Ford Street Ka 1.6i Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Ford Street Ka 1.6i

“I bought my streetka last year from a small dealer and...”

Written on: 02/02/2011

I bought my streetka last year from a small dealer and it turns out I have been had! I swapped my lovely little fiesta for this car and it has cost me a fortune. First, passenger door handle went £50. It drinks oil and petrol. Broke down, fuel pump needed replacing, £400. 4 new tyres another £400, 6 months later 2 front tyres bald again. Took for a service, needed new wishbones, bushes, alignment, tracking, and the 2 new tyres, £500! Also needs brake fluid etc filling up. Car was not well looked after before me. The tax disc is £130 for 6 months! Yes its fun, and cheap to buy, but I would rather spend my money on going out not on fixing a car and worrying if it will break down.

Just think about it before you buy, yes its different, yes its funky, but if you are broke due to repair bills how much fun is it really? I only bought it in March 2010 and it has cost me nearly £1500!!!!

• 2004

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2011

I to am furious, I swapped my lovely ka for a street ka.one of the worst cars. EVER.you have my sympathy. The same as you,numerous door handles,numerous thermostats/gaskets/housing/tyres/wateer pump etc.How can these manufacturers get away with it! Mine is an 04plate+has cost me well over 2k just to fix it+8k to buy, and low mileage(coz it doesn't go half the time). Its been valued at 2maybe 3k..daylight robbery.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2011

Sounds very familiar I have also replaced wishbones, a broken driver handle and 2 bald tyres after 6months ..... 2100 miles later. I am afraid to say I am not impressed