you for your review although I was obviously most concerned to read your comments and offer my sincere apologies.

Customer Service is our top priority so I’m at a complete loss to explain the issues you’ve had trying to obtain your receipt and guarantee forms.

So that I may investigate what’s gone wrong here and of course ensure the matter is resolved to your satisfaction by getting you your guarantee, please would you email me with some more information?

Meanwhile, sincere apologies once again and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent service, brilliant purchase ”

Written on: 29/08/2015 by jobubb (1 review written)

We spent a long time discussing our technology needs we were given excellent advice on our current setup and the best products to buy in our price range. We bought a Panasonic 50 inch TV, (3d mode as a bonus) and a Yamaha sound bar. We were given a demo of the items and all functions were check to make sure we could fit all our other products within the new setup, wii, Xbox and sky box. We were given so much time and advice, the service was excellent. The TV has an amazing picture, I didn't think the picture was bad on our old TV, but it doesn't compare to the crisp quality of this on. The Yamaha sound bar, has taken our experience to another level, I can mumbling actors and speech even when the background music is too high.

“The reason I go nowhere else”

Written on: 28/07/2015 by DougQuaid (1 review written)

After an initial problem with delivery of a Panasonic blu ray player not being delivered on time, to which I was compensated for, the blu ray player was.just too noisey, without any fuss or bother the manager at Chelsea Frederick? And Joshua? Swapped it over for a Samsung player, what's even more amazing was that the Panasonic 3d blu ray player I took back highlighted the 3 d glasses on my Panasonic top of the range smart tv which I also brought from richer sounds 2 years ago had defective supplied glasses , these 2 were swapped with minimum of fuss, there is a reason I have shopped with richer sounds since 1983 and the original London Bridge store, they never looked down their noses at a 14yr old kid with not much money, I have always been looked after, I am really surprised at some of the poor reviews i have read, but my experience is that they are by far the best retailer of high Fi, tv, DVD, ect in the UK. I will not go anywhere else, sure mistakes can be made, but when they do, they do their best to sort it out, wishing you continued success. Ps I am not in anyway shape or form affiliated to Richer Sounds

“why is there no urgency”

Written on: 29/06/2015 by OrlandoSharpe (1 review written)

22 days my tv has now been been off being repaired and not once have i had a call to say how the progress is, always me who has to do the ringing, emailing, then i was sent an email saying they are going to replace set.yeah right no no no it is not that easy because RS do not sell philips tv now. so replacement meant a different manufacturer. only i have built my lighting round my living room with philips hue lights to corespond with the 3 side ambilight on my 55pfl7008. this is not my fault that RS do not stock philips anymore and for that reason surely they should of offered a refund as i can see plenty other retailers sell the philips tv i would of even been prepared to pay more if RS could only find a high end philips tv but no the option was to wait god know how long for mine to be repaired or accept another manufacturer set which i was told by someone it would be no where near the £1450 i paid for my original philips tv. so here i am with no clue or hint as to how long it is going to take to repair my philips television sad, very sad, wish i had gone somewhere else now but i did not and here i am waiting and waiting watching a loan 32" set which is fit for the skip in fact i think that is where it came from,its covered in dust there is a sticky substance along the top of the bezel the remote control has black sticky tape holding the batteries in place. my wife will not go any where near it. i even left a picture on twitter disgusting. it is a shame because for all the time i have had this tv i have recommended a lot of people to check out RICHER SOUNDS. they were great and very helpful once!

Written on: 15/07/2015

Thank you for your review, although I was sorry to read your comments and offer my sincere apologies.

Customer satisfaction is absolutely paramount to us so it's obviously disappointing to read we've let you down so badly on this occasion, of course your repair should have been resolved in a much more timely manner not to mention the poor quality loan unit you received!

Please be assured we do take such issues very seriously and I'll investigate with my counterpart at our Service department to find out what went wrong here and ensure steps are put in place to prevent this reoccurring in the future.

I understand you've since spoken to my Customer Service team who are in the process of resolving this although if I can be of any more help to you please feel free to contact me.

Ericxx's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2015

hi John, okay it has been sometime but i saved and borrowed enough money (£530) to put towards a credit of 1450 to buy the samsung ue55js8500 tv.
the set which i have had for around 14 days is not as good as my previous tv (philips pfl7008) i keep getting picture judder, motion blur i have spent the last week and a half trying to figure out how to get shot of it using all the settings with no joy i even tried some ones calibrated settings off a forum on line and still the picture judders.
having spoke to people at rs and having someone come out to have a look at my problem and playing with the settings today, he managed to stop the judder or that is what i thought.he continued to play with the settings and said there is nothing wrong with the set, but if i was to choose the ue55js9000 i would not have the same problem?????
the family are sitting watching eastenders tonight and they have said that a certain character was walking in a scene and it just seamed like she flicked forward (i hope this makes sense) its like as if some frames are being missed out. or here is another way if you have seen the flick picture cards its as if 2 or three cards have been removed thus your not seeing a very smooth flow of scenery
not a happy customer !!

Written on: 18/08/2015

Hi,

Thank you for contacting me again although I was sorry to learn that you’ve been having further problems.

I understand my Customer Service Manager, has now been in touch and is in the process of resolving the matter for you.

Of course if I can be of any more help to you feel free to contact me via the contact form on our website.

Read 3 Comments

“Disapointed at customer service.”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by MyahPeck (1 review written)

Was interested in buying a Samsung sound bar. Was told that the Local shop had none of this particular model in stock but would order one in so I could hear it working.Following week was told by phone that the sound bar was in and would I lke to come along to hear it. The journey to the shop is a round trip of 20 miles and I called in two days later. After much waiting about I was told that they did not have this model in the shop.As to why they would phone me to tell me that they now had one in stock, this they said was a mistake. If they had, as I believe, mistakenly sold this sound bar to another customer they should have told me the truth.I would have understood. I was also told that I could only hear the sound bar if I placed an order for one. I left the shop feeling that I had been well and truly fobbed off. Sadly Richer Sounds customer service did not work for me.

Written on: 01/06/2015

Hi there,

I was sorry to read of the trouble you have with your local branch whilst trying to purchase a soundbar.

Customer service is our utmost priority, so I’m at a loss to explain what has gone wrong on this occasion. Indeed, the soundbar should have been ordered in and demonstration arranged for you, and I am at a loss as to why this was not the case.

So that I may look into this matter, with a view to resolving to your satisfaction, please would you contact me with some mode details via the contact us section of our website?
Many thanks,