Panasonic SD-257 Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Panasonic SD-257

“I live in China, where real bread is impossible to...”

written by on 30/03/2011

I live in China, where real bread is impossible to buy, only Chinese bread which is similar to sponge cake! So when on holiday in the UK I bought the Panasonic 257 machine, based on reviews and friends opinions, when I tried it, I was overjoyed at the results, at first using ingredients purchased in the UK, now I have to use local flour, yeast etc, and still get excellent loaves.

I now supply bread to my neighbours and my students, who think it is much better than local produce, the machine has been used every day for the last two months, sometimes 3 times in a day!! And, never once failed to produce a tasty loaf, I have experimented with making cakes, but, the lack of correct flour and other ingredients has not been a fair test, I did manage to make a ginger cake, which tasted good, but sank as it cooled, becoming almost flat and gluey in texture, I believe this was because I used honey instead of Syrup and the flour may have been wrong .

The timer function is a blessing as I prepare the night before and it is ready the following morning for me to drop off to a neighbour still hot, as I leave for work! I find the bread stays reasonably fresh for about 3 days, but due to humidity here, the crust softens very fast, and to have a crunchy crust means eating within 4 hours of turning it out.

I highly recommend this machine, especially for those with no cooking experience such as myself.

• 1 - 6 months