Hollister Review

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Ryles23's review of Hollister

“I too, am surprised at the lack of reviews for

Written on: 20/01/2011 by Ryles23 (11 reviews written)

I too, am surprised at the lack of reviews for Hollister clothing - although this may be down to review centre being a better documentation of negative reviews. This is a review of the website rather than the physical shops.

I bought about £120 worth of clothing on the Hollister 2 weeks ago, overall amounting to £25 shipping and handling. Not bad considering it is coming from America and they cover all of the import tax/customs charges on their behalf, but also considering they have a large string of stores and suppliers throughout the UK it's an absolute wonder why they don't have a UK website and ship from the UK. It's a bit disappointing but not a total miss... as £25 was half the price of driving to my nearest store and back, I opted for the online option.

Hollister predicted a delivery date of 7 days from my order, which sounded very quick coming from America - and it was infact too good to be true, arriving 12 days after my order was placed.

I'd like to stress that you won't be charged extra on top of your delivery. I read several reviews on the internet of people saying they were charged taxes on top, which worried me to no end - but all was well!

Their sizing -in my opinion- is dead on. I guess from their "look policy" and the bad side you hear of Hollister, I expected the sizing to be SMALL = UK 4-6UK, but as a UK10 size M fitted me perfectly.

The clothes are great - one of my favourite parts of Hollister's range is that they are always very soft and comfortable. Some tops I bought were very beautiful and they come in a wide range of different colours suitable to a wide range of tastes. I don't really know what to say about the clothes to "sell" them, I'll let them speak for themselves. I think some items are overpriced but for their quality I feel they're reasonable.

The only reason I give it 4/5 instead of the full 5 is because the S+H is a bit pricey and the missed estimated delivery date of a 5 day difference. Otherwise, I had a great shopping experience and would happily use them again. :)

• N/A