Outback Excel 200 Review

• Durability

• Ease of Cleaning

Guest's review of Outback Excel 200

“I bought an Outback Excel 200 in 2007. Until now I had...”

Written on: 03/05/2011

I bought an Outback Excel 200 in 2007. Until now I had been well pleased with it but when I used it on the Royal Wedding day I discovered that the burner was completely corroded and in a dangerous state. It has had limited use over 4 seasons and has been well looked after. When not in use it is kept covered and in a dry shed. Cost of replacing the burner (if they had one in stock) is nearly £50 so I think a better option will be to buy a replacement in my local DIY store. £150 for 4 year's use does not seem like good value to me.

• Medium

BBQ Type

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2012

I agree - my experiance of an Excel 300 (same as 200 but has a side burner - waste of space!) is the same as this. It has had limited use over 2 years but the body is now rusting rapidly inside and the burner has rusted right through.
I can't bring myself to be ripped of for another cheap quality but expensively priced burner so I'm investigating a 4 burner fully stainless steel bbq fof £190 on ebay. If it lasts 4 years I'll have come out better off than buying one of these bean cans!

Garden on Amazon