Naims.co.uk www.naims.co.uk Review

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

virtualmark2's review of Naims.co.uk www.naims.co.uk

“I'm really annoyed with Naims and Entanet and would...”

Written on: 15/02/2011 by virtualmark2 (8 reviews written)

I'm really annoyed with Naims and Entanet and would not recommend them to anyone. Heres why.

I ordered my connection a couple of years ago, paid for my setup and provided my own router. I've had slow speeds at peak times, and have emailed Naims about it. Rather than just admitting that the network is running at peak capacity, they had me perform speed tests with BT. I sent them my results a few times, and didn't hear back from them.

I'm paying over the odds for a sub par connection so i decided to cancel, i'm moving anyway so won't need a bt line anymore. Now they've charged me £30 cancellation fee, which BT have apparently started charging. Neither Naims nor Entanet have made any effort to contact me to tell me about this change of the terms and conditions, and i have point blank refused to pay as i should have been given 30 days notice.

Naims are now ignoring my emails, and Entanet have refused to waive this charge. I was a customer of Entanet before i was with Naims, i won't be returning after the way they are treating me. It took over a week to get a reply from about 5 emails, they can keep the £30 i'm going to spread the word about them it'll cost them more in the long run if this is how they treat customers.

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Icanhelp's Response to virtualmark2's Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

In order to prove there is an issue and if necessary get action from BT wholesale regarding capacity etc on their local circuit . The ISP needs to gather evidence of the speed issue from the official BT speedtester website and these tests need to be run from the connection of the customer concerned at the times the issue occurs.

If a customer leaves the BT infrastructure to join an LLU provider ,e.g. Sky, TalkTalk etc (LLU meaning the ISP essentially use their own network)with out first getting a MAC from their current ISP. BT don't know it is a migration and charge their broadband cancellation fee via the ISP whih is then passed on to the customer.
What isn't clearly pointed out to anyone that joins an LLU service is the fact that, as you are on your ISP's own circuit, you cannot migrate to another ISP Free of Charge. Unless the new ISP agrees to foot the bill for the move in exchange for a long contract of 18 to 24 months.