Minolta Dimage 5 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Jim Halsey.'s review of Minolta Dimage 5

“Well... I am on my second Minolta Dimage 5 digital...”

Written on: 23/04/2002 by Jim Halsey. (1 review written)

Quality of output.

Only a 16Mb memory card.

General Comments
Well... I am on my second Minolta Dimage 5 digital camera. I purchased the first one from a high street store, tried it for a few days and found the quality to be very good, but lost of out of focus shots. Found camera to be over 20% cheaper on the net, so returned unit and bought from the net. The second camera seems to be much better-almost no out of focus shots! (I am guessing that this might be a firmware issue, but I am unaware how to check the firmware!)

• Image Quality

36457_David.'s Response to Jim Halsey.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2002

Check Minolta Europe web site for firmware update, includes instructions on how to check current version. I bought a DiMAGE 5 in May, had to return to Minolta UK for repair to focus system (50% shots out of focus, even though camera reported focus lock). Now very pleased with results, but find it best to use Aperture priority to force f8 and gain depth of field and sharpness.(you will need a steady hand as this can result in slow shutter speeds with risk of camera shake, the DiMAGE is much lighter than my old Nikon SLR, hence slightly more prone to shake, but I find it fits my hand well). All in all a good value for money buy for those who have moved from a SLR and are prepared to use it's many features.(You get better results than the program mode, but that is accepable if you just want point and press funtionality)