Flybe

Flybe - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Flybe

“Cabin Baggage Fiasco”

written by on 23/06/2019

Flybe: cabin baggage surcharges. I will never fly with this company again. I would be amazed if they are still in business this time next year. Cabin baggage check cages are sized 10mm to 20mm smaller than standard cabin bag manufacturers sizes. Result is unless you can get your bag fully inside the cage a £50 handling fee and it goes in the hols. I wanted to remove a coat and some other bulky items which were preventing a snug fit but was promptly advised that the gate was closing and I would be prevented from boarding the flight unless I put the bag in the hold. They gave me enough time however to complete the £50 transaction. Joke of an airline with no consideration for customers. There must have been 20 or more passengers who suffered the same fate. Nice little short sighted money spinner for Flybe but at what cost when half your plane of passengers will not be coming back.

“Cabin Baggage Controversy ”

written by RobertWalkerTorquay on 02/04/2019

Cardiff to Paris Wed 27 March. Checked cabin baggage rules and our cases seemed OK. But at the gate the Iron Cage would not fully accept the cases due to wheels protruding by less than 2 cm. This resulted in 2 x £50 penalties and cases put in the hold. This also meant wasted time at Paris CDG waiting for the bags. I noticed there was a large number of passengers caught out by this tight restriction. All believing their cabin bags were the correct size, and then confused and very upset. I spoke with cabin crew and mentioned the upset caused to so many passengers. I said that as a matter of courtesy to the crew I was telling them in advance of me walking down the aisle in order to poll the exact number caught out. The senior member said she was not happy for me to do so. I said that I understood but politely advised her I wished to proceed unless I was given an order not to do so. She then said "I'm making it an order". So I sat down. She then went into the flight deck and came out again 2 mins later, when the captain said "We're expecting turbulence ahead so I'm putting on the seat belts sign and the toilets will be closed for the rest of the flight". Unsurprisingly there was no turbulence. A disappointing poor attitude from the crew. On Saturday's return from Paris CDG there was the same issue with both bags being taken and placed in the hold. Amusingly the flybe cage was place inside the airfrance cage with plenty of room to spare. Unamusingly a family of 4 walked onto the plane with significantly oversized bags. As per previous complaints it was notable that both ways only half the plane was occupied. Also the overhead lockers are comfortably sized. A poor way to run a business and a good way to alienate and loose passengers

“Good Airline”

written by frMcNulty172 on 30/10/2018

you can booking via sellist

“Terrible Experience”

written by Duganqk124 on 09/10/2018

Booked a return flight and they sent me an email informing that the airline has changed the dates and timing for my return.

I couldn't agree to the change as I had work the very next day so I asked for a refund or they could find me another flight for that day. I even agreed to fly with any airline as I had to get back for work.

They didn't get back to me for 2 weeks and then offered a 50% discount which was not okay at all as it was their fault not mine to be giving me 50% discount only for what I had paid!

Found it very awful as they really don't know how to look after their travellers!

“Disgusting airline”

written by sisterjenny on 08/10/2018

What a joke of an airline. Wanted to change the name on a ticket and they wanted to charge me £250.00. I declined and booked another seat but that cost £200.00 but £50 cheaper. I have complained officially by letter but never had a reply. You ring up and the person whom I spoke too could hardly speak English. So I didn't understand them. The charge is horrendous and would never fly with them again. In fact going out went on Air France plane and that was fab and had free tea and crossionant. On way back £2.50 for a cup of tea that was cold.

“What a disaster”

written by on 05/03/2018

Flight delayed 3 hours in Manchester. No information given, and no food or other refreshments offered. Arrived in Belfast and the checked baggage did not arrive. Would think that 5 hours connecting time in Manchester should be enough time to have the baggage loaded on the plane. Baggage delivered 15 hours later by someone who obviously did not enjoy his job. Just rude and unprofessional like the rest of the Flybe staff. Flybe - NEVER AGAIN!!

“Frequent let down by Flybe ”

written by Alexiar473 on 20/11/2017

As I moved to Cardiff 1 year ago I have had the misfortune of having to use Flybe in order to go back and forth. Flying at least once a month and being delayed every second flight. Thought this only happens with the Glasgow to Cardiff flights. But no tonight 20.11.17 would appear to be the worst yet flight supposed to depart at 20.50 not departing until 00.15. Absolutely no information as to why this is and no ground staff any where to be seen.

“Failed unaccompanied minor booking”

written by 320Sherwood on 20/08/2017

I booked a flight for my son to travel as an unaccompanied minor with Flybe from Hannover to Birmingham. He arrived at the airport with the forms supplied by Flybe, escorted by his mother. At the desk she was told that the unaccompanied minor service had not been booked. I was informed of this by phone, as I was waiting in Birmingham airport ready to meet my son. Flybe had failed to enter the details correctly, meaning the booking was missing from the flight details, even though the service had been booked. I was trying to sort this out via the staff at Birmingham, but they were far from helpful. My son had to check in his own bag, go through security and find the gate by himself, he should of been taken through by a member of Flybe staff. Meanwhile in Birmingham the staff assured me that the cabin crew would look after him and then pass him to the ground crew at Birmingham. None of this happened. He was denied the snacks and drink on the plane he was entitled to and when he arrived at Birmingham there was no staff to meet him. He had to find his own way out, through security and collect his own bag, even though the staff at Birmingham had assured me he would be cared for on his arrival. The way flybe have handled this case has been extremely poor, I have been chasing them up on a weekly basis for over 7 weeks to get a response. The first reply I got basically blamed the whole problem on my son, saying he could not find his passport at the gate in Hannover. If he had been accompanied his passport would of been in a neck pouch supplied by Flybe and would of had a staff member to guide him.

“Not good”

written by 203Woods on 10/08/2017

Husband went to Amsterdam for the weekend. 2hr 19 mins delay going out and 2 hrs 21 mins coming back. No offers of drinks for delay on either leg despite a delay of over 2 hours. In Amsterdam board was not regularly updated I had to check the arrival time of incoming flight to update husband. Is this so you do not know plane is going to be delayed more than 2 hours? Also they have reduced their cabin bag size to 35cm width, most are 40cm, and husband had to pay 55 Euros for 8kg of luggage to go in hold. yet lots of people at boarding gate with much bigger bags. Also when he was booking the flight online when he hit pay the cost suddenly shot up with no revised breakdown of fare increase. He had to continue booking as Nephew was booking at same time with a different airline and had paid. I would not recommend this airline.

“Terrible baggage handling”

written by Mohammada187 on 30/05/2017

I flew to visit my sister with my family for the first time in 16 years. I was looking forward to finally seeing where she lives and getting to visit with her and her kids. Sadly, Flybe has lost my bag and has no idea where it might be. Unlike most airlines, they are unable to scan the baggage ticket to locate a bag. This seems like a major safety concern, as well, that they have no idea who's bag belongs to who or where it is?! So, instead of getting to enjoy the time with my sister and this beautiful city in the few days we have, I will be trying to replace the items in my bag. Some of the items can never be replaced. Unfortunately, Flybe cannot be trusted with ones travels or luggage or to allow one to have a special time with family as you will never be able to compensate for the time I have lost.

“Non existent customer service and no refunds policy”

written by 159Castillo on 24/02/2017

I recently booked a flight with Flybe, six months in advance but realised after 3 days I would not be able to fly. After searching for ages to find a way to contact them regarding this I eventually found a contact for them. I called the customer service department only to be told I could not have a refund as they have a no refunds policy. They said I would have to make a request in writing using an online form which I did and I waited for a reply. After 10 days of hearing nothing I contacted the customer service department agin only to be told they hadn't gotten around to even reading my request yet. They reiterated that they would not give me a refund and suggested I make a claim in my travel insurance. I did this which was plainly to say the least, especially considering it is a sister company to Flybe. They told me I would have to pay for a doctors evaluation before they could consider my request, so feeling this was throwing good money after bad I decided to make a new request for a refund directly from Flybe. After weeks of waiting I have still not had any reply. I can't believe a company can get away with treating its customers so badly. I will of course never use the company again.

“Good no frills but comfortable aircraft”

written by carolB123 on 15/02/2017

I booked for the first with Flybe to go to Alicante. I recently moved to Devon so when I weighed up the pros and cons it was financially better to go from Exeter with Flybe over and above going to Bristol or some of the other airports when I calculated getting to airport and parking. The flight was non eventful and no frills but comfortable aircraft. Check in was easy as I checked in online which again was easy to navigate the online system. Staff were no overly friendly and could have been a little more friendly on the flight but as it was only just under 2 hrs I wasn't to phased. Like other no frills airlines pre boo hold luggage or you will be charged a premium at the airport. One cabin case and one hand bag/computer bag is included in the cost of the flight. I have booked another flight in April so hopefully I will have the same positive experience.

“racist in professional, would not recommend to a friend.”

written by 434Fisher on 07/12/2016

racist in professional, would not recommend to a friend.

“rip of airline”

written by BrooksAndersen on 09/10/2015

Arrived at airport and asked to put my hand luggage into the hold as it obtained a set of darts, immediately I was sent to pay for the cost of luggage being put into the hold, weight 7.2kg, this resulted in a charge of £40 for a one way trip, the likes of easy jet I've flown with on many occasions allow hand luggage to be put in hold free of charge, well I must say that was my last flight with Flybe I'd sooner book with another airline and take longer to arrive, wouldn't recommend Flybe ti my worst enemy.

Lochgoil's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2015

These are my sentiments also.

It is a money-grabbing airline who have such a monopoly on some routes that they capture customers that way....better to seek surface travel means. expect to be ripped off by Flybe.

“Good experience”

written by Trinitya350 on 05/10/2015

Like our overall experience. Staff was polite and we were well taken care of. I would recommend flying flybe for sure.

“absolute joke!”

written by Addison253 on 01/10/2015

I am a frequent flyer with flybe, travelling with them twice a week. Today my hand luggage was 2kg's over the allowed amount. I have had to pay £40 for my bag to go into the hold, despite it meeting the size requirement for cabin baggage. To add insult to injury, i can shop in duty free and take a bag of shopping with no weight restriction onto the flight with me for free. No one from flybe to speak to at the airport, advertised price on the website for excess baggage is £12....flybe you are an absolute joke.

Lochgoil's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2015

Spot on with your review.

“Terrible customer service”

written by SteveBranney on 06/09/2015

Their call centre is not 24hr (yet passengers are worldwide) and you contact via the website and get no reply (3 days and waiting). For our delay we requested a change to a later flight at a nearby airport. Despite the representative at the airport explaining the alternate flight (with plenty of empty seats) was about to close and we had children in our party they had no sympathy and instead we lost the money on the fare and had to drive 5 hours instead. A pathetic airline with ZERO customer service.

“Shocking Customer Service”

written by Chrisbradmore on 01/09/2015

Having used Flybe 4 or 5 times this year for internal UK business trips I thought that they were providing a good service - fine until something goes wrong and then you find their internal customer services solution is rubbish. Due to attend a meeting in Bradford at 9am the flight from Southampton to Leeds/Bradford at 7am was ideal. Supposed to arrive at 8.10am the timing was fine, and had booked the 3pm flight back. Having got up at 4am to be ready, drive to the airport, park the car and be in the terminal at 6am to then find out that the plane has been delayed for 2 hours {at least}. I am never quite sure how the very first plane out of an airport for a very short internal UK flight can be delayed but I am sure someone at Flybe customer service can tell me! Having wasted 2 hours at Southampton Airport, knowing that I would be at least 2 hours late, if not more, for a 3 hour meeting I called it a day and went home. I asked for a refund at the airport and was told to contact Flybe direct, which I did via email when I got home that morning.Five days later I got this response, that in itself is shows how much they care when it takes 5 days, "Dear Firstly, may I apologise for the delayed response. With reference to your request for refund. Please be advised that this flight was only delayed by 2hours 27 minutes and under EU regulations a flight must be delayed by 5hours or more for us to offer a refund. We do relax this to 3 hours on a day return but unfortunately this criteria is still not met. In view of this we would not be able to offer any kind of refund/voucher and the only thing I can respectfully suggest is to contact your personal travel insurers who may be able to assist you further. I regret our response could not be more favourable. Kind Regards" I will not be using this company again, as I told them by return email

“Customer Relations Unfit For Purpose”

written by on 15/08/2015

I have no issue with Flybe aircraft or Cabin Staff. My issue rests firmly at the door of Customer Relations at Flybe who, despite having ten weeks to respond adequately to a formal complaint regarding the Bumping of passengers withe pre-arranged Special Assistance. have failed to clarify major issues relating to processes and policy. Customer Relations is a Misnoma for he Charade and unprofessional and unhelpful service which is supposed to support Flybe and make passengers feel confident that they are being treated fairly and in a timely fashion. Neither has been the case in my experience. My advice to customers if there is a problem- don't bother contacting them. You will only waste a lot of money on phone calls and printer ink writing to them.

“Be902 Liverpool to Belfast ”

written by KinsleyGriffin-Alt on 27/07/2015

We were already running an hour late, then when taxiing to the runway a warning light came on. The flight was cancelled. There where people crying and devastated as the robot staff so used to criticism just shrugged off concerns. The bizarre thing was the plane had just landed. If you read this review and use them anyway it's your fault. Absolutely horrendous.