Norwegian Cruise Line, Norwegian Jade Review

3.1
  • Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of Norwegian Cruise Line, Norwegian Jade

“Between the two of us, this was our 15th cruise. It...”

written by on 09/02/2011

Between the two of us, this was our 15th cruise. It was interesting that first-timers liked it but experienced cruisers were very disappointed. The lower cost was obliterated by seven (7!) specialty restaurants at extra charge. Drinks were high priced and heavily pushed(we had 7 servers approach us in less than 10 minutes). The food was mediocre and poorly prepared/presented. The variety of food was poor. Our favourite was the Blue Lagoon - at least the food was dependable and plentiful. Our room (for a significant up charge) was lovely and the professional entertainment was excellent. Other entertainment was pretty lame. We won't be cruising NCL again.

• JANUARY 2011

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Graham Povey's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2011

I found this review helpful because...I am going on Jade 18/3/11 and will visit the blue lagoon as sugested. Thanks

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2011

I had my first cruise with Norwegian Jade in July, and I must say I strongly disagree with your comments. Withe the choice of 12 restaurants, there is plenty to choose between. Most of them are at an extra cover charge, but still only 10-25 USD extra. And I found most of the food very good, nicely presented and with lots of varieties. The choice in the buffet was excellent. The service from all staff was very good and friendly. I will definetely go with NCL and Jade again!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2011

Ooh,bit worrying really.....we are going on the same cruise liner in February. Do I need to make the chef walk the gangplank if the food is rubbish?