Blue Arrow Reviews

Blue Arrow

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Poor Candidate Service”

Written on: 22/01/2018 by 111McConnell (1 review written)

What is the point of writing to the Customer Services Department at Blue Arrow. There are so many bad reviews that this suggests as a company Blue Arrow have no customer satisfaction interest. Candidates are seen as an inconvenience and can be treated so badly. Consultants lie constantly. When you ask to speak to the Consultants you are always told they are not in the office. Often this is not true as I’ve called from reception and could see the Consultant. Waited weeks and weeks for replies… Read Full Review

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience, and we would like to help resolve this. If you go to the Blue Arrow website, click on contact us, you will be able to submit a complaint form that comes to our Customer Service team. Can you please provide details about the branch also.

Thanks

Sadhana - Blue Arrow

Mancbrum's Comment

Written on: 21/02/2018

The Blue Arrow office I have experienced is Birmingham Branch.

Where at one time consultants contacted you via telephone to check on availability and actually telephoned you to see if you could do a last minute job the staff who are now employed at the branch are so unprofessional I felt I had to put in writing my concerns.

Examples of bad practice are

*Losing candidates paperwork including Right To Work documents, copies of passport, bank details.
Not only is this unprofessional it is breaching data protection legislation and when this is highlighted the staff in the branch just fob people off with comments such as 'these things happen, so we need you to come into the office to complete all the forms again'.

*Promising candidate that there is lots of work and you will never be out of work when in fact there is no work.
This practice is illegal and companies can face fines for advertising in this manner.
A friend who was looking for work attended and registered for roles in catering and retail was promised work and that calls would be made the day after giving details. With this in mind I paid for my friend to get the correct clothing from a city centre store as she had no money. This uniform included shoes, trousers and blouses. She was looking forward to the work. She waited and waited for the telephone call and nothing happened. She had to ask to use my phone as she has no credit on her phone. After spending a number of days trying to speak with the consultant it was made clear that there was never any work. Not only was this misleading candidate but also I had lost money on buying suitable clothing for my friend to begin work.

*Failing to reply to telephone calls and emails
Over a two week period I telephoned requesting to speak with a particular consultant but they were never available or too busy to reply to these requests. Having exhausted my attempts to contact the consultant I attended the office and was informed that the consultant was not in the office, this despite the consultant being sat only a few feet away. This is a regular issue with the Birmingham office. Why are candidates treated in this way?

*I applied for an Enhanced DBS to include Adult and Child baring clearance and was promised it would only take a few weeks to be returned. Having been a compliance officer I knew that it could take up to a couple of months but this consultant insisted it would only take a few weeks. After waiting 6 weeks and having eventually managed to speak with the consultant dealing with the application I asked why it was taking so long. He just fobbed me off again. I checked with the company who were conducting the DBS checks and was informed that my application had only been received by them a week prior to my enquiry, some 5 weeks after I paid for and completed the forms. It appears the consultant had failed to send off my DBS application until I had continually chased the consultant. Having received the form back it wasn't the full enhanced DBS certificate which I had paid for. I there am left having to pay for another DBS certificate to enable me to work with vulnerable adults.

The treatment at the Birmingham branch of candidates is deteriorating to such an extent that I personally know over 20 people who say never to work with Blue Arrow. There are many bad reviews on a whole range of job review boards that it appears that complaints are ignored and directors do not care that their company has so many bad reviews. I also know of clients who state the consultants are so rude. So its not only candidates who are experiencing this but clients.

Hi,

We would still like to resolve this issue. If you go to the Blue Arrow website, click on contact us, you will be able to submit a complaint form that comes to our Customer Service team. They will be able to look into your situation. Please also provide details of the branch concerned.

Thanks

Sadhana - Blue Arrow

Read 3 Comments

“put on hold”

Written on: 12/05/2015 by DorianCarr16 (1 review written)

I was advised to ask for a job in their branch in Bradford West Yorkshire, first time I called I was given wrong number of a recruiter, second time I called I gave them my name and address,I was put on hold for nearly 20 minutes hearing it will take few more minutes my credit run out twice they never called back to confirm when will I have the interview. Best wishes… Read Full Review

“They Do Not Care”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Adeline477 (1 review written)

Blue Arrow does not care about the way in which agency staff gets treated at bookings. Furthermore, they always state that they 'have the perfect job' for you and that is a bunch of lies. For some bookings,they do not pay workers a sufficient amount of money for what they do. The workers earn a small amount of money, while Blue Arrow reaps the rewards from workers being engaged in meaningless drudgery. Have any of the Blue Arrow recruitment reps ever been engaged in catering work? They do not… Read Full Review

Mikimiki30's Comment

Written on: 07/04/2014

All workers have to be paid minimum wage...were you not paid this?how do you know that Blue Arrow reaps the rewards as they now have to pay Holiday pay and NI

Read 1 Comment

“Lack of working hours and doesn't hire again if u ever...”

Written on: 16/10/2013

i was working in Blue arrow Spalding in kerrys food in afternoor shift, every day I had to wait for sms where they would say if there is or no work today . So lets say my work starts at 2pm and I might get sms like 1 hours or less before my work starts. So its like everyday u unsure if u will need to work today or not. Also there was 2-3 days of for a week, so I was getting 80 pounds a week. Also they had 2 days (overall 14 hours) induction -which was not paid! … Read Full Review

“Very disappointed!!!”

Written on: 25/11/2012

Very disappointed. I applied for the vacancies at Toyota deeside, having passed the 1st stage the written tests I went for my 2nd stage which was putting wheels onto a wall non stop for 2 hours. I added up my total at the end and I got 93/96 which I believe is 96.87% right, I left and felt pretty confident I had done enough as the mistakes I made were very minor, god knows what the pass rate must be, maybe 100%, Yet this morning I receive a letter to say I have been unsuccessful and cannot… Read Full Review

Mikeyoo's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2013

Hi exactly the same happened to me at toyota deeside in March 2013. Top scores inc 100% in fitting the wheels to the studs. Got 40 years manufacturing experience but told was unsucessful and too busy for feedback. Found another review where blue arrow in response says " disapointed you were told that we would not be able to give you feedback. Please contact us to receive full and honest feedback". So there you go just rang and left a message on their answerphone. Try it and get the feedback you deserve.

“Kept in the dark.”

Written on: 05/05/2012

Prior to temping for Blue Arrow I worked in a recruitment agency and constantly dealt with temps. Joining blue arrow as a temp I expected to be hear from my consultant regularly with updates. My employment with then was extremely fast a swift. They had come across my CV and I had an interview 2 days later. I was successfully at interview and started 2 days later. My consultant told that before I could start I needed to complete some paperwork. I came into the office and introduced my self to… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/06/2012

Hello, I am contacting you from the Blue Arrow Senior Management Team.

Firstly, I apologise if you have felt that our service has been disappointing as we endeavour to ensure consistently high service business-wide.

I can't see which branch/team you have been dealing with but would be keen to discuss this with you in further detail.

Please email [email protected] with your contact information and a little more detail as to who you have been dealing with at Blue Arrow and I will be in touch.

I hope to speak with you soon to resolve this issue.

Read 1 Comment

“Bad recruitment agency not worth it”

Written on: 28/04/2012

I was looking for a job desperately in 2011 i decided to try this agency i ring them they invited me to office i went there did some tests. Then for 3 weeks i didn't heard anything back from them. Finally i started working through this agency and it was really bad. Only 1 max 2 days per week i was working back then barely earning £100-130 per week sometimes even less than that also they were late on payments i had to wait extra weeks to receive my money.There was no days time schedule you just… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2012

I think this agency is rubbish...I was there this morning....rude staff...I was supposed to have an interview with them and he treated me very badly...Well, they are supposed to help people find a job...If I had a job, I wouldn`t need their "help"...I hope they will lose potential customers...I don`t recommned it at all...Idiots...Paolo

Written on: 14/06/2012

Hello, I am contacting you from the Blue Arrow Senior Management Team.

I hope to speak with you soon to resolve this issue.

Read 2 Comments

“ ”

Written on: 26/01/2010

I thought I was really lucky when I found this agency. The lady who contacted me after applying online seemed to be really nice and understanding, interested in me and my past positions etc. Only a few days after I registered, she called me to say she found a temp job for me, starting in two days, lasting for about three-four days or so.
When I went back to the office next day to get the details of the job, she wasn't there, although I had an appointment with her, and I actually saw her… Read Full Review