Computer Planet Reviews - www.computerplanet.co.uk

Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Use them at your peril !!!”

Written on: 28/04/2017 by cliokate (2 reviews written)

Purchased a PC June 2016, too far longer than advised to arrive, when it did the graphics card was loose and damaged and I had to wait for another to be delivered and install it my self. It then developed a fault in September, by locking up for no reason and had to be turned off each time. It was returned after a month of arguing about the fault, repaired (supposedly) and returned in November. It was ok for a few weeks and then started the same fault again, returned in January back in February… Read Full Review

“Worste experience ever!!”

Written on: 12/03/2017

Order was unbelievably slow through production, I was assured delivery on Friday 10th March. Rung them up to find out they weren't even going to send my item because my delivery address was not the same as my billing address. They said they were going to send a letter to my billing address for verification, that never came. Nor was I even made aware of this process during checkout. I was then assured my item would be delivered next day Saturday before 6PM. Now here I am after wasting my… Read Full Review

“ misinformation and apathy”

Written on: 03/03/2017 by malyakub (1 review written)

This is the first time I've been treated as a problem as opposed to a customer. After filling out an order for over £1600 on the 10th of February, I eagerly awaited my PC which as claimed by Computer Planet should've been finished in 9 working days and delivered on the 10th. I saw the estimate that Computer Planet then put in their customer area, saying it was due to be finished by the 25th. I thought the extra couple of days would be worth the wait. I couldn't have been more wrong. After… Read Full Review

“Avoid if you want what you pay for.”

Written on: 03/10/2016 by davidh621 (1 review written)

I would strongly advise people to search around before committing to buying from Computer Planet. I needed the PC I purchased within a time frame. On there website it say time from order to being delivered is 10 days, when I ordered my PC, they said it would be ready and delivered within 14 day, this is including all testing and so on. I accepted this but after 14 days had passed I had to get in touch with them to find out what was going on. There customer service is absolutely terrible and I… Read Full Review

“Terrible Customer Service ”

Written on: 05/11/2015 by Rene91 (1 review written)

After a reasonable delivery time (I only had to keep asking about the delivery date a little) I received a fairly well built PC. I have since had to contact Computer Planet for various things; updating delivery info, broken monitors, PC not being powered, on each occasion I'd received the most shocking customer service. From the outset you feel like you've gotten into an argument with them and never should have asked. Recently I've been enquiring about repairing power issue, my unit is stated… Read Full Review

“Please don`t go there!”

Written on: 16/02/2015

Ordered a new gaming PC for my son, custom build which took nearly two weeks to build and ship. I knew this up front so all was OK and the updates were very good. The PC arrived slightly earlier than expected and I waited until my son got home from school to un-box. To cut the story short the PC was DOA the GPU would not work on either VGA or HDMI and kept locking up shortly after the bios screen. Spoke to support and they said it was the GPU that would need replacing. This was on a Friday and… Read Full Review

“NEVER BUY FROM COMPUTER PLANET”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by Lina2014 (1 review written)

This is the worst company I have ever came across. Customer service is zero. Value for money, not sure as I paid £2000 for computer and after 9 months of using it, It stopped working and Computer planet after messing with me for 2 months, send it back to me after so called "repair service" and it still would not turn on. I do not want to go into too much detail. I think the fact, that that they send it back to me after such a long wait and it still does not turn on, says it all. Communication… Read Full Review

“The worst customer service I have ever experienced”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by LeslyFinn (1 review written)

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I usually never write reviews but after my experience with Computer Planet I feel that I have to warn others so they do not make the same mistakes as I did I ordered a custom PC from this company which took about a month to come and costed a considerable amount. fair enough. Everything is fine for a year until one day my computer would just not turn on, a power supply failure.I send it back to the company for free repairs which took well over a month for them to… Read Full Review

Lina2014's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2014

I had very similar scenario!!! I will write an independent review today. I hope that my case is not as bad as yours, but I will only know after I can actually switch it on. My computer stopped working one day, after two weeks of emails exchange I finally persuaded them to send me a new power supply unit. It still did not work. Then i send it back to them for repay. I receive my computer back yesterday ( one month after sending it) and it does not show any sign of live!!! I emailed them and got a silly reply about that I need unplug one cable. I will send it for repair to another company, I decided just know , reading this comment. I paid for computer £2,000 and it is still under 1 years warranty!!! NEVER BUY FROM THEM AS YOU MAY BE UNLUCKY IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG!!! THEY SIMPLY WILL NOT REPAIR IT, WILL ONLY MESS UP WITH YOU FOR A MONTH OR TWO ( IN MY CASE) AND THEN YOU WILL END UP REPAIRING AT YOUR OWN COST!!! STAY AWAY FROM COMPUTER PLANET!!!

Read 1 Comment

“Computers that don't Work and Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 01/04/2013

The computer itself took longer than expected to arrive. After it did it must have only worked for a day before deciding to turn off at random. We asked for remote assistance several times, but they never seemed to do anything productive before leaving us on hold, with no explanation, until we stopped the connection hours later as their help centre had closed. Eventually the computer stopped working completely and so we sent it back for repairs. It took over a month for them to get it back… Read Full Review

Iangee53's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2013

You are not alone it seems!
Eight months further down the line and we are experiencing the exact same customer service as yourself. with the excuse that no refunds are issued for bespoke Pc setups. Whatever happened to "goods fit for purpose" which is obviously the case here!
We too had an initial "10 day" repair which took a month, ending up with a unit that was in a worse state on return than it was prior to repair.
It would be interesting to know whether your case was resolved by C Planet or did you have to take things further.

Very unhappy -5star customer.

Read 1 Comment

“The Fawlty Towers of computer retailers”

Written on: 23/01/2013 by JohnAllen (1 review written)

When I first went shopping online for a new computer and found Computer Planet, I was a little dubious about them because they had one or two adverse reviews. But because they also had many more positive reviews (see my comment at the end of this review) and because their prices were undoubtedly very competitive, I decided to go ahead and purchase from them. How I now wish I had paid more attention to my earlier misgivings. I originally ordered and payed for a custom-built computer valued at… Read Full Review

“Disgusting service!!!”

Written on: 15/01/2013 by lxm1 (1 review written)

Please do not buy a computer from this company!!!!! I wish I had read some reviews online before parting with £1200. I ordered a custom built computer, the order went through, all the parts were in stock. I recieved an email to inform me that my order had been recieved. A week later (6 days) I recieved another email informing me that they had only just started to build my pc. Another full week later (7 days) I recieved an email to inform me that a part was out of stock, and they would have… Read Full Review

Johnallen's Response to lxm1's Review

Written on: 23/01/2013

I'm currently experiencing similar problems with Computer Planet, except that the order value is around £2,400. My order was placed at the beginning of November, finally delivered halfway through December but ran for barely an hour before dying. It took several attempts to arrange collection for repair and was returned to Computer Planet on 20th December. It's still not out of repair as of today (23/1/13). That's nearly 3 months since originally ordering and paying for the computer!

“SHOCKINGLY BAD SERVICE”

Written on: 14/11/2012 by zyao (1 review written)

I ordered a computer WITH monitor, plus an assortment of peripherals. Only the tower arrived and when I tried to contact them the customer service was shockingly bad. No one picked up the phone and twice the call just hung up after I had been waiting for 15-20 minutes. I finally resorted to livechat, the person said he couldn't do anything about this issue, he had to refer my issue to someone else and they would get back to me via email. I told him I'd prefer someone to call me back, he didn't… Read Full Review

“The Customer Service is a joke”

Written on: 12/06/2012

They sent me the pc I initially ordered with a fault. They wanted me to ship it back at a cost to me. Once they decided to pay for shipping, they took a look at it, marked it quality tested and sent it back. They didn't say what was wrong with it or what they had changed. I received the pc again to find out it had the same problem. I get on-line to tell the customer service guy and he says and I quote "I assume replacing the part did not solve the problem you thought it was?" As if to insinuate… Read Full Review

Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2012

Customer was asked not to return the accessories back with the PC but sent them back anyway. We forwarded them back to the customer. Wireless antennas are not connected to the PC due to risk of them getting damaged in transit. It's a very simple job which needs no tools to finder screw them onto the back of the PC. We are sorry the customer had problems and the issue was resolved at no cost to the customer.

Read 1 Comment

“Appalling Quality Control and Customer Service. ”

Written on: 20/04/2012 by benzodiazepine (1 review written)

The good things first: Very Keenly priced, good choice of components, system was very well packed for delivery. All retail boxes which the main components came in were provided with all CDs, manuals etc included. Also, as they did not have my first choice of power supply and blu-ray drive, they gave me free upgrades to superior units. Very impressive start. And now everything else. They didn't bother to connect all front panel features of the case, they installed the hard drives in a… Read Full Review

“Not an Impressive place”

Written on: 23/09/2011

I purchased a PC from Computer Planet as a gift for a family members birthday on the 25th August.

I was told the parts I had picked were all compatible and that building would begin shortly.

2 days after receiving that e-mail I had another stating 2 parts were not compatible and was charged extra for replacement parts. Another week later I was told 2 more parts needed replacing. The second set of replacements were free so that wasn't as bad but it could still have been dealt with quicker than it

Rawne1980's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2011

Just a few alterations to my review here.

Computer was taken to be repaired and it has gone smoothly so far.

I'd also say the value for money on the products they had is higher than my original score.

It seems my issues with this company are not 'the norm' so should only be taken as opinion and not gospel.

1 bad experience does not make it a terrible company however I would add that getting more information on anything you buy from them and speaking to them first hand may be beneficial.

Rawne1980's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2011

Response to Computer Planet.

At 2.02pm you gave me the option of having my PC collected or booting it up from the Windows disk.

I replied to that to state my PC would not boot up so I could not access BIOS to boot from disk.

You replied back with an insult to which I answered and then you sent this.

CP Posted on 22-09-2011 17:32
Ok please use the RMA and it will be fixed and returned back to you ASAP.

3 hours and 30 minutes after i'd asked you to collect the PC. From a conversation that started at 8.34am it took 9 hours to get you to agree to collect it.

I have the entire conversation screencapped don't try and make me out to be a liar.

Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2011

Customer contacted us on 21-09-2011 at 9:51 PM. We replied via email on 22-09-11 at 8:34 AM. We tried to trouble shoot this via email with the customer and asked them at 2:02 PM on the same day if they would like us to collect the PC and replace it.

The customer booked a free UPS(courier) collection by 5:30 PM the same day. UPS (courier) collected the PC on Friday 23rd (same day you posted the review) to deliver it back to us on the next working day which is Monday.

We are very sorry that the you have had problems with this PC. We have responded very quickly to all your messages and booked a free collection for you the same working day you reported the fault. We feel the level of customer services provided was very high but again we are sorry that you have had a technical problem.

The PC will be delivered to us on Monday and will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible and returned back to you for free.

Read 3 Comments

“Avoid. ”

Written on: 08/05/2011

Avoid.
I have forwarded my grievances to Matt Allwright at BBC Rogue Traders.
Worst custom built PC Specialists on the Planet.
Total rip off… Read Full Review

Simonkevnorris's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2011

When things go wrong with this company they show no ability in rectifying the problem. Avoid them. I wished I had and I'd be over £3,500 better off.

Read 1 Comment

“Never under any circumstances consider using Computer...”

Written on: 18/04/2011

Never under any circumstances consider using Computer Planet. I purchased a £3000 computer from them and it had to be sent back over 5 times with faults and problems. In the end it cost me numerous days off work, stress related illness and personal expense due to time without a working computer in excess of £6500. I had to use my credit card company to finally get a refund which took over a full year and an independent test report.

Computer Planet still tried coming after me personally to… Read Full Review

Mv7's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2011

I found this review very helpful because... I have had the similar experience with them which I will describe in more detail in couple days. Not only they charged me extra an made and unauthorized payment form my card but also, after one month of waiting, they haven't refunded the faulty component I had sent back to them. I definitely do not recommend them.

Simonkevnorris's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2011

I had similar problems with this company a few years ago. The PC they supplied was unstable as delivered. I had ot play £140 to send it back by a courier. It was returned several months later (with no warning) in a slightly better state. I had to send it back and asked Computer Planet to pay for the courier. The representative said they had to check with the manager - I never heard from them. When things go wrong they are incompetant.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2011

I had a similar experience several years ago with this company. The PC was unstable as supplied. I had to send it back at expense (£140+) to myself and it was returned a month or so later with no real improvement. They wanted me to send it back to them - I asked them to pay for shipment and they never got back to me. In the end I scrapped the PC but I wished I had taken legal action.

Read 3 Comments

“Terrible experience. After a month of delays due to...”

Written on: 31/01/2011

Terrible experience. After a month of delays due to their selected courier the computer arrived with a major part incorrectly fitted. Following numerous messages to and from their customer service team, during which they accepted no responsibility for the incorrect fitting in the first place, I found myself in the position where I did not believe I could trust them to fit the computer together correctly and run sufficient quality checks on the finished product for me to accept delivery.

I… Read Full Review

“Attrocious! non existant customer service. Faulty...”

Written on: 14/12/2010

Attrocious! non existant customer service. Faulty Sapphire HD4870x2 graphics card sent in signed for by them @ 1014hrs 04 Oct 2010, apart from one reply to many e-mails nothing, not even on their Live Help. I will of course be following this up with both them and my credit card company under the sale of goods act… Read Full Review

“had similar issue like use posted previously, orderd...”

Written on: 08/11/2010

had similar issue like use posted previously, orderd high spec pc, paid for express, 3 days later i was told they couldnt deliver within timescales, they then offered refund of express build, still didnt deliver on time, apparently build average time is 3 - 4 weeks, cancelled the order and got a refund… Read Full Review