Discount Mobility Direct - www.discountmobilitydirect.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Discount Mobility Direct - www.discountmobilitydirect.co.uk

“I am very happy with the service I received from DMD,...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

I am very happy with the service I received from DMD, however in the interest of disabled people thinking of purchasing a chair as I did, may suggest the following:

I am disabled with Osteoarthritis and I had looked at several chairs before opting to buy from DMD.

And I must admit I thought the chair was being delivered by van with two men to install the chair and demonstrate on how to use it.

I did not think to ask about how it would be delivered. When the courier company failed to arrive on the date specified because of the snow I contacted DMD and found out the chair was being delivered the next day by a certain courier company... the chair arrived the next day as promised... the chair was packed in a large carton box and extremely heavy. With only the driver available he offered to reverse up my drive and leave the chair in my garage.

I was unable to move it from the garage and I have no one who could help, the driver bless him helped me take the chair out of the carton and helped me take it into my living room. I was in agony at the time, and have been in pain ever since.

The buyer should inform the seller that they are disabled and cannot handle large items, and arrange with the seller that perhaps they could send the item with a delivery company with enough men to be able to place the item in the customers home. I have learned my lesson, perhaps in the future the seller being a supplier of items for disabled persons will explain to the buyer the size and weight of the item they will receive. Between the seller & the buyer we could prevent this situation from reocurring again. ( a misunderstanding )

• Electric Reclining Chair £418.00