Deccavideo DDV 2110 Reviews

Deccavideo DDV 2110 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Deccavideo DDV 2110

Deccavideo DDV 2110
Deccavideo DDV 2110

“Apart from its size, This Deccavideo DDV 2110 is...”

Written on: 26/04/2004 by Mekaeal (1 review written)

Apart from its size, This Deccavideo DDV 2110 is great, you cant really blame the size, because when DVD Players first came out, they were the same size as VCR's, now they are smaller, but still not as good as the Decca DVD. I have had Sony and Panasonic, paying almost £150-250 on them, and none work as well as this. This can play Copies, MP3's, DVD, VCD, Practically anything on a disk - the remote also is great, so many functions. This is the machine and for the price its just unbeatable - I… Read Full Review

Simonfox1982's Response to 153149_Mekaeal's Review

Written on: 30/01/2005

I'm one of the previous reviewers for this product Simon Fox. The unreliability of this DVD player was not caused by me not taking proper care of the product, as I stated before the front panel nearly fell off the unit as I took it out the box, brand new. Part of the reason this player is so cheap is its shocking build quality as you get what you pay for in life and this unit confirms that.

Read 1 Comment

“I bought my Deccavideo DVD on a managers special ”

Written on: 20/03/2003 by GRAHAM. (1 review written)

I bought my Deccavideo DVD on a managers special
in our local supermarket, and with a further 10%
discount due to my daughter working there I got it
for £54.00. As this was my first dvd I didn't know
what to expect. But after a very simple installation with scart lead supplied. I could not
get away with the picture clarity . It's nice and slimline, so fits comfortably under my vcr.
WHAT A BUY, IT'S NOT OFTEN YOU GET SUCH A GENUINE
BARGAIN… Read Full Review

Philip007's Response to 81539_GRAHAM.'s Review

Written on: 30/12/2003

excellent review. can anyone please send me
<br>operating instructions for my deccavideo
<br>ddv 2110 dvd player as i have mislaid mine

Read 1 Comment

“My Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player has the remote...”

Written on: 08/10/2002 by Paul. (1 review written)

My Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player has the remote control from hell I think.....so many problems with the remote control. My second remote control from powerhouse has just stopped so I have to navigate using the front display. Luckily I used the hack straight away for the region+mac. Can't be the batteries as they are new, so I think its just a cheap remote. Only solution I suppose is to buy a 4-1 uni remote with DVD ???? as I can only see a third deccavideo remote failing again.

Also hissing… Read Full Review

Higson 77.'s Response to 42481_Paul.'s Review

Written on: 16/01/2003

I agree our remote has stopped working. Have bought all for one remote but they have struggled to find a code that works. So still working it manually. I thoroughly agree about the volume, why is it so quiet? Good picture though.

Terrimccue's Response to 42481_Paul.'s Review

Written on: 01/07/2004

I don't know if you've managed to find a remote for your DDV2110 yet but this site have them.
<br>http://www.avukltd.com

Mad Dan's Response to 42481_Paul.'s Review

Written on: 23/12/2003

I am having the same trouble with the remote control
<br>I did not hack for multi region before it stopped working does any one know how to get a replacement remote for this model , I cant find an address for Deccavideo anywhere, I bought a philips 4 in 1 remote but deccavideo is not on the list when you open the packaging I tried auto search and telephoned phillips but they were are much use as a chocolate fire gaurd

Read 3 Comments

“I have owned a DeccaVideo DDV 2110 DVD player for 8...”

Written on: 31/08/2002 by Simon Fox. (1 review written)

I have owned a DeccaVideo DDV 2110 DVD player for 8 months now.

The price was great at only £109 from powerhouse, and when I switched it on the picture quality was great for a player of its price. The massive range of compablity with CD's, MP3's burnt on disc (to name but a few formats) was highly impressive as well. Its optical and Coxial ports also work well when connected to a dolby digital decoder. However the good points end their.

The purple frontpanel on the LCD display almost fell… Read Full Review

“The Deccavideo ddv 2110 DVD player - what can i say,...”

Written on: 24/08/2002 by chris. (1 review written)

The Deccavideo ddv 2110 DVD player - what can i say, svcd, vcd and even dvd-r and all on cheap discs. For the money it can't be beaten.
I've tried sony and cyberhome machines, none of which could play all 3 of these formats. So get to powerhouse and buy this machine. You won't regret it… Read Full Review

“I have recently purchased a Deccavideo DDV 2110 Dvd...”

Written on: 14/04/2002 by Matt. (1 review written)

I have recently purchased a Deccavideo DDV 2110 Dvd player as I have been looking to update from my Wharfedale 750. I looked across the market and for a value for money player this is the bees knees. It plays most fims that are on disk ( have a look at the front above the tray) it also has karoke function, not necessary but nice! With this Dvd I also purchased my first region 1 Dvd. I can say that by using the code shift stop Jump back a scene jump forward a scene makes you able to make it… Read Full Review

Saucyboy.'s Response to 19271_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2002

Hi, I'm trying to copy dvd all regions to video... region 2 fine in colour but all other regions in black and white... any ideas?

50700_Matt.'s Response to 19271_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 13/11/2002

If you want to copy region 1 to video and you are having a problem with black and white transfer, there is a easy solution. You can select pal/ntsc/auto settings on your dvd to copy in colour. Just select pal rather than the auto preset. You can do this on the controller by pressing the pn button.

47638_Jimmy.'s Response to 19271_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 01/11/2002

how do i change my deccavideo ddv 2110 into multy reigon

Read 3 Comments

“My Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player has played every cd...”

Written on: 07/04/2002 by coolsurfer. (1 review written)

My Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player has played every cd I put in it. I tried about 15 VCD's and SVCD. The ones I made by myself using TMPGEnc and Nero worked perfectly with no lip synch problems. Audio is superb. Will even play MPEG1 as data so no need to use Nero to make a VCD MPEG. My DVD-R's and DVD silvers worked fine. I put in an MP3 Disc with loads of folders and was able to play them fine. I'm very impressed with all the feature for the bargain price of £102 (inc delivery). I'd advise you… Read Full Review

21339_Chris.'s Response to 18303_coolsurfer.'s Review

Written on: 26/04/2002

Great, it's played everything i've put in it. the price is good too. i also payed for the 3 year waranty. Take care see ya....

Read 1 Comment

“I bought my Deccavideo DDV 2110 dvd player after...”

Written on: 02/04/2002 by mikec. (1 review written)

I bought my Deccavideo DDV 2110 dvd player after reading some reviews from this site. Got one from Powerhouse. Cost me £109.99 then got 10% discount for buying 3 years warranty @ £29.99 - total price £128.98. The chap said if anything goes wrong they would just give me a new one as they do not repair them. Every disc i put in, it plays. Good picture quality and sound great. I am pleased with it SO FAR. RECOMMENDED… Read Full Review

“For the price, the Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player is...”

Written on: 25/03/2002 by Chris Willis. (1 review written)

For the price, the Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player is fantastic, well packed with features and actually looks good for the money. Well it's not that ugly, :)

DVD playback is superb and has all the outputs you need, so you won't have to worry about future upgrades to 5.1 sound etc… Read Full Review

“The Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player is a brilliant unit...”

Written on: 19/03/2002 by The Sneil. (1 review written)

The Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player is a brilliant unit & cheap too, the hack sequence works fine to make it multi region & remove macrovision, definitely worth buying, £110 from any power house store… Read Full Review

39115_Andy.'s Response to The Sneil.'s Review

Written on: 22/09/2002

how do i crack the multiregion on this player.

Read 1 Comment

“Since i have had this Deccavideo DDV 2110 dvd player...”

Written on: 13/03/2002 by floppy. (1 review written)

Since i have had this Deccavideo DDV 2110 dvd player about 6 of my friends who i have shown the software hack to have also gone out and purchased one. This tells me that this wasn't a bad little buy… Read Full Review

“Has anyone tried the karaoke function on the...”

Written on: 13/03/2002 by midge. (1 review written)

Has anyone tried the karaoke function on the deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player? ---my kids have tried a Karaoke mic' in it but nothing happened, it seemed dead!------- now I'm wondering if the jack plugs aren't wired up, the mic' is broken or you need a karaoke disc in the player to even get the mic' to function at all!! (but I'm sure it would at least make a sound. Anyone help?… Read Full Review

“I took my time and read a lot of reviews about...”

Written on: 13/03/2002 by Shaun. (1 review written)

I took my time and read a lot of reviews about different DVD players before settling on the Deccavideo DDV 2110. I didn't have a lot of money, but wanted a player that played everything, well VCD's and SVCD. It was a bonus to find out that it played MP3's and Karaoke. Just wish I could get my daughter to stop singing.
What else can I say. Get one if you haven't. Replace your old one with this one if you have… Read Full Review

“WOW! See the points. £101.99 delivered from powerhouse...”

Written on: 09/03/2002 by renegade_si. (1 review written)

WOW! See the points. £101.99 delivered from powerhouse online if you use the 10% off link. If the one above doesnt work try

Multi region by pressing 'setup' from the remote which brings up the menu. Then press 'stop', 'previous' (NOT rewind) then 'next' one after the other (no rush on having to do these quickly) and then a new menu comes up. Select 'bypass' for multi region and macrovision 'disable'.

This is a second player for me… Read Full Review

86219_Wardy.'s Response to renegade_si.'s Review

Written on: 04/04/2003

thanks mate ive been looking 4 the code 4 my 2110 4 6 months now ive got it thanks 2 u

Read 1 Comment

“I bought the Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player from...”

Written on: 29/01/2002 by Orange. (1 review written)

I bought the Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player from Powerhouse for £109 to replace my old Samsung DVD-807 as I wanted something that played MP3's and CDR's.
This is the same machine but with a different front panel as the Dansai-852 sold at Tesco and uses the same multiregion hack. The picture quality is very good especially when using RGB via the scart with a fully wired cable. It plays The Matrix perfectly. Sound quality was weak initially but discovered that when you select the '3D Surround… Read Full Review

12433_Brian.'s Response to 11002_Orange.'s Review

Written on: 11/02/2002

Can anyone tell me if you can play CDG discs on the DDV 2110 as it is meant to have a built in karaoke machine.

24703_Phil.'s Response to 11002_Orange.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2002

Can anybody tell me how to play all the mp3's which are in folders? I can play a folder and then have to select the next one etc. Is there away of making it play all folders?
<br>thanks

14489_Orange.'s Response to 11002_Orange.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2002

MP3's have title names displayed in folders.
<br>Sockets are as follows:- S-Video, Audio L/R, Video out, Scart (RGB), Optical & Coaxial Digital out.

Paul Cheetham.'s Response to 11002_Orange.'s Review

Written on: 20/02/2002

Does the Decca play MP3's by listing the files on the TV screen - if so, how usable is this really ?
<br>
<br>Also, does it have S-Video out ?
<br>
<br>Anyone know a site for specs / photos of back connections ?

12523_Orange.'s Response to 11002_Orange.'s Review

Written on: 11/02/2002

Further info:- This DVD player does not display the lyrics on CD+G discs for karoake, but you can change the soundtracks. Also on the Tesco version there is no Karaoke feature and the Mic sockets are headphone sockets instead.

Read 5 Comments

“I went with all the good reviews to get a decca 2110...”

Written on: 22/01/2002 by mickymcd. (1 review written)

I went with all the good reviews to get a decca 2110 DVD player (which is a dansai 852). Same hack to remove macro and make it multiregion etc this machine is the bs n es for the price pic is good etc pal 50 from an ntsc r1 d vd (cool). This machine now occupies the spot where my hitachi once sat. My hitachi now has a new home-my bedroom set up. Get one bought before the stocks of this machine dry up… Read Full Review

17384_Coolsurfer.'s Response to mickymcd.'s Review

Written on: 28/03/2002

I've bought one of these yesterday and am expecting delivery next week. The Power house website says the it can output DTS. Isn't DTS the same as Dolby Digital 5.1 but slightly less compressed?

Read 1 Comment

“The Deccavidep DDV 2110 DVD player is apparently out...”

Written on: 09/01/2002 by Aitch. (1 review written)

The Deccavidep DDV 2110 DVD player is apparently out of the Dansai 852 stable, hack is identical. The sound & video is simply awesome for the money, 110 quid at Powerhouse at mo. Must be best player on market for price at present… Read Full Review

“The Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player plays everything...”

Written on: 04/01/2002 by Ivor. (1 review written)

The Deccavideo DDV 2110 DVD player plays everything thrown at it including own vcd and svcd movies. Macrovision was disabled out of box on mine but can be made region 1-6 or any region using hack for dansai dvd852 1. Press the Setup button on your remote control, 2. Press the Stop button on the front panel of your unit 3. Press the Previous button on the front panel of your unit 4. Press the Next button on the front panel of your unit 5. You should now be in a secret menu where you can… Read Full Review

17070_Chris Willis.'s Response to 8487_Ivor.'s Review

Written on: 25/03/2002

V good review, although you missed that irritating ping noise it makes when you press eject.
<br>
<br>I tried the region change and yes it works perfectly...Thank you!

Read 1 Comment

“The price of the Deccavideo DDV 2110 is £100”

Written on: 18/12/2001 by Frenchy. (1 review written)

The price of the Deccavideo DDV 2110 is £100… Read Full Review

8021_Dave.'s Response to 7518_Frenchy.'s Review

Written on: 29/12/2001

Could add more info as I have just bought one and I am umsure if I have wasted my money as I know very little about DVD players. Good somebody mention the Decca video DVD player.

Mickeymegabyte.'s Response to 7518_Frenchy.'s Review

Written on: 13/02/2002

this review is not accurate, the machine is region free but you need to get into a hidden menu (most likely an engineers menu) this is, however, explained in one of the other reviews and I can confirm it works, for I have tried it myself.
<br> mickeymegabyte