Peking Garden, Epping Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Peking Garden, Epping

“I have been going to This Restaurant for so many years...”

Written on: 04/02/2011

I have been going to This Restaurant for so many years i cannot remember, but our last visit last friday was a shocker.

The Staff are quite simply the rudest people i have encountered in any resturant.

We booked a table for 10, and were the first to arrive, after 20 minute standing by the bar trying to get a waitress' attention, i was told we were sitting "over there" and was left to find our seat, and then spent 60 minutes waiting for drinks, we must of asked each waitress 10 or 15 times for our drinks, in the end i walked up to the manager and asked why we are waiting an hour to be served, and he just looked at me up and down, and ignored me and served someone else.....unreal.

We had to beg for the menus, so after an 8.30 table, we left at midnight.

The food was ok, but the service was so bad, that we will never go back.

It's a shame as we travelled 20 miles and have such fond memories of the Peking Garden of old, but the manager needs to learn one huge lesson..learn some basic manners.NEVER AGAIN.

• Chinese

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all