Wentworth Direct Finance Reviews - www.wentworthdirect.co.uk

Wentworth Direct Finance - www.wentworthdirect.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Pharmg891”

Written on: 18/05/2014 by 492Pittman (1 review written)

Hello! eadgdee interesting eadgdee site! I'm really like it! Very, very eadgdee good!… Read Full Review

“Pharmf578”

Written on: 18/05/2014 by Lilaht313 (1 review written)

Hello! kgkkeak interesting kgkkeak site! I'm really like it! Very, very kgkkeak good!… Read Full Review

“Pharme679”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by ffBlair28 (1 review written)

Hello! ddbdede interesting ddbdede site! I'm really like it! Very, very ddbdede good!… Read Full Review

“wentworth robbers steer clear”

Written on: 28/09/2013

They will take an admin/broker fee and scarper never to be heard of again… Read Full Review

Maureen.tuohy.1's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2014

They are now trading as CASTLE FINANCE DIRECT...the same family (Clayton) and the same trick...this time for £79

“STAY AWAY FROM THEM!”

Written on: 25/04/2013 by baxie88 (1 review written)

They lie until they get your 'admin fee' which you will never see again unless you go the financial ombudsman... they will not give you or get you a loan and I don't understand why whoever owns this company has not been put away!… Read Full Review

Stuart042's Response to baxie88's Review

Written on: 28/05/2013

completly agree with you,i recieved a letter for a refund asking for proof of id and a wage slip which i sent them and 4 months later still no refund or documents back.im going to visit gravesend myself and demand my id back and if no refund will take something for 69 pound.

Brype19's reply to Stuart042's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2013

disgusting company
but i have to say i did get my money back after threatening them with legal action only took 5 days
but it is the dishonesty they use in the initial call to get you to pay

Read 2 Comments

“Long story short: I DIDNT GET A LOAN, THEY JUST TOOK...”

Written on: 26/12/2012 by tanarilla (1 review written)

Long story short: I DIDNT GET A LOAN, THEY JUST TOOK THE FEE. Here is the long story: I had a little financial trouble couple of months ago, and i needed some help, about 1000pounds. ( funeral) But im not british, im single, i dnt own a house, i have a child.... My credit score is rubbish. I went online, i googled: personal loans, they were on the top. I entered my details, and about 30 seconds later my phone rang. I answered, and a lady started talking, at a speed which would easily humiliate… Read Full Review

“Don't use this company!”

Written on: 23/10/2012 by Finfoo (1 review written)

I applied for a in May 2012. I was not offered a suitable loan, as the only company that contacted me was Ralph Malone, who asked me to send personal documents then told me I'd need a home owner to guarantor to process my loan, not only that but the brokers fee as taken twice. I received one of these payments back via cheque. I then telephoned to ask I was unhappy with only being offered one loan that was not to to my needs. I then received a letter stating it can take up to 4 months t place me… Read Full Review

Alexhants's Response to Finfoo's Review

Written on: 04/04/2013

I totally agree re Wentworth Loans. I too had exactly the same situation and from September last year im still waiting for a refund. I decided enough was enough and have issued a claim in the small claims court. They have to today to defend it and im so hopeing they dont as they will have another CCJ to the many im sure they have. Its dead simple to pursue this and i encourage everyone who is owed money to do so.

Tonyledu190's Response to Finfoo's Review

Written on: 15/04/2013

they are bad people they said i should just give them my particulars and debit card number which i did for them to check my credit report i gave them and they deducted 69 pounds from my account and that was the last i heard from them no paper work was sent to my address and when i called the office they put me on an expensive call line and i was kept waiting for three hours and the phone charge was unbearable i regret ever not checking online before contacting them

“worst experience EVER!!!!!!”

Written on: 18/10/2012

i was told false apr's, my details were then passed on to i think ever company in the world, i had my credit card stop by the fraud team because of it, i was lied to every time i phoned with a complaint. i never got a loan even after their representative promise me a great deal!!! i am now still fighting to get my money back even though i cant see what service i was provided, i have been told my money was posted to me in a cheque on the 28th this is now the 18th, now they are ignoring my emails… Read Full Review

“brokers are all the same”

Written on: 14/10/2012 by smart53 (1 review written)

I have had the same trouble with wentworth direct. When i threaten them with the Financial Ombudsman, i got a full refund.Stay well clear of brokers… Read Full Review

Tonyledu190's Response to smart53's Review

Written on: 15/04/2013

please how did u get ur refund for mine is more than two years and no refund pls can u contact or send me a msg

“Don't bother!!”

Written on: 20/09/2012

I applied for a £2000 loan back in May. I was told I would get an offer for a loan with maximum 29% APR and no guarantor required. I then only got the one offer, 62% APR and HAD to have a guarantor!! Was fobbed off for next 2 months being told my details had been passed to 3 other companies all wanting to lend me the money, nothing came of that so spent last 2 months trying to get my money back. Finally they say cheque should be in post this week (mid September). Complete waste of time and… Read Full Review

“Stay Away This company prays on people who are...”

Written on: 19/07/2012

Stay Away This company prays on people who are desperate they take your £69 and you never get a loan PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT BE CONNED… Read Full Review

“Never Ever under any condition try this group”

Written on: 12/07/2012

I filled a form and a date was agreed upon for the payment of £69.00. The money was taken out of my account 4 days before the agreed day because I gave them my card details so they could verify the authenticity of my account. I managed to acquire a number from my bank's debit card disputes but the call would not go through due to an apparent breech of contract. It is clear then that this group cannot be trusted. Try your bankers first if possible. Bankers advice - Under no condition should you… Read Full Review

Mistee123's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2012

I too have just had 69.95 debited from my card. I dont normally use this account which is why I must have given my card details. It was only because I had some money paid into this account today that the payment has been taken. I shows how eager they are to take your money.
I am going to ring them tomorrow, how I will get on I just dont know. I guess I was a bit gullible in applying for a loan from Wentworth as I never normally give out my card details! They had me hook line and sinker for sure!!!!

“beware!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 09/07/2012

Lots of bad feedback on website, when I rang to decline loan I was told to phone head office as Wentworth had given them my details and it wasn't down to them anymore. You have to pay a broker fee of £70.00 before you can receive any contracts and when I asked to speak to someone higher than the lady that was speaking to me she cut me off. Not a good experience at all and I was told thjat I would now have to deal with letters from head office… Read Full Review

“STAY WELL CLEAR ”

Written on: 26/06/2012

Wentworth are the worst people to deal with, do not give them any money as they will NOT come through!!!!! They take your money and thats the last you hear from them. They pretend they send you mail, which you will never receive. Trying to get your money back is another story completely: Mine - Sent letter as instructed on 11th May registered post, spoke with Collette Masters on 8th June and she confirmed letter received on 14th May and refund due in 30 days. Called today 26th June and was… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2012

complain to financial ombudsman services, tell them EVERY bit of the story. Ring them....they may take the complaint over the phone. I promis you , the refund will be done AND you ARE ALLOWED to ask for compensation and distress. I would suggest to ask for £150 which seems quite reasonable !!!
Don't despear. I have won EVERY BATTLE to financial institutions so far. NEVER LOST becuase I kept EVERY detail secure and every proof I rang them with time, duration of call, name of the person (what department he/she works) and ofcourse I recorded ALL my calls (as well as they (BY LAW ) must record every call they receive/make to customers).
YOU WILL SUCCEEED.
Just listen to my advise all people here!
I have applied for a loan myself with wentworth but when they asked me for money!

EVERYONE HERE SHOULD READ THIS!!!!!

0.0001% of the companies like brokers for unsecured loans etc. Eventually, if you ahve PERFECT credit, then you get a loan.....at 29.99%APR ?!? RUBBISH !!!

Summarising, everyone who gets stuck with them , ring them on a separate call and COMPLAIN to Customer services, ask for a Complaint Log Number , take the name of the person/. IF YOU CAN record your calls (Iphone apps are lots out there that allows you to do that AND Ombudsman TAKE THAT as a proof!) . HIT them where it hurts. Their pocket. (they make around £10.000 a day rpofit sometimes!).

The Financial Ombudsman Service (financial watchdog for ALL the people that rip off people that struggle anyway....!).

Saturday – 9am to 1pm

0800 023 4567
calls to this number are normally free for people ringing from a "fixed line" phone – but charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone
0300 123 9 123
calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs
These numbers may not be available from outside the UK – so please call us from abroad on +44 20 7964 0500.

We'll be happy to phone you back, if you're worried about the cost of calling us.

email address
Phoning might be quicker than emailing us, as we can usually deal with phone queries on the spot.

[email protected]
emails are automatically acknowledged – so check your "junk-mail" folder or "spam" filter if you don't get a reply
postal address
The Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR

switchboard and fax
open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday

020 7964 1000 (switchboard)
+44 20 7964 1000 (for calls from outside the UK)
020 7964 1001 (main fax)

Jude2's Comment

Written on: 16/07/2012

Hi..please can I have the wentworth direct direct number please. Thank you!

“Lying charlatans ”

Written on: 18/05/2012 by AbrahamStone (1 review written)

DO NOT USE. I rang up this company do get some information about their services. They asked for my bank account details to "verify my identity", I gave them what was asked for (as I am clearly a fool and thought that without the security code they wouldn't be able to use them). I told the person that I was dealing with that I was just shopping around and would be back in touch if I wanted to use them. I was most surprised when without my permission or knowledge they removed £69.95 from my… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to AbrahamStone's Review

Written on: 18/05/2012

I had the same expereience with them after receiving a call at the end of April they took my bank details and I asked that the money not be taken until 4th May. I then found I was able to borrow some money froma relative and spent three days trying to contact them but couldn't get through was always placed at number 20 in the queue. They then took the money out of my account on 30th April withough my authorisation. I called again this time first thing in the morning and was told I had to write which I ddi on 1st May - still haven't had anything back, called a 01753 number yesterday and was told that I would get my money back but it could take up to 30 days. I have just been reading another forum and there are so many complaints about them - DO NOT USE WHATEVER! How they are still trading I do not know.

Jude2's Response to AbrahamStone's Review

Written on: 16/07/2012

They did the same thing to me but got no contact from them but sent emails 3 times but no reply from them. Will you please pass to me their phone number. Thank you!

“Don't bother”

Written on: 12/05/2012

I originally applied for a loan of £3000 for which I was accepted straight away. It turns out I had been accepted for a loan finding service, not an actual loan. After giving my home phone, mobile and email to the Wentworth representative I am now bombarded with spam calls, texts and emails, some texts arriving after midnight for payday type loans, all with APR of 2000% or above. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR DETAILS … Read Full Review

“i paid you £69 on the 31st of march 2011. you said...”

Written on: 02/05/2012 by mclean-stuart (1 review written)

i paid you £69 on the 31st of march 2011. you said you would get me aloan,i have written to you i have phoned so many times and get the same treatment i have .NOW I AM GOING TO THE OMBUDSMAN this is going on to long [email protected] you dont even have the decencey to reply to my correspodence. i would like to talk to someone in charge but you take the money and do nothing… Read Full Review

“Wentworth finance loan”

Written on: 01/05/2012

I originally applied for a loan of £5000 which was approved pretty much straight away. They said they would get a company to call me. I did get companies ringing me offering £750 and another offering me £1000 at a ridiculous apr, I tried to call them and eventually got through and said they would put it through again by to no avail so I lost my £45 admin fee. Not happy at all !!!… Read Full Review

“Do NOT TOUCH”

Written on: 27/04/2012

If your thinking about taking a Loan out don't go to wentworth. They promise you a loan and then they are ask you to pay £69.00 which is one big scam.... I applied in Jan 12 and is march and heard nothing. Now I am trying to get my money back .....impossible. Even the ladies that you speak to on the phone all advise you to cancel.. So that says it all. Be careful and don't touch, the company loan shark manager need to be locked up !… Read Full Review

“scam”

Written on: 26/04/2012

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY,, ABSOLUTE JOKE TOOK £69 OUT OF MY BANK AND I HAD NOT AGREED THE LOAN!!… Read Full Review

Reneeziager's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2012

The £69 is to try and find you a loan. Did you com0plain to the Legal Compliance Auditor on Wentworths Website?