Ibis - www.ibis.com

• Facilities

• Location

Ibis - www.ibis.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ibis - www.ibis.com

“Customer service is poor”

written by szBroussard10 on 25/02/2021

Some of the day staff at this hotel are lazy and cannot bother to greet the guests and act like they are not in a business environment. For the price it really needs to have better standards.

“services of the hotel ”

written by on 15/10/2018

Ibis Hotel Sao Jose dos Pinhais airport - Each hotel has the decision how to serve each guest, but not to laugh when asked for a services. In my case after breakfast I asked for hot water to take to the room for a tea. After 15 minutes waiting the person asked if I had the jar - I said no. So the person that was on the reception started to laugh in a very racist way.

“Worst experience ”

written by 238Bailey on 13/09/2017

pictures are deceiving don't do justice at all. Arrived Sep 9th stayed 3 nights . Booked a room for three people . Upon arrival customer service very poor . Had three big suitcases and Carry ons . When we got out of the elevator every thing changed . Carpets are dirty with stains everywhere . Smell was making me sick . Open the room even more heart ache . Small tiny room with three beds shoved in that . No closets to put my stuff . My bathroom is bigger than this room . If I booked for three guest they should have accomadated me accordingly . We had to put our bags one on top of each other . No place to walk . Open bags . Or get ready . One of the guys just opens the room door comes inside . So they carry keys to your room . Heat didn't work . Tv took a while to figure out to turn on . I travel a lot so I know what a 4 star hotel looks and has . This was a horrible horrible hotel . Very disappointed for the price I paid . Breakfast is only continental not full breakfast as it's on the website .

“Very enjoyable stay”

written by Kazlouise on 10/07/2017

As soon as my mum and myself entered the hotel we were greeted with a very friendly member of staff. asked to take a seat and offered us a glass of water while checking us in, and during the 2 night stay all of the staff were just as friendly and helpful including the manager. The rooms were very basic but expected for a budget hotel, it was very clean, bathroom too, beds were comfy and plenty of space for clothes and luggage. The menu was also very basic but couldn't complain as it is served 24/7 and was very tasty, bar open till 1am and the breakfast was great value as you could eat as much as you liked and there was a great choice. I would strongly recommend this hotel, the reason for us staying there was to attend a show at the O2 but definitely stay there again even if I was wanting to go into Central London as there is a DLR station just 5/10 minutes away so no problem getting to and from the hotel.

“bitten by bugs”

written by on 15/07/2016

stayed in ibis nottingham last weekend for 4 nights got bitten by bugs and had to request a change of room also no sheets changed over the four days as they keep costs down had to pay chemist hair dresser and overall distress for what should have been a great weekend distroyed.overall view of managment very poor i had to request a new room and ask for a pest control report which i am now handing over to a legal firm as i have been unwell since returning home smell in lift should have been our first warning that things were not up to standard would not like to see anyone staying here for longer than one night.

“Quality accommodation,Good service,Fantastic Location ”

written by yjAnderson91 on 06/07/2016

A few minutes walk from Euston, very welcoming efficient staff where nothing was too much trouble. On arrival we booked in very easily, and on finding an issue with the plumbing we were immediately offered another room. The restaurant supervisor must take great praise for his polite can do attitude in dealing with residents to the hotel. Overall a great hotel which we will continue to return to again and again.

“Perfect Stay !”

written by peace_123 on 05/12/2014

Glasgow West Regent Street! Excellent service!!! The built was old but very clean, what i Exactly needed if it wasn't clean i would have never gone for the old built. Great price! was cheap to be honest ! Good breakfast, all you can eat. Quiet, Comfy beds and wide double bed! Friendly staff The Only thing i would say to change would be the carpet or make it wooden floor but Overall stay was great!

“Don't Stay at an Ibis!”

written by Isis106 on 19/11/2014

We booked a quiet room for 14th to 16th November 2014 at The Ibis at Euston in London. The reception staff were polite and efficient and allocated us a room on the 3rd floor opposite a lift. The corridor to the room was difficult to negotiate due to furniture parked in the corridor. The room was basic, 2 medium towels but no hand towels, very little space. The staff dealing with the furniture could be heard through the walls, so could everyone walking past talking loudly at all hours. The lift was used by the cleaning staff very early each morning which woke us up plus the noise of their trolley. At approximately 1.30pm on the first night the fire alarm went off then stopped. So was it a test or what? Then it went off again, we looked out the room door so did another guest and saw a guest walking towards the lifts. We grabbed some clothes and went down the allotted staircase. As we arrived on the first floor the fire alarm was constantly ringing unlike the one on the third floor. Next we made our way to the reception and foyer area where a lot of the guests were mingling about unsure of what to do. We asked the girl behind the bar whether it was a false alarm, test or a fire but she continued her job stating she did not know. Not one of the staff had a hi-vis jacket on at this point nor were they acting as fire marshals. As the alarm was still active most of the guests including ourselves left the building. It was only when most of the guest were standing outside the hotel on the opposite pavement that I heard someone state the fire brigade was on its way and the hotel staff put on hi-vis jacket. Obviously the staff had had no induction into fire safety regulations. There did not appear to be a designated fire marshall. When a fire-alarm goes off the staff of any hotel should follow fire safety regulations (2005) and ensure all the guests have left their rooms and gathered at a designated point. Unless it is a drill and notices have been posted or the staff know for definite it was a false alarm. We did not feel safe staying at this hotel and we will never book an IBIS again. This incident ruin our special weekend away.

“No Comfort and Poor Service”

written by moby79 on 26/08/2014

booked in advance for a triple room for the Saturday Bank Holiday and checked in late on the eve after a busy day only to be told that I have a double room. I was not happy but awaited to see what the receptionist had to say, although he was polite but had no customer service experience as he just stated the hotel is busy and there are no alternate rooms available for me to change with even though it was the hotels fault to start with. He then advised me to call the Operations Manager and handed me her business card, did not understand why I had to call her however I called her regardless only to get the voicemail. After this little episode he then advised he will outbook me locally to another hotel, all the local hotels were fully booked so I suggested the receptionist book me to another area of my choice as this will save time and further bad experience. The receptionist ignored this request and went further to tell me there are rooms available but this was not far from my home city were I had travelled from which was over 125 miles. I did not have the energy to point the obvious out to him. After forty minutes he then requested proof that I did in fact have a triple room booked and not pulling a fast one. I was not happy with having to prove when in fact he could see on their hotel system. After proving via a email he then said I will provide you an additional room for my other guest. Why it took so long to get to this point is beyond me as this should have been resolved within minutes of attending the reception and not over forty minutes and being told there is nothing we can do and degrading myself to having to prove my room type. No apology was offered or reassurance throughout. Finally when I went to my room, tired and exhausted I could not sleep as it seemed staff were talking loud and some form of furniture was being moved about which gave me a very restless night to say the least. Quality of the bed is very poor and the little cubicle for shower and toilet are not acceptable. If anyone thinks other well-known budget chains are basic, well trust me there is one even more basic than them. Never again are my final words.

“worst hotel seen in my sixty years life experience.”

written by Javgho on 30/07/2014

First of all hotel room was not clean one could see dust on TV and other furniture. No AC and when I complain they say that there is fan .I was forced to open the window and it was hot air coming into the room and noise was so much that after working night duty in the hospital customer come for sleep. No cleaning was done first day. When i Complained then the reception staff said they will tell the staff but that did not happened. SO no clean done. Finally when i got angry an old lady came and she dusted and there was so much dust that my asthma started. There was no waste bin in the room one has to go through the bathroom.Breakfast was not worth 7.50 £ and parking was not free and this was not mentioned to me on the phone but they said that there is ample parking. Has to pay 5.50 £ / day. Staff was Spanish and could hardly speak English. I spent 117 £ but could not spent the second night due to bad conditioned and wasted my 117 £. Service was hardly one star and cleaniliness was also one star. Food was also 1 star.

“Good except WC facilities”

written by hlapusya on 19/05/2014

I stayed in Ibis in Yaroslavl on May, 17. We had a standard room. In general the hotel is really good, especially its location, right in the heart of historical center of the town. The only disadvantage was WC. Shower cabin was loded, it is dripping, the water is on the floor. The staff did not react on our claim. My parents booked a room the same day, and they had the same problem with dirty dripping shower cabin with a smell of mould. They informed reception about it, but nothing was done.

“Nightmare booking service”

written by TitusLeach156 on 04/04/2014

I cannot comment on the quality of the hotels as have not yet stayed in one but the booking service is dire. I don't know whether it was because I was using Tesco vouchers (I suspect it was)- this should not make a difference as if IBIS don't want Tesco customers they should not sign up to it. I had the worst experience ever phoning the 0871 (10 p and minute) number to book a London Hotel - I did eventually make the booking at the London Earl's Court but the operators were extremely difficult to understand which doesn't make for a smooth and efficient service. The operator sounded like he was reading from a script, he repeated everything I said which was very frustrating especially as it was costing 10 per minute and took much longer than necessary. I was on the verge of tears through frustration by the end of it. Surely a huge chain like this can come up with something more efficient than this. I tried to ring the hotel myself direct but was told I had to use the main booking line. I would like to make a formal complaint but after the debacle of the booking experience I doubt it would get me anywhere. I feel I must write this though to warn other potential customers what to expect.

“Beware if you pre-book - you can't even give this room...”

written by on 13/08/2013

I booked the Ibis Greenwich for a stay when I was going to the O2 in London. The show was cancelled, and I had no problem getting a refund for the tickets and the train fare. Because I had pre-booked (and pre-paid) the room at a discounted rate Ibis would not refund the amount paid. Fair enough, but I asked them to transfer the booking to another of their London hotels for a different date. No. The terms and conditions that you booked under do not allow you to do that. Neither apparently was I allowed to give the room away to a friend or family, as I had to present the original credit card on arrival. Obviously this meant that I could not re-sell the room, say on eBay, either. That you have to present the original credit card on arrival is not shown in the terms and conditions 10-page document on the front of their website. It is only shown on the conditions of sale (if you scroll down right to the bottom) when you are making the payment. And only if you click on it to read it... So I have a room booked that I have paid for, but can't use myself, can't sell, and can't give away. Other people had booked rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at Greenwich, which were also pre-paid, and were told that they could re-sell the room. So that's where I will be staying next time.... Also note - there is an option to cancel the room on the Ibis website. All you are doing is letting them re-sell the room. If you cancel a pre-paid room (the text says that this will involve 'charges'), they do not refund any of the amount that you have pre-paid.

Caliner123's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2013

I mistakingly clicked on the wrong date and when I immediately rang the hotel to change the date they refused to let me. I lost all my money. never ever again!

“Terrible Experience, Bad Customer Service”

written by on 05/06/2011

Customer service was very bad, the air conditioning did not work. We moved from room 3 times in two nights. The beds were last, had much noise meters and people could not sleep. In the end it was a horrible experiance and do not recommend this hotel.

“The basic facilities were better than the Abbaye de...”

written by on 14/09/2010

The basic facilities were better than the Abbaye de Sainte Criox I stayed at the next day where rooms are Euros 300 a day.
However on safety matters the Ibis at S de P.there was no lift,the stairs were steep and my luggage was heavy.
The fire exit doors at the head of the stairs swung the wrong way, i.e. towards the corridor and not towards the stairs the natural way to exit in case of an emergency.
Given that this was a building used by the public it was a huge safety issue.In England this hotel would never pass the building regulations and could not open for business with doors operating this way.This building is currently unsafe to use.

“At lunch time I ordered a seafood gratin in the hotel...”

written by on 31/03/2010

At lunch time I ordered a seafood gratin in the hotel restaurant; my husband ordered only a mint tea. The tea was served as was some bread and a bottle of water I ordered. We waited 45 minutes while 2 other small parties in the restaurant were served but nothing was brought or communicated to us about my meal. After inquiring and receiving a 'soon' kind of response and after another 5 minutes we left the restaurant. The wait staff ran after us down the hall to our room, offering to bring 'madame' her meal right away in the room. I said no thank you as I was no longer hungry. Ten minutes later they brought the meal to the room regardless of my refusal, saying 'gratuit pour madame'. Not wishing to be a grouch I accepted. Ten minutes later they arrived with the bill! Now that's what I call disgraceful customer service.And the gratin was no longer hot.

“We've stayed in the IBIS in Lisbon, Portugal and two...”

written by lemonelephants on 10/06/2009

We've stayed in the IBIS in Lisbon, Portugal and two in Barcelona, Spain. They were all a 'good deal' compared to other hotels; however there are significant differences.

They offer a free room if they can't solve your problem in 15 minutes or less. The fact that they couldn't check people in quickly, or took more than 10 minutes just for us to be able to get an internet card...was not considered a problem. When we complained, the girl at reception said, "That is not a problem. It's just that we're understaffed." hahaha Makes you wonder what a problem is.

All in all, the thing that is the biggest problem for me is the hard beds and the pain I experience in the mornings. Other than that, I recommend the chain as a good deal for the money if you're willing to walk a little for transportation.

“As I arrived there was no one at recption and the...”

written by Justfriend on 01/03/2009

As I arrived there was no one at recption and the recptionist came out from the kitchen eating a croissant, she was not very welcoming asking my id before anything
then she asked me for my credit card and to sign my registration
which i did
she then gave me the key telling me in catalan which I can barely understand, my roomnumber and the floor it was located on. I was not offered breakfast and not told about the times of the restaurant
I figured if icame down at 8;30 it would be fine
the room was basic and i could detect some dust a bit everywhere on the woods and in the cupboard.
On my way out to visit the city of Barcelona I went thrugh the lobby and heard some man apparently cursing very loudly while banging on a table or punching a wall
it seemed to come from their back office.
The meal at the restaurant was very nice and i was wwell attended by the waiter who seemed to be a profesional (the only one, finally)
I had a good night even though the hotel is on the sie of the motorway i did not hear a thing apart of the trucks from Integra2
in the morning my checkout was processed by a girl who seemed to have had a very bad night,as she did not even smile,she just told me it is this much to pay, did not even bother to check the details of my bill or to know if i had a good stay. I felt like I was bothering her while she was chatting with her colleague from the breakfast service,
who did not bother saying hello either when I had my breakfast, she just asked for my room number.
That is how i left the hotel, a good sleep but definetly efforts to be made in customer care.
Good restaurant service but not enough for me to give a good review for the hotel

Sincerly

J F

“I have stayed in two Ibis hotels; one in Paris, and...”

written by lyndyloub on 25/04/2006

I have stayed in two Ibis hotels; one in Paris, and last weekend, the one at West Thurlow near Lakeside. It was difficult to find, as it is in a retail park, and I resorted to ringing the hotel twice for instructions, as there seemed to be more roundabouts than in Milton Keynes, which is saying something!

The hotel was very clean, and the reception staff were helpful. They even turned over the TV in the bar so my husband could watch his precious Tottenham play Arsenal! The rooms are clean and roomy, and the bathrooms are 'self contained pods', which were dropped into the building during its construction. They have wonderful Grohe showers, and I thought they were a great idea.

The breakfast was a buffet continental, all you can eat, with various breads, bagels, croissants, and also cheeses, yogurts, hams, and boiled eggs etc., and many types of cereals. Orange and grapefruit juice, and a wonderful machine which made many types of coffee and chocolate etc. at the push of a button. I drank copious amounts of Cappuccino, which was better then many I'd had in so called good coffee places.

We had other family members also staying, as we were attending a family party. They praised me on the choice of hotel I had booked for us all.

We went down to breakfast at 9.35am, and our family came down in stages much later. We finished chatting and eating breakfast at 11.45am, and they were quite happy for us to still be there, and they were very friendly. Check-in time was 12.00pm, and check-out time was the same, which was nice. Breakfast was served from 6.00am until 12.00. On the last weekend, the hotel was full, as many of the competitors of the London Marathon were staying there. The breakfast chef had boiled 60 eggs thinking they would all be eaten, but they weren't! Obviously eggs aren't a great pre-run requisite.

I would thoroughly recommend this chain. The one in Luton is at the airport. I have only been in the bar, but it is also very nice.

Ivan1890's Response to lyndyloub's Review

Written on: 26/04/2006

I like this review - both its tone and its factuality. However, most reviews on this site remind me of my Rolls Royce / Bentley Club days out when everything about cars and excursions are discussed but NEVER money. I appreciate that gentlemen never mention such dirty stuff and guess that I am not a gentleman as I constantly cannot help wondering what things cost! (Sorry).

Lyndyloub's Response to lyndyloub's Review

Written on: 21/09/2006

I did not add the details of the costs into this review as the Ibis all over the country seem to set different prices and you can often get a good deal.

Asked by phillipabrown on 14th June 2017 Report this content
what is ibis hotel customer service provision ?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site