Nokia X6 16GB Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Geddy's review of Nokia X6 16GB

“I wanted to buy an iPhone but didn't have the budget...”

Written on: 06/01/2011 by Geddy (3 reviews written)

I wanted to buy an iPhone but didn't have the budget for £50 contract, so got the X6 on a £20/month contract with unlimited internet, calls and texts. After the initial setup (which took hours!) I was happy with the phone, then after only a couple of weeks the on/off sitch flicked off one morning. When the phone was returned repaired to me, I then had to go through all the setup process all over again.

The phone does not come with a memory card, so after 12 months all the images and videos I stored had to be deleted as the phone memory simply wasn't big enough. Occasionally when writing a text the phone deletes what you have typed, and you can't stop it - also my friend has reported the same problem.

You cannot set the alarm for 2 sets of workdays and repeating odd alarms on a regular basis is impossible, which is a little inconvenient to me but maybe not to others.

Altogether good value for money but there are a few functions that could be tweaked to be better, including the Facebook application that is installed - if you uninstall it you cannot re-install. The Ovi store does not have an update. Annoying as I was told to do this by Customer Services at the time.