Kodak DC215 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Colin.'s review of Kodak DC215

“I bought the Kodak DC215 digital camera at a...”

Written on: 22/04/2002 by Colin. (1 review written)

looks, versatility, build quality.

Guzzles batteries so I have bought NiMH ones and a charger. A DC adapter is a worthwhile add-on too if you want to avoid fadeout when downloading to computer.

General Comments
I bought the Kodak DC215 digital camera at a knock-down price of £70 from a retailer who seemed to have forgotten about it. I got nothing but the camera. A serial interface cost less than £7. OK, so the DC215 is a bit outmoded. I occasionally use a Fuji Finepix 2400Zoom at work, but that has far too many features for personal use. I like the look and feel of the DC215. I like the fact that the Manual is available on the Web. Above all, I like its ease of use. I could go on ... the LED screen is reassuringly large and easy to read. The range of customisation options is impressive. The photos come out in convincing colour, if a bit blurry.

But, what the heck, the DC215 is real value for money. It parks pics on the computer effortlessly (I can't say that for the Fuji!). Get longlife batteries, use a DC adapter when you download and in the DC215 you have a camera which you will cherish. I have inserted this review just to reassure those who have written nice things about the DC215 in the past that there still are some who share their enthusiasm.

• Image Quality