Fagor IF-64R Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

grasueuk's review of Fagor IF-64R

“I've trained as a chef and have worked with good...”

Written on: 05/03/2011 by grasueuk (1 review written)

I've trained as a chef and have worked with good quality equipment. I know that working with responsive appliances not only makes cooking pleasurable and easier but also saves time and money. The Fagor IF-64R induction hob is money well spent if you're looking for an induction hob that does what it says. There are 9 power levels that are very responsive from 1 through to 9. I wanted to test these levels so I filled a pan with 1 litre/2 pints of cold water and set the hob on full power at level 9. It took just over a minute to boil fiercly. I reduced the power at each level and noticed a difference in the way the water boiled at each reduction in power. Power level 1 is brilliant if you have melted butter on a higher level and then reduce power to level 1 to keep warm and liquidy without burning,(good for gravies and casseroles/stews). My overall opinion on this induction hob is very high. It's built as a work-horse, not to look fancy and do nothing. Being a fussy chef I struggle to find in the domestic appliance range value for money and quality that will last, but Fagor have hit the mark in my opinion. I guess if you have lots of money to spare then go ahead and buy a hob that is 3 or 4 times the price of the Fagor IF-64R but the control power levels won't be any different! Better you spend the extra money on good quality saucepans because there you will notice a difference.

• 1 - 6 months