Holland Landscapes www.hollandscapes.co.uk Reviews

Holland Landscapes www.hollandscapes.co.uk - Ask a question now

“When we gave them our ideas, Holland Landscapes either...”

Written on: 15/11/2008 by mikeandsallyd (1 review written)

When we gave them our ideas, Holland Landscapes either incorporated them into their design or, if our ideas weren't practical, suggested solutions based on their many years experience. Their quote was initially more than we'd thought, but by talking through exact costings, and by modifying at the design stage, the result is a very pleasing new garden with lawn, flowerbeds and a well designed in-and-out driveway, achieved within our budget but without compromising Holland Landscapes' high… Read Full Review

“We had recently decided to do something with our...”

Written on: 18/05/2006 by Elricardo (20 reviews written)

We had recently decided to do something with our garden and began to collate various quotes from local landscapers in Essex and the South East. Our garden is a basic rectangle, about 15m long by aroung 5m wide. We had planned two areas of decking and some re-turfing. Initially we began getting quotes around 2-3k, which seemed fair as I used to work in a timber yard and had priced materials myself. I then went onto the APL (association of professional landscapers) site and found Holland… Read Full Review

Scott2012's Response to Elricardo's Review

Written on: 12/06/2006

What a ridiculus review, I have had work done by Holland Landscapes which was truly excellent and very good value for money. I had 2 companies from the APL quote for the job and the quote come in within a thousand pounds of each other. I gave the job to Hollands because they had the edge in the design aspect and I can say that I was home for the most of the 2 1/2 weeks that the job took and sure enough there were 2 or 3 men on site the whole time working diligently the whole time!! In the end you get what you pay for - properly built patios with proper footings and ground base.

Elricardo's Response to Elricardo's Review

Written on: 22/05/2007

I appreciate your point, but this web site is designed to assist people make informed choices. My issue was the not only the price but the amount of site time required. The contractor I finally used had the job wrapped up in one and a half days. Holland stated the job would require ten. I think its reasonable to review this so that people considering using them will know that the job can be done equally well at a substantial saving. Which part of that are you confused by?
<br/>
<br/>Your analogy regarding Aston Martin is irrelevant. Two landscaping companies appear very similar when viewed through an internet search engine. An Aston main dealer and a back street garage when visited are clearly different entities. This encapsulates the point of this site....well done for missing it.

Normskee's Response to Elricardo's Review

Written on: 21/05/2007

You weren't obliged to accept the quote. I can't really see why you have even bothered to write a review? No work was carried out so you have nothing on which to judge their work. An Aston Martin dealer would charge three times more than a back street mechanic. The customer has a choice of where to take their car, and it doesn't make the Aston Martin dealership a rogue trader.

Elricardo's Response to Elricardo's Review

Written on: 14/06/2006

Counterpoints are clearly welcomed but disagreement of a review does not make it ridiculous. My review is based totally on fact, I understand that your experience of this company appears more positive, however this takes nothing away from what I experienced. Try respecting other peoples opinions when offering your own. When Holland quoted for my garden they WERE three times more expensive than two other companies, one of the reps from another firm did a double take at Hollands written quote in disbelief. This is fact. I am not interested in tarnishing reputations, as can be seen by my positive commentary on Holland&#039;s staff, portfolio and website. Accept that your experience was not mine and vice versa, this occurs in life, apparently.

Read 4 Comments