Reeds Rains Estate Agents Reviews - www.reedsrains.co.uk

Reeds Rains Estate Agents www.reedsrains.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Reeds Rains Estate Agents www.reedsrains.co.uk

Reeds Rains Estate Agents www.reedsrains.co.uk

“A very bad and poor company!!!!”

Written on: 06/07/2022 by Brigittahoffmann (1 review written)

A stupid company with poor minded people. Not just that they are some shameless people (their representatives) but they also dared to sustain our family not to have dogs in the rental...i mean some nobodies paid well too much!!! On top of this, after renting a house in a very poor state, with a fully in mold kitchen furniture, when we have requested from them to talk with the landlords about us buying for ourselves a proper different new one, saying that we want to change it, these ones have had the face to come and demand us to live the new furniture that we buy behind....i mean WHAT?!???? WHO are these people daring even to ask such a thing?!??? Some shameless ugly poorly behaved people!!!! Aren't them ashamed?!?? And they decide these things by themselves?!??? Daring to ask from us to leave the furniture bought by us in the rental?!!! I mean we just had very bad experiences with them. I wouldn't allow such a company on a market EVER!!!! Shameless, shameless!!!!

“Reed Raines Northwich”

Written on: 16/05/2022 by Donandbrendadutton (1 review written)

We found the Northwich team helpful friendly and professional and have no hesitation in recommending them. We do not live in the UK, and in a number of instances they went out of their way to assist with details we could not manage from abroad. We were very satisfied with our experience.

“Extremely overpriced AVOID ”

Written on: 02/04/2022 by Malia416 (1 review written)

Review is for the Huddersfield area. Extremely overpriced BACK TO BACK houses along Manchester road.HD75LS A viewing was arranged at a property near slaithwaite and it was damp with visible water damage. Landlord (owner) was painting over the damage when I ask about the leak he was extremely rude and snapped well you don't have to ******* rent it! Even the estate agent looked shocked. The houses on their books seem to be all substandard. To pay half a month wage on a BACK TO BACK one bedroom with an oven in the living room with NO garden and NO parking is insane! Especially when problems are painted over! Avoid if you can help it.

“As a letting agency, this company are incompetent. I...”

Written on: 14/12/2021 by AB0654 (1 review written)

As a letting agency, this company are incompetent. I want to warn all landlords not to use them as they keep your money and can’t explain why. They say they’ve sent out rental payments, but somehow they don’t reach your account. They have a substantial amount of my money on hold but don’t know why. It’s useless trying to get paid, you just get passed on to different departments.

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 01/09/2021 by ogArsenault415 (1 review written)

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! 4 years ago the council came to inspect the property to make sure the house was suitable for living in. After finding numerous issues they put together a long list of maintainence problems that needed sorting within a month. Reeds rains act as the middle man between my landlord and myself and after endless phone calls and the works still not been done 4 years later, I have had to get the council involved and now the local MP due to there incompentance. I never get up dated, myself, phone calls and emails not returned, refusal to speak to a manager, messages to the manger to call never returned, a call regarding broken boiler and no hot water (I have a son) resulted been told in "boil the kettle and fill the bath that way (I have a one cup kettle for starter ffs!), my sons asthma aggrivated by the damp and mould unresolved issues in the house, leaks in the house never attended too, same contractors coming a to do quotes in the works 4 times in the last 4 years with no work actually starting, the wall crumbling in my sons room, leaks in the roof.... I could go on an on to the point where this review would end up been a book. The property management team for reeds rains are an absolute disgrace!! Not one of them would be able to tell the backsides from a hole in the ground. Reeds rains... Get your bloody act together!!!! Landlords pay you a monthly fees to do a job and that job never gets done. I have rights as a tenant and this tenant is sick to the back teeth of all the incompetence. I am now taking my case further!!

“Grainne @Ormeau Rd Branch helped us sell from...”

Written on: 31/07/2021 by DagmarG (1 review written)

We needed to sell in a are of BT7 which people see as nationalist (though its really lovely, by the river, and the house was super charming!). We had issues getting reasonably priced insurance, the valuers would say its worth nothing, and buyers would not get a mortgage. However, Grainne persevered and in the end we sold with a positive margin! Thanks!!

“Fantastic service!”

Written on: 17/06/2021 by Reedraincustomer (1 review written)

Just completed the sale on my property in Macclesfield — very happy with the service provided. From first point of contact all very Professional, friendly and dealt with everything very quickly. Thank you so much for your advice and moving things along so promptly and keeping me informed along the way. Very much appreciated!

“Viewing a property in Shevington”

Written on: 27/03/2021 by Therapistmanager (1 review written)

Thank you for the support your viewing representative gave today. The person I dealt with was vey helpful and Professional I felt at ease and fully informed about the property I was viewing . The current tenant allowed me to view - what a lovely inviting experience. Very pleased , thank you. The apartment is lovely , light clean and well looked after. The rooms spacious and well appointed. I couldn't fault it , the apartment and location are everything I am looking for. Thank you also to Reeds Rains office for managing this. I look forward to hearing from them soon. I will definately be guided by Reeds Rains and their helpful staff now and in the future . I think the photographs of the apartment taken when the apartment was empty could have shown more of the kitchen and bathroom and also the hall.

“Avoid Reeds Rain Estate Agents Manchester”

Written on: 22/03/2021 by Nolanvm398 (1 review written)

Avoid Reeds Rain Manchester like the plague. We were a buyer, going through the transaction - spent money. Reeds Rain called constantly during the day, and sent constant emails chasing up. They went and found another buyer for the property under our nose and then persuaded the seller to pull out. Avoid them like the plague.

“Rented a property but no responce afterwards”

Written on: 16/02/2021 by JettLamont (1 review written)

I rented a property through Reeds Rains Durham branch and was very impressed with their attention to details (December 2020) However now I'm in the property I have had no responce to emails with concerns I have. I had daily contact when I was sorting out the tenancy but since moving in, no contact and no responce to emails. There is obviously a leak from the roof as the bedroom ceilings are stained, the boiler has dropped pressure due to lack of water. There appears to be fine cracking lines appearing in the plaster. It must have been newly plastered and is drying out. I asked then to take the To Let sign down but got no responce so took it down myself. Only small things but rather disappointed with their lack of customer care.

“The Best”

Written on: 21/08/2020 by BillMalpus (1 review written)

When ever I have to visit the office in Liverpool, the staff are always pleasant happy and ready to be helpful in all ways. and would always advise friends and family if they are looking for accommodation in the city call at reeds -rains first.

“Big mistake using Reeds Rains to manage my rental property”

Written on: 06/01/2020 by IAKi (1 review written)

We used Reed Rains Abergele to manage our property because they were local. Within a few months they closed the Abergele office. We then had to deal with their inefficient Southampton call centre. They were a disaster for us. We ended up having to deal with repairs and contractors ourselves because they didn't have any local contractors who would pay to be on their books. They got ridiculous quotes for repairs. In the end we changed to a local company but Reeds Rains want us to pay £750 to get out of a contract when it is actually them who are at fault. They unilaterally changed the terms of our service without any discussion.

“Disgusting charges”

Written on: 19/06/2019 by 59Hollis (1 review written)

I would not rent a property from this bunch again!! .. cost me a small fortune when I took the property on and paid a bond of £650 and when I left the property in excellent condition nearly 2 years down the line.. had to keep ringing them up and they could not even read the meters properly.... and when eventually they paid my bond back it was short by £120 .. to be told they had taken £120 out of my bond for a check out fee..!!! I spoke to my landlord directly and he was very annoyed with them as he had instructed them to give me all the bond back as I had been a good tenant.. my landlord said he is not happy with the way they have felt with me and the way they did not look after the property with the previous tenant.. ie not doing checks on a regular basis and had to pay a fortune on having to get the house back up to scratch again..

“Incompetent ”

Written on: 13/02/2019 by Unhappy51 (1 review written)

Due to family circumstances myself and husband are having to sell our new house after only 4 months. Reeds rains escalations team said they couldn’t find the postcode for it so couldn’t advertise it. I issued them with a bank statement as requested and also a council tax bill. Now, seeing as the council set the postcodes you would think this would be enough evidence. No no no, they were still incapable of sorting it out and after 4 weeks we decided to change agents. Nothing seemed to progress or get done unless I was chasing the office all the time Now when you consider how much they charge, they should be doing this without earache from me.. They never returned my calls either. I am not a trouble maker and like an easy stress free life but I have to say I wouldn’t recommend these agents to anyone.

“Reeds Rains Didsbury - Avoid like the plague”

Written on: 13/09/2018 by GazMorris (1 review written)

- Took two months to gain access to my own mailbox. In the end, only gained access by hiring a locksmith and charging the company. - My bank details were sent to a different person (who happened to have the same name). - Despite being informed on numerous occasions, nothing was done about the black mould in the property. An independent surveyor described the situation as ‘worrying’ and ‘unacceptable’. - Absolutely awful at returning calls or replying to emails. - Lost two sets of keys to the flat, meaning I had to get more cut. - Horrendously unorganised; to say the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing is an understatement. It may be more accurate to say the right hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. - The inventory was done after living in the flat for two months. Quite how this is to show the state of the flat at the beginning of the tenancy, I’m unsure. - Upon checkout, tried to demand professional cleaning services used and a variety of other riders, none of which are mentioned in the contract. - It took the best part of three years for Reeds Rains to organise the repainting of the ceiling, despite reminders every three months on their ‘property inspections’. - Rude and condescending emails from staff, some of which are practically illegible due to formatting, spelling and grammatical mistakes.

“Sutton-on Hull Branch. Great result achieved by the...”

Written on: 30/08/2018 by rainbow66 (1 review written)

A very professional team and a result we are very happy with. We were informed every step of the way in selling our property. Thank you to all.......

“widnes reeds rains excellent agents”

Written on: 12/07/2018 by kxr1 (1 review written)

The Widnes branch have managed our property portfolio for several years now. We have always, without exception, found them to be professional and reliable. The communication skills of the staff are second to none. When a letting out new property we are always kept up to date with any developments and she is always available to sort out any issues, however trivial. A first class agent.

“Useless and incompetant”

Written on: 30/06/2018

I have learnt that estate agents are generally greedy and unhelpful but Reeds Rains in Scarborough are by far the worst that I have ever dealt with. I had just moved to the Yorkshire coast and was therefore unfamiliar with the area. I printed the directions to the property from the website, followed them, got completely lost, called the branch who blamed another member of staff for the inaccurate map and was directed to the location. On arriving at the property, the person showing me around said that she had to be somewhere else in 5 minutes, so the viewing was done in about a minute. I applied for the tenancy because I was desperate to find a home before my daughter started school the following month. I was asked to provide a guarantor because my income was low. I did this and because it took them weeks to obtain the correct information from her, send the correct forms and communicate with her, so when my daughter started school, we had to stay in a £60 per night guest house. On eventually moving into the property I realised that the garage key I had been given didn't open any of the nearby garages. The branch gave me another key which turned out to be the exact replica of the one I already had and said they believed the garage had a black door. Many phone calls later, the estate agent did a property inspection and said that the key was fine, but the garage handle was broken. After several more phone calls and weeks later, a man turned up at my flat at 9:45 pm . He told me that the garage had a white door, not black and he had fitted it himself. He said that he would drop the correct key by the next day. I stayed in all the next day and waited but he didn't turn up. I eventually got the correct garage key 8 months after I had moved into the property. I am writing this review because I have not had any hot water for 3 days. I phoned the rental management team and reported the boiler issue and a woman called Liberty emailed me a copy of the boiler user manual. I looked at the manual and realised that unless you are a plumber, it doesn't make any sense. Liberty then emailed me a link to a you tube demonstration about releasing pressure. Again, the link made no sense because it was clearly a new version of my boiler. A plumber was finally sent out and thought that he had fixed it. As soon as he left, the water was cold again so I phoned him. He told me to turn the tap on and on doing so, the water was hot. As soon as he got off the phone again, it went cold. By this time I had had enough, so I reported it to Reeds Rains again the following day. The plumber phoned me and asked if I was turning the cold tap instead of the hot, making me feel stupid. He came to look at it again and said it couldn't be fixed, tapped the gas and put a warning sticker on it. It is now Saturday. I am starting a new job on Monday and I can't have a bath or shower. Since renting through Reeds Rains, things have gone from bad to worse and left me feeling very stressed.

“Certainly NOT worthy of an 'Estate Agent service'! ”

Written on: 17/06/2018 by jcSchmitt264 (1 review written)

Certainly NOT worthy of an 'Estate Agent service'! With all the New and upcoming, Far CHEAPER estate agents on-line like 'Purple Bricks', 'YOPA', 'Tepilo', 'Doorsteps', etc, etc one would of thought Reeds Rains would provide a Far better professional, indeed Far CHEAPER service than what they provided with us!? Reeds Rains 'Customer Relations Manager' Ignored the whole complaint Below :- 1. They totally ignored their then employee “J” first visit with us, his appalling discriminatory behaviour towards our beliefs etc, etc. They readily dismissed this as entirely irrelevant! 2. We did NOT say ‘There was not a Vat element to this fee’ We said “J” and others said the Total at the end would be Only £1,700 and No more! This was the Agreement. 3. This is the First Time We had seen this Document Reeds Rains say had a part to play in my sale! 4. We also phoned Reeds Rains as suggested by your employee “J” to Clarify this with management etc at Reeds Rains. They clarified the Total amount would be asked to pay would be £1,700. and No More! 5. They chose to ignore the fact that Reeds Rains Asked us to conduct the viewings ourselves stating because “No one is in the office twas available for the viewing!” We felt Literally pressurized into it! We had to sell our Property to prospective buyers and indeed We alone showed the Property to all who came around even the buyer. No one at Reeds Rains conducted the viewings and even with the buyer Reeds Rains Never told us the viewing was to take place with the buyer. We were kept entirely in the dark even when they turned up on our door step unannounced! This is Not the service anyone should expect is it not? 6. Reeds Rains ignored the fact that the Floor plan made by Reeds Rains was entirely Wrong and we had to take considerable time redrawing it to how it should of been. 7. We were forced to take the pictures because your staff put the old pictures up the pictures when I purchased this property years go when we purchased the property before we renovated it. Reeds Rains used some of the old pictures! In Their response to our complaints they conveniently chose to ignore these facts. Our Case is with the Property Ombudsman because Reeds Rains chooses to ignore our complaints but still demand vast amount of money for their far from professional service!

“Does not turn up to viewings ”

Written on: 11/01/2018 by iwSawyer153 (1 review written)

Arranged a viewing but when we arrived no estate agent turned up. Phoned the estate agent who said they had spoke with my husband (which never happened) and also said that we had booked in for the day before which also wasn’t correct because it was a day that we could not make and I wrote the appointment in my diary while on the telephone. Will not make any arrangements through this estate agents again. How do they expect to sell hours when they can’t even get the viewings right