HSBC Bank Account Plus Review

• Ease of use

Guest's review of HSBC Bank Account Plus

“Called to warn the fraud team of my overseas travel...”

Written on: 11/02/2011

Called to warn the fraud team of my overseas travel (online service not working) the guy told me everything would be fine and even asked what made me think they might block my card. Obviously telling him it had already happened wasn't enough, he was clueless. My card got blocked, had to call to get it working, got blocked again, had to call a third time. Card was put on restriction: £100 a day withdrawal only. On top of the hassle of having to plan everything around ATMs, that doesn't even cover the restaurant for two persons in Barbados. The phone bill cost £100 and they did not get rid of the restriction after the holidays, instead made me close my card leaving me 5 days without a card. Thanks HSBC.

• Ease of use

Danielbt85's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2013

Riase a complaint and a full refund of both your phone bill and the problems caused during your holiday. Note that all phone calls at call centres are recorded. Therefore if the gentleman did not record when and where you were going this is the banks error. They should also state that even though you place a marker it doesnt guarantee it not being blocked if they suspect fraud.

I would recommend complaining as a £100 phone bill is unacceptable and the inconvenience caused.