Tristar Standard Trumpet Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Tristar Standard Trumpet

“I bought a Tristar student trumpet last year from...”

Written on: 13/04/2011

I bought a Tristar student trumpet last year from their North American reseller on ebay (canada warehouse I believe). Then, more recently, I bought their professional trumpet for about $350.

The student trumpet has been performing quite well so far. For under $100 it was definitely a good buy. The sound quality is quite acceptable (not comparable to my $2500 Yamaha, but then I paid only $100!). It looks quite good. The finish still holds after nearly a year.

All in all, this is not a pro horn. But for $100, its a great beginner trumpet, and beats the $300 Chinese stuff anyday.

The pro model horn is supposed to be an OEM. By the look of the trumpet and case, I could make out that it's none other than a Besson. Even the case is an original Besson. Good stainless steel valves, nice lacquered finish. Its just a month old, so lets see how the finish holds up.

However, I would rate the pro horn equivalent to a Yamaha intermediate horn. But yes, a $1000+ Besson for $350, and its definitely a steal!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard