Spandau Ballet Review

Guest's review of Spandau Ballet

Spandau ballet reunion tour started and their fans...”

Written on: 05/03/2011

Spandau ballet reunion tour started and their fans went wild. Everybody couldn't wait to see Tony, Gary, Martin, Steve and John all back together as we never thought it would happen again.

After splitting up 20 years ago the band finally decided to get back together and do a tour of the world. They went to London, Madrid ect. Their fans rolled in by the thousands to watch this legendary band re-united. While standing in the stalls the audience impatiently waited to see the one and only Spandau Ballet then the lights lit up ..

All I could hear was the cheers of the people around me and the screaming of the women and some of the men!!! A video showing them back in the day flashed up on a large screen above the stage. Then the lights went down and behind a siphon curtain I could see the shadows of the band. Standing there like statues they waited as the audience waited for their long lost band to play.

The clicking of the drumsticks echoed through the arena as John Keeble counted the band in. the siphon curtain was released and it rippled to the floor. On stage the band burst into life after being silenced for 20 years. The music rushed through my ears like wind running through my hair. I felt the bass underneath my feet as it pounded in time with my heart. The drum bellowed around the arena, letting everybody know that he was the boss of the band.

I know then that this was the most exciting night of my life.

• Sheffiled Arena