HTC Desire HD Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

The BFG's review of HTC Desire HD

“This is a truly impressive phone. I'm not going to...”

Written on: 14/01/2011 by The BFG (2 reviews written)

This is a truly impressive phone. I'm not going to list its spec, it would take too long, but it does everything you'd expect from a htc Android device and does it extremely well. Android is the best OS in my opinion and this device really gets the best out of it. Processing speeds and memory are high, no evidence of juddering or slowing down like I got on my old HTC hero. The battery is an issue, whilst you can make it last longer by turning off background apps, you will have to charge it every night. If you're a heavier user then a spare charger for the car or office is recommended, I've ordered spare micro usb cables for that reason but they're cheap enough.

The main issue with this device is the size. Yes, the big screen is amazing but its nigh on impossible to use one handed, especially if you add a case. I've got a 24cm hand span and I struggle. The HTC desire is certainly more manageable.

This is a phenomenal phone, probably the best smartphone available, but it really is more pda than phone. If you're new to Android or just want a good smartphone for general use then the HTC desire would probably be more suitable. It's got almost as high a spec but is much more manageable.

Rolandratty's Response to The BFG's Review

Written on: 05/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because...It was an honest review!