Deviant Art www.deviantart.com Review

wibbie's review of Deviant Art www.deviantart.com

“Deviantart.com is an excellent place to collect,...”

Written on: 22/04/2011 by wibbie (2 reviews written)

Deviantart.com is an excellent place to collect, store, share and receive critiques on photography, poetry, writing, and artwork. Anyone can use it, and it doesn't cost to upload your artwork or to use the site. There are bonuses to the paid membership, of course, but it is certainly not required to use the site or to purchase products.

The only problem I have with the whole experience is that because it is such a HUGE art community, it would be really hard to pick out a favourite picture to purchase (for me, anyway), if I were doing so. There are SO many artists posting, that it is an art-saturated marketplace.

Thankfully, there is a mature content filter available, but I believe it is up to the artist to rate their content as mature. Some stuff gets through that I would call mature.

One can sell one's creations on the site, and DA does take a cut when they are involved in the process, but it would be worth it to me not to have to do the mailing and printing.

They have fantastic clothing and other items, but I'd like to see the option of creating my own t-shirts, etc. using my own art. Maybe that's there... I don't know.

DA also has great contests, both user oriented ones, and actual DA created ones with incredible prizes... but the competition is tough!

Anyway, once you get the hang of using the site, it's fantastic!