Quake 2 (PC) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Jing Cha.'s review of Quake 2 (PC)

“Quake 2 PC game from ID software has got to be the...”

Written on: 28/05/2002 by Jing Cha. (1 review written)

EXCELLENT GRAPHICS,
EXCELLENT INTRO MOVIE,
EXCELLENT MAP DESIGNS,
THE QUAKE SYMBOL KICKS ASS =C,
YOU CANT BEAT A RAILGUN.

Poor Single Player Experience. No variety in visuals like Half Life. No Bot/Cheat prevention in Multiplayer offered standard.

Even the bad points of this game cant force me to give it any lower than a 10. It is just too addictive.

General Comments
Quake 2 PC game from ID software has got to be the coolest game I've ever played.

Everytime I start it I MUST watch the Intro Movie.

This game tends to become an obsession rather than a game to me. I found myself mindlessly drawing Quake 2 QUAD symbols =C

I found myself playing alone just listening to the sound FX especially the RAILGUN. They have NEVER made a weapon in ANY game cooler than Quake 2's railgun. The only weapon that I feel EVEN COMES CLOSE to the visceral effect I get firing the RAILGUN is firing the AWP in Counterstrike.

In a lot of ways these weapons are alike.

Equal reload times. They are both 1 shot killers. They are Both Feared when seen. They are both FEARED when heard! and EVERYONE tries to ban them or keep them out of the hands of a bot.

THE R A I L G U N kicks ass!

• Addiction Level