The Lemon Tree, Colchester Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Lemon Tree, Colchester

“I pre-booked this for a nice meal for me and my...”

Written on: 06/02/2011

I pre-booked this for a nice meal for me and my girlfriend it was a surprise that evening as we were celebrating our anniversary. once arrived the place was empty but we were left standing at the front door very poor indeed but gave benefit of the doubt. we ordered our meal my girlfriend ordered chicken breast i ordered the rib eye steak. my girlfriend meal arrived and looked nothing like chicken breast but more like strips of chewy fatty chicken thigh with bones in!!!!!!. i never heard of chicken breast with bones in. the waitress then argued the case then chef cooked fresh one by this time i had already eaten mine then waitress had cheek to say to my partner do you still want your meal really unacceptable what was supposed to be a romantic dinner for two ended up as my partner watching me eat my meal then me watching her soooooooooooooo wrong will not be going back would never recommend this to my worst enemy.

• Other

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Refined