RAC 1850 Watt Pressure Washer Review

Guest's review of RAC 1850 Watt Pressure Washer

“Purchased the RAC-HP04 in February 2010, used about 6...”

Written on: 28/03/2011

Purchased the RAC-HP04 in February 2010, used about 6 times before storing in November over winter (Frost Free). Removed from storage March 2011, connected water hose & water continually dumped from internal valve beside of motor. Having no success in stoping the flow of water I contacted the help line stated in the user manual (Hilka 02083916767) a complete waste of time. They informed me that they do not supply internal parts or recommend a suitable repairer. When asked why they would not or could not recommend a repairer, their reply was that if the repairer failed to make any satisfactory repair, then Hilka could be held responsible. They did give me an RAC number to phone but this was a premium number (£1.00 per min) & not wanting to spend this amount of money on a phone call I tried the internet.

I then looked on the RAC site to find out if anyone would be able to help, sadly I could only find the RAC accessory shop (No Telephone number just an e-mail enquiry address. Used this address, stated the problem & asked for a contact number to enable me to speak with someone. I then recieved an e-mail from Hilka (The same person that I had spoken with in the first place) asking me to contact them as they had received my enquiry from RAC.

I have now spoken with Hilka again (The same person as before) who advised me to purchase another pressure washer.

I will certainly purchase another washer but not one associated with RAC or Hilka. I wish I had looked at the reviews prior to purchase, it would have saved me a lot of time & money. I would not have given this product any stars for value for money or for an overall rating unfortunately you have to give at least the minimum one.

My advise to any one is AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.