Thor Review

DaveyBoy77's review of Thor

“This film confused me from the start. I actually...”

Written on: 12/05/2011 by DaveyBoy77 (58 reviews written)

This film confused me from the start. I actually thought I was going to watch a Viking epic, not some rehashed comic book film conversion. It seemed to mash Viking religion with comic book fantasy and a pretty standard non-plot. In lots of ways, it reminded me of the latest Tron, just without the awesome soundtrack and visuals. I also thought the 3-d was pretty non-existent - it clearly wasn't shot in 3-d, and was just one of those films converted as an afterthought. In fact, the best bit of the 3-d was the closing credits, where there was a pretty impressive flight through space. I probably wouldn't recommend it unfortunately. Natalie Portman did look hot though.

• Anthony Hopkins, Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman,

Starring Actor/Actress

• Cinema

Where Did You See It?

Reviewkitten's Response to DaveyBoy77's Review

Written on: 16/05/2011

You thought it was going to be a film about Vikings? Never seen the Thor comics or The Avengers? Didn't watch it in 3D as it's far too gimacky and was added as an afterthought by the studio (not Branagh's fault).

Daveyboy77's Response to DaveyBoy77's Review